⌈06⌋ Nuisance

Code Name: Into The INFINITE Abyss
☩ Sunggyu's POV ☩
 
Working behind the shadow of the world sounds cool but, in reality, it . Sure there is one and another good point of having a job where other people have no idea what you're really doing.
 
For example I can have several names just in months. I gain VVIP access to wherever I want to go most of the times. I know what most people don't know with my authority.
 
At the same time I also lose my freedom to enjoy what guys around my age usually have.
 
Going to the office building and have lunch break with colleagues. Enjoying summer holiday to beach. Having dates on weekeds and take couple photos together.
 
What do I have now?
 
Spending the nights in a building with six other guys who love to test my patience, especially the two youngest members in my team. My summer holiday is spent with chasing and going after criminal suspects. My weekends? More tasks to take care of.
 
So if that's the case why do I still bother to handle this job?
 
Because the thrill is something you definitely can't have from another job. To have your brain working nonstop and figure out what's waiting in the end, to prove that you're right and everything else is under your control.
 
It's thrilling.
 
Nevertheless if anyone asks me what the down part I'm suffering here is, I'll definitely answer: being a leader of a team that can barely have one same decision most of the times.
 
As the oldest one and the most experienced member, I have the responsibility as a leader and this is definitely not an easy task.
 
Sometimes I think risking my life with chasing over an international criminal with a car is easier than to argue with them.
 
That's why I really hope things will not be a mess today after our encounter with KNPA's best team, Seven Archangels.
 
We heard about them for quite a while but we never met them in person like this until today. It's ironic how our first meeting should have our guns raised.
 
"NIS agents?" the leader of Seven Archangels raises his eyebrow in suspicion. "All of you? What- Why should you use our identities if you're really NIS agents?"
 
I give Dongwoo a sign to lower his gun, answering Doojoon calmly, "Because Seven Archangels are the only bait to catch Seven Princes of Hell."
 
 
☩ Woohyun's POV ☩
 
As an agent of National Intelligence Service, I am very confident with my skills. Of course I don't let myself turn into an anti social just because I report directly to the President.
 
Whenever it's possible, I take my time at a nightclub or driving somewhere else just to feel the wind for nothing. Sunggyu calls it 'wasting time' but I call it 'enjoying life'.
 
Working in a team is a challenging opportunity but, when you're in a team of seven different brains who can't agree with one opinion, it's a crazy challenge.
 
Now that we possibly will work with other seven genius brains, I think the word 'crazy' doesn't suit the situation anymore.
 
Insane sounds a little bit better.
 
"Why don't all of us just take seats first?" I suggest, pulling one chair outward. I sit down and smile at Sara, the only girl in room. "This will take a while."
 
If it's possible, I think I will be burnt in fire with Yoseob's stare. I really have a hunch that he will probably kill me if it's not forbidden by law and morale.
 
Doojoon is the first to respond by taking his seat across from me. Followed by Junhyung and Sara, the other members of my team also sit down, making Yoseob as the only person who still stands on his feet with the cold glare.
 
"Please let us introduce ourselves first," I clasp my hands. "My name is Nam Woohyun, which I'm pretty sure all of you have known already. This one, our Raguel, is Jang Dongwoo. This, our tallest member, Lee Sungyeol and this one, our youngest member, Lee Sungjong."
 
I land my eyes on my team's leader, introducing him, "That is our grand-leader, Kim Sunggyu. We still have two other members but they're in their own rooms right now."
 
Silence fills the air. No one talks. No one moves.
 
"Just like seven of you, our team also consists of seven members. We have a perfect reason to fit in with Seven Archangels' identities," Sunggyu starts the explanation. "We're not your enemies so you can lower your guard on us, Michael."
 
Yoseob doesn't do what he asks. He doesn't move at all.
 
"You said we are the bait," Doojoon utters with serious look, "but it's not a good explanation for us. Do you think we're not capable for their case? Beside you have been interfering our cases even before Lucifer escaped."
 
Another voice answers his question. Our Sariel just enters the meeting room.
 
"Because it's interesting."
 
 
☩ Hoya's POV ☩
 
Two years ago, I joined the NIS as a special agent. Before that, I was just an ordinary student, living a good life with my family, looking for a job for my future plan.
 
My life took a turning point when I became a witness for a bank robbery.
 
That day I was going to save some money I earned from my part time job during the summer break. It's the last summer break I would have as a student, meaning I should have a proper job next summer.
 
Everything happened so fast. Gunshots echoed and everyone started to scream. Three persons with masks standing with guns in their hands, shouting loudly, demanding people to listen to them.
 
Even until today, I still could remember what I felt that day.
 
"Oi," the 21-years-old genius leans on my door, moving his head slightly to the direction of our meeting room. "Seven Archangels are here."
 
"I know," I reply, flipping another page of the book in my hand. "I have no intention of meeting them."
 
Myungsoo steps inside, tucking his hands inside of the pockets, "Me neither but..."
 
I look up from my book, raising my eyebrow, "But?"
 
"But I just don't understand why those fools are considered as a special team in KNPA," Myungsoo scoffs, expressing his inner feeling. "To think we need to squeeze with their identities... Tsk."
 
Closing the book, I stand up from my bed and walk to him, "We're not doing this for them, remember?"
 
I walk out from my room, muttering vividly, "I think I pay a quick visit for them. Are you with me?"
 
Still grumbling, Myungsoo follows me to the meeting room. Right when I just open the door slightly, I hear a voice blurts out a question, "Do you think we're not capable for their case? Beside you have been interfering our cases even before Lucifer escaped."
 
Without waiting for another second, I open the door and answer whoever who asked the question, "Because it's interesting."
 
Both Myungsoo and I step inside, gaining full attention of all people inside. Sunggyu rolls his eyes and I know it means 'and you said you wanted to skip this meeting' sign. Woohyun, with all his cheerfulness, introduce us as if we're in a variety show on television, "Ah, please welcome Lee Howon and Kim Myungsoo. I choose to refer them as Hoya and L though."
 
"Yoon Doojoon, Yong Junhyung, Yang Yoseob, Hae Sara," I mention the names one by one along with their codenames. "Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, Sariel. Four of Seven Archangels."
 
I know their faces easily since seven of us had been studying about them for two months. Their reports, their cases, their behaviors, their skills. Almost everything.
 
"I don't know what you think about us but we are assigned to solve the Seven Princes of Hell's case. You can help us or you can ruin our plan," I tell them. "We're friends of foes..."
 
"...it's up to your choice."
 
 
☩ Myungsoo's POV ☩
 
Sunggyu once said that I become irritated easily. By their actions, by their words, bby whatever others doing which don't please me.
 
I don't admit his opinion about me and I will never admit it. I'm not irritated. I just disagree with them for not agreeing with me.
 
Of course I know that sounds nonsense but why should I care about it?
 
"Up to our choice?" the member of Seven Archangels named Yoseob scoffs. "We don't need to choose. Why do you think we need your help?"
 
"To think that you said that after one of you let three criminals escaped...," I mock. "Don't you think you need to reflect first? Or do you need a mirror to show your capability?"
 
Both of us exchange deadly glares and Sunggyu decides to break the intense staring battle, snapping his fingers loudly, "Michael. Both of you. Stop trying to kill each other with your stare."
 
I look away, feeling that I'm just wasting my time here. I should have just stayed in my room instead of following Hoya here.
 
"I'll make it short to save our time since we have a fugitive to ask in the basement," Sunggyu handles the conversation. "We're a special team formed to handle this case by NIS. Seven of us for seven of you. We used your Seven Archangels' identities on purpose."
 
"Two months ago we were summoned by the President himself due to his concern about Hae Sahyun. After doing deeper research, we believe that Lucifer actually has a bigger picture in his mind," Sunggyu stands up from his seat. "We'll give you the document later but, for now, you need to believe us."
 
I roll my eyes, "Just hope they don't screw our plan."
 
"I heard that," Yoseob shoots back at me. "Why should we believe in people who look down at us? Do you think we're crazy?"
 
"I look down on people who are supposed to be looked down," I retort without mercy. "If you really can take care of those so-called-Princes from Hell, why didn't you do it from the start?"
 
"We will finish what we started," he gives me a deadly glare. "If you're bothered with this case, you should just drop it."
 
Both of us are going to open our mouths for more words but both of our leaders stop us in unison.
 
"Can you two stop bickering?!"
 
Sunggyu clears his throat, telling the others to follow them out from the room. Doojoon fakes a cough, discussing about something with Junhyung.
 
I walk pass Hoya, stepping out from the room to follow the others. I turn around to see Hoya locks his gaze with Hae Sara, the girl who formed Seven Archangels, the one who owns Sariel as her codename.
 
"Yah," I call for Hoya, making him to face me. "Are you going to stand there forever?"
 
As he leaves his stand, I look at Sara and, still with a smile, she looks back at me.
 
"Stop staring like that," Yoseob scolds her. "You can become dumber because of what you're looking at."
 
Hoya pulls my arm just right at the moment I'm going to fire back at Yoseob. He whispers calmly, "Save your energy for Leviathan."
 
That Yang Yoseob... He's such a nuisance.
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
Last updated 28 April 2013 and it's 2 August now.
I know. I'm so sorry for a very, very rare update for this story but I'll definitely try to update with my best!
 
What do you have in mind up until this chapter?
 
Feel free to drop any comment below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
 
Thank you for reading. :)