Ch.01

You Are My Princess [Discontinued]

 

Mi Yung stared at the ceiling of her apartment. It was a Saturday which meant no school, but that didn’t mean she didn’t have work. No, her shift started at two but it was only nine in the morning at the moment. She pouted at the ceiling before finally pushing herself up and getting off the bed.

“Ahh, another day of work…” she mumbled to herself before heading to the bathroom to clean herself up.

When she finished, she headed over to the kitchen to fix herself some breakfast while turning on the television.

“…we’ve recently received some reports saying that the Exo Islands, Exo-K and Exo-M, are still in dispute with one another. The ongoing rivalry between the two nations seemed to have increased slightly due to the wavering border of each nation’s territorial grounds.”

Mi Yung glanced at the tv just in time to see pictures of the royal Exo families. Each of the families of Exo-K and Exo-M had six gorgeous looking sons also known as the Princes of each of the Exo islands. The two islands had a long history of being harmonious in their past but due to some disputes between two past Kings a few generations back, a rivalry developed. The islands weren’t two separate islands to be exact, they were actually one large island off the coast of Asia that was split with a border in the middle. It was strange but then again Mi Yung didn’t know much about the history nor did she really care.

It was then that the photos switched from the Exo-M family to the Exo-K family. What caught her attention was one of the princes who stood at the very edge of the family photo with a blank expression that almost made him seem like he was bored. This had been the second time Mi Yung’s seen a photo of the Exo princes (mostly because she didn’t pay attention to much news) but for some odd reason she felt like she’s seen him somewhere before. Like there was something familiar about him.

All of a sudden Mi Yung’s phone went off and she quickly checked it. She had a received a text from her manager asking if she could come in early because they ran out of ingredients and they needed someone to pick it up from the store. She quickly texted back saying she could and put her dishes in the sink. Running to get her bag, she headed out the door and rushed to go get the ingredients for the store.



 

Once she got to the store, she entered and looked around a bit confused. Her manager had said that it was busy but it didn’t look like it at all. They only had a few customers which was not what she was expecting. Placing the eggs and bread on the counter, she looked around to find her manager. Before she could enter the kitchen, her manager as well as a few employees walked out with a lit cake in their hands.

“Happy Birthday Mi Yung!” they chorused at once when she saw them.

Mi Yung’s eyes widened but quickly broke out into a smile.

“Blow out the candles and make a wish quickly before I do it for you,” one of her co-workers Daehyun said teasingly.

“Yah!” another co-worker, So Ra yelled at Daehyun in Mi Yung’s defense.

Mi Yung simply laughed and blew out the candles while making a wish.

I wish… for once in my life, something exciting and special happened.

Opening her eyes, she smiled at her manager and co-workers as her manager placed the cake on a table.

“You’re finally 18!” her manager gave her a big hug and she hugged her manager back.

“Ah, I know Mrs. Kim! It’s weird, I’m finally an adult although I don’t feel like it,” she told her manager.

“Let’s cut the cake, it’s the yummy fruit cake I make on special occasions that you like so much!” Mrs. Kim told her before quickly slicing the cake up enough for all of them.

“So… What’d you wish for?” Daehyun slung an arm around Mi Yung.

“I can’t tell you!” she told him while nudging his side.

“Oh come on~” he whined but before he could nag anymore, So Ra pulled him off of Mi Yung and quickly hugged the girl herself.

“My baby Mi Yung is growing up, I can’t believe this! That means I’m getting older too. Nooo~” So Ra fake cried dramatically while squeezing Mi Yung.

Mi yung couldn’t help but laugh at her friend’s reaction. “You aren’t that old! You’re only two years older than my So Ra unnie!”

“Okay you guys, hurry and eat some cake!” Mrs. Kim told them and the three quickly did so.