- Chapter 1 -

Unanswered Questions

- the first day of Summer gym class -

 
Krystal pushed Amber through the front door, "It's 7:15 already, wake up."
"Why, am, I, awake, on, a, Summer, morning?" Amber's eyes began closing, she was insanely tired.
Krystal rolled her eyes, pushing her lightly; "This was your idea!"
Amber looked at her with tired eyes, "I just wanted a credit okay."
"I know, which is why I'm here to keep you awake!" Krystal smiled wide, massaging her shoulders; "Now wake up, 'cause I see your best friend."
Amber narrowed her eyes, "The fck you talking about? You're my best friend?"
Krystal pointed over with her lips, "This one's a cutie."
Amber looked up, her fists automatically clenched when she saw Sulli; "Best friend my ."
Krystal laughed, "She looks pretty today though."
"Bleeeeeeeeeeeh." Amber stuck her finger down , "You don't need to lie."
Krystal rolled her eyes, tugging at her arm; "She's walking towards us."
Sulli waved, showing off her eye smile; "Hi guys!"
"Hi Sulli." Krystal faked a smile. She couldn't lie, she wasn't that fond of Sulli; but she hated drama, and would do anything to stay out of it.
Amber crossed her arms, looking up at her; "Why are you here? Sports really aren't.. your thing."
Sulli smiled again, "Well actually-"
"You failed freshman gym didn't you? Oh yeah, you did. 'Cause you never showed up." Amber smirked, shaking her head.
Sulli glared down at her, crossing her arms; "'Cause gym makes you sweaty, and sweating is gross. Duh."
"I'm gonna shove that duh straight up that face of yours." Amber muttered through her teeth, quiet enough for Sulli not to hear; but not Krystal.
Krystal nudged her elbows into her arm, "But it's Summer now. So you'll be sweatier than if you were in regular gym."
Sulli shrugged her shoulders, "It's not like anyone to impress actually takes a dumb class like this."
Amber smirked, looking past Sulli; "Turn around and see for yourself."
"What are you-" As Sulli turned around, dropped; and her heart began to race.
MinHo was walking through the gym doors; with JongHyun next to him, Key, TaeMin, and Onew following closely behind as if they were some special group or something.
Krystal stared, not knowing what to do when she saw JongHyun walk right past her.
Amber looked at Krystal, her eyes never left JongHyun's; even when he was already out of sight. She poked her arm, leaning into her ear; "You're becoming extremeley obvious."
Sulli looked down at her, "Keep your eyes off MinHo."
"MinHo?" Both Amber and Krystal responded in unison.
Sulli rolled her eyes, "Whatever, he wouldn't like you anyways."
"I beg to differ. Those 2 almost dated last yea-" Krystal covered Amber's mouth from behind, her eyes widened; "Shut up Amber!"
"MinHo? Date Krystal? HAH. That's the best joke I've heard all year." Sulli rolled her eyes again, walking away; "Bye."
Amber pushed Krystal off, "Why didn't you let me finish my sentence?!"
Krystal held onto her shoulders, "No one, is supposed to know about that."
 
- during class time
 
Krystal and Amber kicked the soccer ball back and forth, waiting for instructions from their gym teacher; who literally was doing nothing. Not that they were complaining.
"You know, I don't get you at times." Amber said, attempting to juggle the ball; but failed, and kicked it back to Krystal.
Krystal narrowed her eyes, trying to block out the sun with her hands; "What are you talking about? You know me more than I know myself."
Amber nodded her head, "That is true. But when it comes to you and JongHyun, and you and MinHo; I just don't get it."
"What do you mean?" Krystal asked, trying to understand.
Amber sighed, "They're both 2, TWO amazing guys. Yet, you let them both go right past you."
Krystal rolled her eyes, "Neither of them like me?"
"Neither of them like you 'cause they're both in love with you." Amber smirked.
"No. We're all strictly friends. Well, used to be.." Krystal looked down, all her memories with JongHyun just kept flooding her memory.
Amber gave her a sincere smile, "The way JongHyun looks at you is different Krystal. It always has been."
Krystal shook her head, "Then what does MinHo have to do with anything here?"
"Oh my gosh Krystal." Amber faced palmed herself, "We all know MinHo's a huge flirt. And you already know how adorable I think you and JongHyun are. But when MinHo's around, I become a hard core MinStal shipper. You know what they say, when a guy teases you; he's interested."
"Well, I'm not." Krystal firmly responded.
Amber smirked, "You say that now. But when one of them asks you to Homecoming, I get to gloat in your face."
Krystal rolled her eyes, "Yeah, 'cause that's totally gonna happen."
Amber raised her eyebrows, "Turn around and you tell me."
"What?" Before Krystal could even fully turn around, someone covered her eyes with their hands; "Who is this?"
MinHo leaned in towards her ear, "Just about the most attractive guy ever to walk on the face of the Earth."
Right then and there, Krystal knew who it was; she elbowed him straight in the stomache, turning around. She got on her tippy toes, looking past his shoulders; "Where's the attractive guy?" she messed.
Everyone around them began laughing, Krystal always had the best remarks against MinHo.
MinHo crossed his arms, "Whatever."
Krystal smiled, "You know I wuv you."
JongHyun watched the 2 interact from behind MinHo, How did I let her walk right pass me?
"I know you love me, everyone fckn' loves me." MinHo said.
"Now let's not get too cocky here." Krystal smirked. 
Both of them laughed, but it stopped after she saw someone walking away; "JongHyun?"
JongHyun stopped, slowly turning around; and smiled, "Hi Stal."
Everyone watched the 2, it's been awhile since they even said "hi" to each other.
Key lightly pushed JongHyun towards Krystal, but he ended up bumping straight into her; grabbing onto her shoulders.
 
JongHyun looked at her, it's been forever since he got to properly look into those eyes of hers.
Krystal looked up at him, smiling; "Your confused puppy dog looks just never disappear."
Too much cheesiness. MinHo coughed, pulling JongHyun off of her; "You guys haven't talked in forever. How about a proper 'Hi, how are you?' to start things off instead?" 
TaeMin smirked, This kid. Gets jealous over things that aren't even his.
JongHyun just bowed, "Well, how are you?"
Krystal smiled, He's actually talking now. "I've been great actually. How about you?"
"Same same. Nothing special." He flatly responded.
And this is exactly why we stopped talking. He never kept a conversation going. "Well, that's good to hear."
Key noticed the awkward pause, so he decided to break it; "I don't think I've ever met you before?" 
Krystal looked at Key, shaking her head; "I believe not. I assume you're in MinHo's grade? I'm Krystal." She smiled, waving.
"Kim KiBum, but just call me Key; and yes, I'm in MinHo's grade. Along with this fool." Key pulled TaeMin's arm, "TaeMin."
Amber and Krystal both pointed at TaeMin, "You three did the Diversity performance during Diversity Day didn't you?"
TaeMin smiled, "I'm surprised you even remembered that."
"How could we forget?" Amber said, "The whole Dragon and Buddha idea was too cool." She paused, "Oh, and I'm Amber."
MinHo smirked in satisfaction, "We were pretty good weren't we?"
"MinHo, shut up." Everyone around them said, laughing afterwards.
"Yah, I do have feelings you know." MinHo pouted, then he pointed to Onew in the back; "I'm pretty sure you guys know him."
Onew waved, "Now you guys have met my younger brother."
Krystal pointed at TaeMin, "He's your brother?"
TaeMin nodded his head, "Sadly."
Amber laughed, "I like you kid."
"Kid?" Onew asked, "He's older than you." 
Amber nodded her head, "I know, but I call everyone kid; habit of Krystal that rubbed off on me."
"Krystal's effing attitude rubs off on everyone." MinHo added.
Krystal smacked his arm, "YAH! You're the one with the attitude here."
MinHo smirked, leaning down so his face face was only a couple inches away from hers; "You're my female counterpart. So don't go trying to insult me, 'cause you're pretty much insulting yourself at the same time."
JongHyun looked at the 2, Why am I getting this jealous feeling inside?
"Btch alert." Amber warned, watching Sulli as she skipped her way over to their group.
After hearing Sulli, MinHo grabbed onto Krystal's wrist; pulling her closer.
"Hi guys!" Sulli exclaimed, she pretended to act all innocent when MinHo was around; thinking it would get him to like her. But then she saw his grip on Krystal's arm, and she was ready to rage; "Looks like we got our gang back together huh?" she said, her eyes still on MinHo's hand.
"What gang were you a part of? No one wants an effing 2 face here." Amber glared at her, she had enough of her annoying and clingy ways.
Sulli wanted to say something back, but she stopped herself; smiling, "I was hoping we could become real friends this time around."
"HAH!" Amber said, "Don't try and be funny anymore."
"Amber, seriously; I-"
Right as she was going to finish her sentence, their teacher walked over; counting them off; "8 people? Perfect. You guys are one team for soccer." and afterwards, he left to create the other groups.
 
- during the soccer game
 
"Krystal, step on it!" MinHo screamed, running down the field for the soccer ball.
Krystal flailed her arms, looking at JongHyun; "What does 'step on it' even mean?!"
JongHyun laughed, Krystal was always confused when it came to soccer terms; that's something he could never forget, "It means to chase after the ball."
"Screw that. I'm just gonna stand here." Krystal pouted her lips, crossing her arms.
JongHyun, this is your chance to actually get her attention. JongHyun began walking towards her, but stopped; because of course, someone beats him to it.
"Krystal, I know basketball is your sport and everything; but could you at least try to play?" MinHo put his hands in a prayer stance, pouting his lips.
Krystal smiled, "Awuh, when you put it like that.. NO."
MinHo snarled, "Why can't we just get along properly?"
"Well maybe if you started treating me like a regular girl, I'd actually-"
"Whoa, wait; you're a girl?" MinHo laughed at his own joke.
Krystal smacked his arm, chasing him around the field; "You stupid jerk!"
Key was gonna continue on actually playing, but he noticed JongHyun standing by the goal himself; in deep thought.
"So Krystal was the girl that got away?" Key asked.
JongHyun looked at Key, "How'd you know?"
Key gave him a sincere smile, "I know when someone likes someone. And you've gone past it already."
"It's not like I can do anything about how I feel anyways." JongHyun jumped in front of Key, blocking a ball going into the goal; then kicked it to the other side of the field.
Key looked at him, hands at his hips; "That's 'cause you're not doing anything about it. You're always like this when it comes to girls."
JongHyun narrowed his eyes, "It's 'cause I can't. How the heck can I do anything whenever MinHo is around huh? He grabs all her attention just by smiling. Like, what the hell is that?"
"Hold on, does MinHo like Krystal?" Key asked.
JongHyun shrugged his shoulders, "Never asked him."
Key pushed JongHyun's arm, "Man up will you then!"
"What did I do wrong in this situation?" JongHyun pleaded.
Key rolled his eyes, sighing heavily; "You're always like this Jong. Especially when it comes to a girl you like. You get mad when other guys try flirting, and you yourself isn't. If you like her, tell her. If you're unsure about how MinHo feels, ask him. The only way you can fix your problems, is by talking it out with the people you have problems with."
JongHyun looked at Key, "Thing is, MinHo would like Krystal; actually, he'd like any pretty girl he sees. Which is why if I asked him, he wouldn't give 2 fcks if I confessed how I actually felt."
"You 2 are brothers, at least be open with each other." Key's hair blew all over his face because of the wind.
JongHyun nodded his head, looking at MinHo and Krystal talking on the other side of the field; "If only it was that easy."
 
- later on
 
Sulli walked through the halls, trying to figure out where MinHo and all his friends went; 'til someone stopped her in her tracks.
"Omo, Luna; you scared the crap out of me." Sulli touched her heart, it felt like it was about to beat out of her chest.
Luna just looked up at her, "Why do you always have to mess with people who are happy?"
Sulli raised her eyebrows, trying to act confused; "What are you talking about?"
"Victoria saw you looking through Krystal's bag while she was in the bathroom." Luna said.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Sulli began to walk the other direction, but Luna grabbed her wrist.
Luna looked at her, "You don't need to look at me, but just listen. Krystal has a lot of friends, who will do anything to keep her away from btches like you. Keep that in mind." After that, she let go; leaving Sulli all alone.
Sulli watched as Luna walked off her own direction, "Krystal Jung, all you've done is ruin my life and get in my way. And this year, I'm not letting you win."
 
Mr. Park looked at all the students he had, "So for this extra time, we set up the volleyball net; and the hoops are down on this side. There's also frisbees in the cart if you want to go do something else."
Krystal and Amber sat there, "Get me a basketball." Krystal said.
"Ugh, fine." Amber got up, walking over to the cart.
Key noticed that Krystal was finally sitting alone, so he took it as JongHyun's oppurtunity; "Now go." Before JongHyun could even say anything, Key pushed him over; having him sit next to Krystal.
"Omo." Krystal turned her head, smiling when she saw him; "Hey."
"Hey." JongHyun responded, smiling back.
Krystal breathed, his scent was still the same as well; "I feel like it's been forever."
JongHyun nodded, "That's 'cause it really has been forever."
After a couple seconds of silence, they broke it; at the same time.
"I miss you." 
"What?" They both said again together.
And in one long time, they laughed together.
Krystal looked up at him, "You have not changed one bit Kim JongHyun."
"I can say the exact same for you Krystal Jung." He smiled, "Play volleyball with us?"
Krystal looked to her right, Amber was already standing right next to her; her eye brows jumping suspiciously. She looked around, then saw Key; "Key and I will just play a pick up game by ourselves." 
"I can't play basketball to save my-"
Before Key could finish, Amber grabbed his arm; "Just go with the flow." she told him, then walked off onto the other side of the gym.
Krystal pouted, looking at them; then turned back to JongHyun, "I guess I'll play volleyball with you guys." she stood up, smiling.
JongHyun pointed over to the net, "I think MinHo's choosing teams."
"Of course." Krystal rolled her eyes, everything for MinHo always had to be perfect; they always had to win.
MinHo looked at JongHyun and Krystal, smirking; "Krystal, my team; JongHyun, you're team captain for the other team. Choose a girl."
JongHyun looked around, Of course he takes Krystal away, always does. "Victoria." he flatly said. Once again, his eyes never let MinHo and Krystal; who just always seemed to get along better than him and her.
 
 
- Comment Replies:
 
 
key2myheartkat; Hehe, thank yoou.
 
 
Nikayah; I love MinStal and JongStal so much. And like I said, be in for some surprises. ;D
 
 
 
 
 
- Will JongHyun ever man up and confess to Krystal?
Or will MinHo beat him to it?
Is this the beginning of KeyBer?
How is Sulli gonna react to all this?
Find out in the upcoming chapters!
Thanks for reading!
Please comment and subscribe. [:
I LOVE YOU ALL.
 
 
*Author's note; I know this pilot chapter is pretty weak, but I rushed it as well. So please, bare with me; 'cause I know it'll get better through time. Also, like I said in the forward; this is based on my life. Krystal is playing me, and JongHyun is playing my crush. But, I'm changing a couple things; so it wouldn't be 100% what's really happening. Soo, be in for some surprises; and I hope you recommend this and all my other fics to other people! That'll mean so much to me. [: