- Chapter 4 -

Unanswered Questions

 

- Recap: JongHyun finally confronted MinHo about his true feelings about Krystal. MinHo was about to tell him that he would back off, but JongHyun wanted a true battle for someone he loved. He believed that Krystal was someone that you couldn't just toss back and forth. Amber finally got Krystal to admit who she really liked. And she said JongHyun. Although it was impossible not to be attracted to MinHo, JongHyun was the guy she'll always have in the back of her mind; no matter how many guys she would end up falling for. The next day, JongHyun finally found the urge to start talking to Krystal again; as if no awkwardness ever happened between them. -
 
- meanwhile
 
Amber patted Krystal's shoulders, "Just be happy, okay?"
Krystal nodded her head, forcing a smile; she glanced over at JongHyun to her right, and looked around for MinHo who was over by the stage; "But how can I be happy when I know I'm the reason for two brothers to fight?"
"It's not your fault Krystal. Just listen to your heart, and you'll find out that everything makes sense in the end." Amber advised her, afterwards; she left her alone again.
JongHyun smiled at her, his adorable little smile, "We've got a lot of catching up to do."
Krystal looked at him, nodding her head; "Yes, yes we do." she laughed.
 
Amber watched them from afar, fangirling as if it was a drama as she saw them interact.
"Yah Amber, you look like a fool." Victoria said, making her way towards her after checking in.
Amber pointed at JongStal, "Just look at them, it's 6th grade days all over again." she sighed.
Victoria pouted her lips, "Is it bad that I feel bad for MinHo though?"
"I do too." Luna chimed in.
Amber shrugged her shoulders, "MinHo's a cool guy, funny. But, does anyone even know when he's being serious?"
They all looked at each other, Amber had a good point. The one problem with MinHo, was the fact that no one knew if he was ever serious or not.
"But just look at him steal glances at the two." Victoria pointed with her lips, MinHo was talking to Key; but it was obvious his focus was on Krystal and JongHyun.
Amber pursed her lips, "There's only one way to find out."
"What are you-"
Before Luna could finish her sentence, Amber began walking over to MinHo and Key.
MinHo looked at Amber, just staring at her. They didn't talk too much, so there was always some weird feeling between them.
"Hi guys!" she let out.
"Uh, hi." MinHo quietly said back.
"Hey Amber." Key smiled, waving.
Amber looked at MinHo, "Do you like Krystal?"
"Bwoh?" Whenever MinHo got nervous, he ended up speaking his foreign tongue; "I mean, what?"
She rolled her eyes, "Korean or not, I can understand you." Amber turned around, pointing at Krystal on the other side of the gym, "Do you like Krystal, or not?"
Key smirked, just watching; he loved how Amber was so straight forward. As boyish as she was, it was kind of a turn on to him.
"I don't see why that matters." After that being said, he walked away.
 
"He's a jerk!" Amber let out.
Key rolled his eyes, putting his arm around her shoulder; "He's not a jerk, he's just complicating."
Amber pursed her lips, "One simple question that just needed a simple answer." she mumbled under her breath.
Key narrowed his eyes at her, "Why does it matter though?"
Amber's eyes widened, "Uh, it's nothing." she started to walk off, but Key grabbed her arm and pulled her back.
"One simple question that just needed a simple answer." he mocked.
Amber sighed, he would eventually find out sooner or later; "Krystal is attracted to MinHo but-"
"But, but what?" Key asked.
She pointed at JongHyun, "Her feelings for JongHyun still out do all of that."
His eyes widened, "Battle of the brothers man."
"Tell me about it." Amber scratched her head, "Life is too complicating."
Key bit his bottom lip, looking at JongHyun and Krystal from afar; "They do make a really good pair though."
Amber nodded her head, "Krystal looks happier than she's ever been."
After hearing that, Key knew exactly what to do.
 
- later on
 
"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom." Krystal left the volleyball court, walking out of the gym.
MinHo noticed, so he told his team he had to go to the bathroom too; leaving the court and following her out.
JongHyun watched as MinHo made that slick move, he wasn't gonna even bother at that time.
Krystal was steps away from the restroom, but a hand grabbed hers from behind. She quickly turned around, and pulled away when she saw it was MinHo.
"Sorry to startle you.." MinHo looked down, running his hands through his hair; "I just, I just wanted to talk to you."
Krystal laughed, "Out of all the times you could talk to me, it's the time I need to go to the bathroom?" she joked.
MinHo shrugged his shoulders, "Sorry." he said cutely.
She laughed once more, "Come on." she gestured towards the front door, "I need some air."
He followed, loving the fact that she wasn't pushing him away; but actually, only pulling him closer.
"You know MinHo, I always wondered why you and I never really got along." Krystal thought for a bit, they met three years ago; and they still fought like cat and dog.
MinHo shrugged his shoulders again, "I guess you're just easy to mess with." he patted her head, treating her like a little kid.
"Yah, stop." Krystal laughed a bit, but her face turned serious when she looked up at MinHo; "What's wrong?"
MinHo looked down at her, I can't believe I'm doing this.. "JongHyun still has feelings for you, if not more than before."
Krystal's eyes widened, even though they were brothers; MinHo was the last person she expected to say something like that, "Wh-what?"
MinHo smiled, "I know you heard me. And I think it's time for me to get back to class." he smiled again, walking back into the gym slowly.
 
- the next day -
 
Krystal walked into the gym, feeling numb. What MinHo said the day before was still lingering around her, and it just wasn't sinking in. Can this even be true?
Key noticed Krystal sitting by herself, he got there on his own too; so he chose to sit next to her, "And yet I still try to convince everyone that MinHo isn't that bad of a person."
She was startled a bit, but just looked at Key sitting next to her; "Was he serious?"
"If there's anything about MinHo, he doesn't lie. He may be annoying and stuff, but lying is no where in his blood." Key assured her, "And now it's your turn to 'fess up."
Krystal narrowed her eyes, "What do you mean?"
Key pursed his lips, "I might've said a few words to JongHyun."
"What?!" Krystal let out, "You told him?!"
He shook his head, "I did not tell him.. I just confirmed it to him."
"Oh my freaking gosh." Krystal ran her hands through her hair, "I can't do this Key."
Key looked at his phone, "They're already in the building. Come on Krystal. I know you can do it. You and JongHyun may be awkward, but if it's meant to be; it'll all work out." he gave her a positive smile and left her.
 
- later on -
 
"I think I'm gonna do it." Krystal strongly said, smiling afterwards; a real, true smile.
Victoria's eyes widened, "But Krystal, you're so young!"
They all looked at Victoria, and bursted into laughter.
"Victoria, she's just going to confess to JongHyun; not have . Calm down. The girl hasn't even had a first kiss yet." Luna reminded her.
Victoria scratched her head from embarrassment, "Omo, that's embarrassing."
"How do you think I feel now? Thanks Luna." She stuck her tongue out, rolling her eyes.
"There we go, do it now!" she pointed at JongHyun at the end of the soccer field, cleaning up things by himself.
Krystal nodded her head, making her way towards him; "Hey JongHyun."
JongHyun looked up at her, smiling; "H-hey." he stuttered.
Whenever Krystal needed to say something, she did it automatically; no sugar coating at all. "I know what Key told you yesterday."
JongHyun stopped picking up stuff, giving her all his attention; "And?"
And? That really wasn't a response I wanted.. "And I just wanted to confirm that I really, really do like you still." she quietly said afterwards.
 
- Sorry for not updating in so long! But I also have another thing to apologize for. I'm going to be ending this fic soon. Not because I ran out of ideas, but because since this was based half on my life; I really just didn't know how to make this legit anymore. But to make up for it, I will be starting a new fic in the Summer; and I hope you all look out for that one! I'm not saying this only has one chapter left, it will just be ending soon though. Forgive me! I LOVE YOU ALL!