⌈02⌋ Identity

Code Name: Into The INFINITE Abyss
☩ Doojoon's POV ☩
 
I point the mouse cursor to the next button, revealing another picture of the four mysterious person who used our identities as Seven Archangels. I stare at the face of an unknown guy for minutes in silence, trying to remember in case I have met him before.
 
It's kind of useless actually. Even Yoseob who has eidetic memory has announced that he never saw them before.
 
After Mr Hong's visit, I immediately held an emergency meeting, dividing our tasks in instance to take care of both cases at the same time.
 
There were some arguments. Yoseob insisted that we should focus on Hae Sahyun but Junhyung believed that our impostors should be a more important concern for us.
 
As for me, I think both cases should be taken care of.
 
A runaway criminal who is also one of our members' twin brother versus, possibly, seven mysterious persons with unknown objective.
 
I don't think we have a choice to choose.
 
After minutes, I decide to change my focus. Maybe I will work better in tracking Lucifer's whereabout instead of our impostors. I guess the others will give me better news later.
 
It's crazy how Hae Sahyun could escape from the special prison. It's guarded twenty-four hours and security cameras are everywhere. There is no keyhole; we use retinal scan there.
 
Lucifer was imprisoned in the seventh layer of the special prison since he was considered as a dangerous criminal. In his criminal record, he never killed anyone but his intelligence is really dangerous.
 
Just like his twin sister, he is actually a genius. He could hack into government's system and ruin everything in seconds if he wanted to. His hatred towards polices changed him in a very extreme way.
 
"No fingerprint," I read through the file from Mr Hong. "Last time seen on 6.23 AM. The camera which monitored him experienced maintenance at 7.01 AM. The maintenance happened again at 9.34 AM."
 
Around 9.44 AM, the officer who observed the camera finally noticed that the prison was already empty.
 
Lucifer disappeared in less than ten minutes. Or so what they think.
 
"There must be a mole...," I murmur my deduction to no one and read through all the paper in one glance. A thought crosses my mind as I quickly rush out from my office room.
 
"Uriel?" Hyunseung calls me when I walk pass him. "What's wr-"
 
"Grab your car," I don't wait for him to finish his question. "Head to the special prison. Now."
 
If Lucifer could escape from the special prison with that plan, I bet the other six Princes of Hell can follow his plan.
 
"One fugitive is enough," I close my car door and start the engine immediately. "We don't need Seven Princes of Hell back on Earth."
 
 
☩ Junhyung's POV ☩
 
"Gabriel," Dongwoon calls out my code name and hands over a black file folder to me. "I've checked their identities. I think you should check them with Michael and Sariel, in case they can figure out something else."
 
"Sure," I take it and scan the whole room quickly. I notice that Hyunseung is nowhere to be found. "Where is Raguel?"
 
"Out with Uriel," he answers, taking a seat in front of his computer again. "Something urgent is up regarding Seven Princes of Hell. Uriel said you should call him later."
 
I nod in understanding and thank him for the file. I walk to the meeting room where Yoseob and Sara are discussing about the new case.
 
"I don't know you. Your face is not familiar. I don't think I know you. And I definitely don't know you," I flip the file one by one, amazed by Dongwoon's ten minutes work to find the identities of four mysterious persons.
 
Unfortunately, even after I know their names, I still have no idea why they used our code names.
 
Seven Archangels' real identities are the biggest secret in KNPA. The officers heard about us but when seven of us appeared in the headquarter, we are just ordinary police officers.
 
People only know us with our code names but it's too risky to use our code names like what they did yesterday night.
 
"What is our Sariel doing?" I open the door and smirk, admiring her perfect curve from behind since she is staring at the projector screen, the one which shows the route of the museum where the Turquoise Jewel was hidden last night.
 
"Analyzing everything," she chuckles without bothering to look at me. "Don't you think it's strange that they put an alarm at the museum just right when we're going to catch the thief?"
 
I approach her and murmur, "It is strange but I am thinking about something else now...."
 
Without any warning, I wrap her waist with my arms, trailing her neck with my lips and whisper, "Do you really know nothing about them, Sara?"
 
"Michael will be really mad if he sees you, you know," Sara tilts her head aside, giving me more access to kiss her neck. "It's still working time, Junhyung Oppa."
 
I slide my hand under her top shirt, tickling her with my fingers against her skin, "But he is not here, isn't he?"
 
"I wasn't. A second ago."
 
The voice surprises me. I pull away from Sara and look at the genius in our team, staring at me with cold glare. He just stepped out from the storeroom to get a new marker.
 
"Of course you're here," I fake a cough. I put the black folder on the table, "Here, from Ramiel."
 
I give a wink to Sara and whisper to her ear before I leave to give a call to Doojoon, "Let's continue later."
 
 
☩ Yoseob's POV ☩
 
Junhyung closes the door, leaving only Sara and I in the meeting room. I reach out my hand to take the black folder but Sara is faster than me.
 
"Are you jealous, Michael?" she waves the folder next to her face. She has a playful smirk, playing on her lips. "Is it because his kisses or me calling him 'Oppa'?"
 
This one side of hers never changed. Even at this time, she still chooses to tease me instead of trying to solve our case.
 
"You two should get a room if that happen again in our working time," I retort coldly. "The folder. Now. Our time is limited."
 
Sara just giggles happily. She walks to my side and gives the folder to me. She pulls me by my black tie for a quick kiss on lips.
 
"You're cute when you're jealous, Yoseob Oppa," Sara takes a step backward. "Now shall we check their identities?"
 
I heave a sigh at her attitude but shrug it away. It's not like I just knew her today. She's always been like this.
 
"Kim Sunggyu," I read the name of the man with gold-brown hair. "A pianist at a small bar. Graduated from a local university two years ago."
 
My eyes move to the next page, the one I recognize wearing sunglasses on the previous picture. His name is Nam Woohyun and he is jobless. It's also noted down that he has an older brother.
 
"Lee Howon," Sara reads the third name. "No specific profile but listed in KNPA as a witness for bank robbery case two years ago."
 
The last one is Kim Myungsoo, a young man who has graduated from MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a private research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.
 
"Kim Sunggyu, Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, Kim Myungsoo," Sara snatches the marker from me and writes those four names on the whiteboard. "Any of the names ring bell, Michael?"
 
I don't answer her. I open my laptop and start to search for the related files about Kim Sunggyu. His name sounds familiar to me.
 
When I have found his file from the confidential file of KNPA, I open it and my eyes widen in surprise when I finally remember where I have heard his name before.
 
The first thing I have in mind is we need Hyunseung.
 
Now.
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
The polling is over!
Yes, I've made the decision already and I hope all of you will enjoy the rest of the story.
I'll do my best with what I can do. :3
 
Feel free to share your thought about this second chapter, about Sara, about BEAST, about INFINITE, or about anything!
Will be happy to read it! ;)