Chapter 3

Babysitter Naekkoya!

 

(Zelo)

I decided to take advantage of being on my own and invited my best friend YongGuk over. He was a lot older than me but our friendship worked really well. He’s like the older brother I actually like. I can tell him everything and anything and he does the same. According to him I’m still ‘pure of heart’ and won’t judge for anything he tells me…riiiiight. We were blasting hip-hop music and playing video games when I saw my phone light up.

“Yo! Pause the game!” I shouted to my hyung.

I went to my phone. The babysitter was calling. He or she was probably waiting outside for someone to answer the door. Dad had trust issues so we had very little staff, which means no one to answer the door but me. Fat chance for the sitter, I wasn’t letting him or her in. I ignored the phone and went back to the game.

“Who was it?” YongGuk asked.

“No one important,” I mumbled.

“Liar!” YongGuk shouted. He rushed to my phone and picked it up. “It’s your babysitter!”

My face turned red. “I don’t need a sitter! Don’t you even think about letting it in!”

“It?”

“Babysitters are its. Disgusting its,” I said childishly.

YongGuk rolled his eyes and headed for the door. I lunged at him and caught him around his knees.

“What the hell? Let me go! It’s just a babysitter! Quit acting like a kid!”

He knew that would get me. I let him go.

“Fine! Let’s meet it.”

 

(HyunA)

I was about to call Mr. Choi to see if he had given me the wrong time and date when the door swung open. There stood two guys. One looked a bit older than me and had purple hair with black bangs, the other was absolutely adorable with his curly blonde hair. He was maybe 16 or just turned 17. The older one was pretty imposing with his tough guy appearance and, awkwardly enough, the cute one was a bit taller than him. The kid had to be 6 feet tall. They were both staring at me with wide eyes and open mouths. I cleared my throat.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim HyunA, the babysitter.” I said, bowing. They looked at each other then back at me and quickly followed suit.

The older one was YongGuk and the cute one was Zelo. Weird name, I thought.

Zelo turned to YongGuk. “You were just leaving right, hyung?”

“Wha –”

“Dad didn’t say I could have anyone over. You should leave.” Zelo said, smiling for some reason.

YongGuk narrowed his eyes. “Fine. Catch you later.” Whoa, his voice was deep. Very attractive. He looked at me one more time and left.

“Please, come in.” Zelo said, smiling. Dang, he was so cute.

 

(Zelo)

I was NOT expecting this.  When YongGuk and I opened the door we were both dumbfounded. Before us was one of the hottest girls we’d ever seen. She was wearing all black which made her even more alluring. I immediately chased YongGuk out. I would pay for it later but I didn’t care. This girl was going to be mine.

“Anything, I can do for you?” I asked her.

She laughed. “No, I’m supposed to make you dinner, then help you with some homework.”

Ugh. Right down to business, huh?

“Shouldn’t we get to know each other a little?” I pouted for good measure.

She smiled. “Sure. Show me to kitchen and we can chat while I make you something.”

(HyunA)

Zelo led me through a series of marvelous hallways to the kitchen. I couldn’t stop myself from gaping around like a kid.

“This is the small kitchen we use every day,” Zelo told me. “There’s stuff in the fridge and in the larder, you can get whatever you need.”

Small, everyday kitchen?

“What would you like to eat?” I asked him, still craning my neck to look around.

“You look pretty delicious,” he said, looking me straight in the eyes. Was this kid hitting on me?

“Yah! How old are you?” I asked him.

“Does that really matter? Look at how cute I am!” He puffed his cheeks out and I couldn’t help but laugh. But he was really cute. I changed the subject.

“What kind of name is Zelo?”

“It’s my stage name. Well…it will be.”

“You want to be an idol?”

“Yup!” He grinned then looked like he suddenly remembered something. “Noona, it’s getting late and I’m hungry!”

“Sorry, sorry!” I said. I was about to point out he was the one that hadn’t told me what he wanted when he suddenly jumped on the kitchen table and started singing and dancing to ‘Sorry Sorry’ by Super Junior.  He was actually really good, especially his dancing but his legs and arms were so long he made the dance look comical. I was cracking up until I remembered I was supposed to be a top notch babysitter and we had homework to get down to.

“Zelo! Get off the table!” I commanded.

“Ani aniyah~, ani aniyah~, no no no –”

He continued dancing on the table. I sighed. This was going to be a long night.