2

The Future of You and Me

Baekyeol

Lamp posts illuminated the dark streets; people go back to their respective home, with a longing face as they imagine their bed greeting them for sleep. While there are two married couple walking their way in front of Jiangxi Hotel?

Yes. There are two young men walking inside the hotel in the late night of 12 o’clock am. Chanyeol walked with his wife, Byun Baekhyun with laced hands together to the front desk or better known as the information desk.

After 3 years of his proposal, they finally got married after a month of Chanyeol’s proposal. The wedding was very beautiful throughout the whole day. No fights, no protests. Nothing at all. It was a peaceful wedding with no one destroying or ing it.

The honeymoon went great and eventually Baekhyun wasn’t able to walk properly for 2 to 3 weeks because of their sleepless honeymoon. With that being said, Baekhyun avoided his husband for 2 to 3 weeks and Chanyeol felt guilty every day.

They always bicker at the same thing and problem. Wondering what it is?

They arrived at the information desk and Baekhyun asks the young lady with a tagged name: Xiao Min Lei

“Ah, excuse Miss Min.” Baekhyun initiated the talk. Miss Min looks at them with a blink before smiling brightly at them.

“Ah, Annyeong haseyo, what could I do for you young men?” A sweet tone lingers on her voice. Chanyeol smiled in response and Baekhyun responded back with a small nod.

“Ah...we’re here because someone invited us.”

“Invited? May I know what your names, please? And who is the one invited both of you?”Miss Min asks as she types on her keyboard trying to check the category invited. Baekhyun was about to response when Chanyeol beat him to it.

“Mr. Park Chanyeol and Mrs. Park-Byun Baekhyun, -“ Chanyeol was cut off when a loud shriek echoed in his ears and in Miss Min’s ear causing Miss Min to look up from her computer screen.

Chanyeol and Miss Min looked at the owner of the loud shriek.

It was none other than Mrs. Park-Byun Baekhyun.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he knew the little-stupid war is going to start again and it has to be in a freakin’ hotel to happen. Baekhyun glared angrily at the man beside him.

He was annoyed and angry by the fact that Chanyeol couldn’t let go off that stupid surnames! And he wasn’t angry at all with that; he was annoyed and angry by the fact that Chanyeol kept insisting that he’s the girl in the relationship!

And he’s always pissed off when his surname is always getting on the last and his husband’s surname has to top it all. Like his at the bottom and Chanyeol topping. Yeah, right. Baekhyun’s left eye twitched as he thought.

"I...what?! Who told you I'm the wife in this relationship?! Yah! Park Chanyeol will you listen to me?!" Baekhyun let out once again a loud shriek making Chanyeol dug his finger deeper on his ear in attempt to block out what he’s wife to say to him.

He is getting frustrated day by day as they argue in such nonsense thing. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and pretend to be deaf ears for how many times.

“YAH! PARK CHANYEOL!” Baekhyun screamed earning him some looks from the people inside the hotel. He looks at them with a glare as he heard gossips. He wasn’t deaf not hearing those stupid gossips.

He gave a death glare to every single person who gossips about them. He doesn’t give a to what they are saying and all and he just wanted them to shut up. Chanyeol sighed as his rope of patience snapped.

"Argh! Will you shut up for a moment?! And in’ Yes! You're the wife in this relationship! Don’t you in’ remember the freakin’ wedding gown you wore when we got married last 3 years ago? So there, you freakin’ have it! You're the wife of this in’ relationship and I'm the husband. Satisfied?" Chanyeol snapped harshly. His rope of patience has no signs of returning back to him.

He was frustrated, angry and annoyed by the fact that Baekhyun kept on annoying him about him being the wife and that he doesn’t like it?! What the hell? Chanyeol thought to himself. A red vein is clearly visible at his neck and forehead as he looks down at his wife who has a shock and jaw-dropped situation.

He was about to snap again on his wife when he suddenly remember about Miss Min.

"Ah..Sorry, about that miss.” Chanyeol awkwardly scratches his nape and continued. “We’re here looking for Mr. and Mrs. Kim?"

Miss Min raised an eyebrow as she looked at them with confusion before nodding her head a little and looks at her computer screen and began typing the names. "Pardon? There is a lot Mr. and Mrs. Kim here in this hotel...please be more specific."

"Erm....The husband's name is Kim Joonmyeon and his wife is Kim-Zhang Yixing." Chanyeol breathes out as he patiently waits for the result.

"Oh...please do wait for a moment.” Miss Min uttered as she types the name and looks for the invitation for Park Chanyeol and his wife.

As Chanyeol was patiently waiting for the answer, Baekhyun was dumbfounded and shocked.  He never experienced a mad Chanyeol unless something is serious and someone has to make it worse. He flinched at the voice of his husband when he snapped.

He rarely sees him angry because their argument never lasts anyways but this argument was very long and annoying. He always asks Chanyeol why he was the girl of the relationship even though he already knows it, he still want to hear it from his husband’s mouth saying those.

And now he heard one of the answers he was waiting for and he was now finally satisfied by his answer and is dumbfounded at the current situation. After a few seconds, he hung his head low and let out a sigh.

Chanyeol, who was busy waiting for the result, finally realize what he had done to his wife. Guilt struck him so hard that he began to panic and beads of sweat started to form. He glances at Baekhyun who was looking at the floor.

He turned to Baekhyun and stammered, trying to find the correct words to say his sentence.

“Umm...Baek honey? A-are you o-okay?” Chanyeol asks with concern and panic in his voice. Baekhyun still looked down at the floor without bothering to answer his husband’s question.

Chanyeol glanced at the lady on the desk and she’s still busy looking for the names. Chanyeol’s eyes diverted to his wife and once again ask.

“Umm...honey? Are you mad?”

No response.

“Honey?”

Still no response.

Chanyeol sighed and mentally scolded himself.

Kneel down and ask forgiveness. Swallow your pride and kneel down Park Chanyeol. This is your fault why, your precious wife is angry and mad at you. You know you can’t live without him talking to you or speaking to you. Now. Kneel down, swallow your pride as a man and ask for your selfish acts.

After scolding himself mentally, he went in front of Baekhyun and kneeled down in front of him.

Baekhyun continued to stare at the floor thinking of his stupidity. He was ashamed of being a diva and annoying and pessimistic wife to his precious husband. He sighed once more in guilt. His mind was occupied that he wasn’t able to hear Chanyeol speaking to him.

Just then, he saw a shadow in front of him. He felt curious and looked up a little and was shocked, seeing Chanyeol kneeling down.

His eyes widen in surprise and he stuttered.

“Ch-Chanyeol! Wh-what are you doing?” He asks. Chanyeol looked at him with apologetic eyes. He doesn’t care if there are lot of people seeing this. He just doesn’t want his wife to be angry with him.

He bowed and uttered with sincerity in his tone. “Byun Baekhyun, the love of my life, I’m sorry for hurting you and your feelings. I do not mean to snap at you awhile ago. I’m sorry for being a jerk, annoying, stubborn brat yet husband of yours. Please forgive me. I’m so sorry.”

Chanyeol sincerely uttered with his body bend in forgiveness. Baekhyun processed what Chanyeol has said to him and guilt started to build up to him more. He wasn’t expecting a sorry from Chanyeol.

Not at all.

A sad smile crept on his face and he patted Chanyeol’s shoulder indicating the younger to stop. Chanyeol looked up and stopped what he was initially doing. He looked at Baekhyun with ‘sorry’ eyes.

Baekhyun’s hand went up to caress Chanyeol’s cheek.

“Chan...you don’t have to do that...You don’t need to say sorry. I should be the who have to say sorry. I was the one who kept pestering you about the stupid surnames of mine.  I’m the older one and I should know that these little things are nothing but a waste of time. Channie...I’m sorry for being childish, please forgive me.” Baekhyun uttered barely a whisper. An apologetic smile crept on his face.

Chanyeol held the long, slender, milky hand on his cheek and a smile crept on his face.

“You know, you don’t ha-“ He was cut off with a ‘shh’

“I don’t want that answer, Chan. I want to hear from you that you forgive me.” Baekhyun replied with a glint of shine in his eyes as he stared at Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol stared at his beloved’s face before sighing and nodding his head.

“As you wish, my darling. I forgive you.” A genuine smile crept on Chanyeol’s face as Baekhyun leaned his face, tiptoed, and latch his lips with his husband’s pinkish lips. His arms wrapped the younger’s neck and the younger held the older’s waist for support.

They didn’t care if they are kissing in the hotel or what. They just wanted to reconcile and let themselves feel each other’s love. The love that kept them together up until now. Their love that never cease and the love that was hidden among others but will soon be revealed for love is always out.

People stops by and watches them with smiles on their faces. The ones who gossips about them started to clap their hands and cheered and the others followed.

Miss Min watches the married couple with a smile on her face. Her computer screen showing the result of Mr. Kim Joonmyeon and Mrs. Kim-Zhang Yixing inviting Mr. Park Chanyeol and Mrs. Park-Byun Baekhyun at the time 20 minutes ago before Chanyeol could even realize what he did.

END.