Chapter 12

Babysitter Naekkoya!

(Zelo)

I was dialing HyunA’s number when all of a sudden the phone cut off. I no longer had service on that phone. Whatever. I picked up my regular phone and dialled…no service. What??? I quickly dialled YongGuk.

“Hey, how are my two lovebirds?” He asked happily.

“Hyung – what?”

“Hasn’t she told you yet?”

“Who? What?”

“I don’t want to ruin the surprise!”

“Hyung, is it about HyunA? Can you call her?”

“Call her? Isn’t she with you?”

I explained what had just happened.

“What the hell? That doesn’t make any sense…she told me she was going to confess to you tonight. She was going to tell you she liked you and wanted to be together!”

“Then what the hell happened?”

“I don’t know…but you said HimChan was with her?”

“Yeah he said he needed to talk to her alone. Then she came and gave me that crap.”

“He did something.”

“Exactly. I can’t reach HyunA can you-“

Suddenly my phone was ripped out of my hand and dashed to the floor. HimChan.

“What did you do to HyunA?” I growled.

HimChan smiled. “I didn’t do anything to your precious noona.”

 

(YongGuk)

I quickly dialled HyunA’s cellphone.

“Hello?” Her voice sounded stuffy.

“HyunA, what happened? Zelo just told me everything.”

She started crying.

“YongGuk, it doesn’t make any sense to try to fix this.”

“What?”

“It’s HimChan, if I don’t do what he says he’s going to tell Zelo’s dad that Zelo and I had .”

“YOU HAD ?”

“No! Krisus…that’s what he said he’s do if I told Zelo how I felt.”

“How did he even find out you liked him?”

“I…told him.”

“Why –”

“He just kept going on about how I was taking advantage of Zelo and it just came out. Then he said I had to lie to Zelo or – hold on, I have another call coming in.”

I held for about five minutes then she came back on the line.

“OMONA~”

“What? What is it?”

“That was Mr. Choi! He – he fired me!”

“Chizz.”

“HimChan – he – he – how could I have been so stupid? He still lied to Zelo’s dad!! Oh no, oh no, everyone’s going to think I’m a – a-“

“Calm down.”

“CALM DOWN????”

“Zelo and I are going to take care of this.”

I hung up and dialled Zelo’s phone; we needed a plan. The call refused to go through and I restrained myself from body slamming my phone. Zelo was probably incapacitated by HimChan. I would have to do this on my own then.

 

(HimChan)

I was happily drinking my second bottle of wine, reminiscing on ruining HyunA’s life, when the doorbell rang.

“JOONHONG! GET IT!” I yelled.

“NO!” He shouted back.

Hmph. He could do whatever he wanted, he would get the shock of his life tomorrow when dad came back. I got up unsteadily and answered the door. I was suddenly seized by the collar and pulled outside by YongGuk.

“Congratulations,” He said.

“W-What?”

“On taking away Zelo’s happiness. That’s what you always wanted right?”

I smirked. “Ne. And what are you going to do Bang YongGuk?”

“I just want to know what you did. You’re – you’re an evil genius.”

“I am aren’t I? Poor little JoonHong will never get to see his precious babysitter again. It’s all in a day’s work, YongGuk.”

“What did you tell HyunA?”

“She got herself into this mess really. I overheard JoonHong talking about her on the phone. I thought they had but apparently they didn’t. But it still works out for me anyway. I told her if she didn’t tell Zelo she wanted to be with me and didn’t care about him I would tell my dad they were having .” I boasted.

“So you made her lie and still told your dad that other lie about her?”

I laughed at my brilliance.

“Yup. She was so rude to me the first time we met. She ignored me and went straight to JoonHong. That’s what I always hated…hey let me tell you a secret YongGukkie. Well you can tell Zelo ’cause my dad would never believe him anyway. I got him wrapped around my little finger.”

“Fine, tell me.”

“Well you know how JoonHong says my mom died because she was depressed right? Because dad never paid attention to her?”

“Ne…”

I snickered. “It was actually cancer.”

“M-Mwoh?”

“I mean dad wasn’t the most attentive husband but he loved mom. I was a jealous little kid. JoonHong had mom so I thought I should have dad. When mom and dad found out about the cancer it was really hard for them so I told them I’d tell JoonHong about it.”

“But instead you gave him crap about depression?”

“Yeah~”

“Why would he believe you?”

“We were close back then Gukkie~ but JoonHong hated dad after that. But they could’ve made up you know ‘cause dad wanted to have a “heart-to-heart” after the funeral. And guess what? I told him Zelo was actually glad mom died because she was so much of a burden with cancer.”

“You…it’s your entire fault that they hate each other!”

I laughed.” Yes! All my fault! And then I told Zelo dad was glad mom died! So he hated dad and dad hated him! And they’re both so stupid they never questioned me. They just let their anger fester.” I laughed and all of a sudden I out.

 

(YongGuk)

Lucky for HimChan he out as soon as I was going to beat the crap out of him. I tossed him inside unceremoniously. I had gone to Zelo’s house to get HyunA off the hook but I got so much more. I took the voice recorder out of my pocket and kissed it. Tomorrow Mr. Choi and Zelo would know everything. I took out my phone and dialled HyunA.

“YongGuk!”

“I fixed everything.”

“What? That was fast! How?”

“I got a recording of HimChan saying what he did to you.”

“Whoa. He confessed?”

“I was planning to beat him up to get it but he was drunk.”

“Awesome.”

“You need to go to Zelo’s house tomorrow for around 10. That’s when his dad gets back.”

“YongGuk, thank you so much. I don’t even-“

“Don’t worry about it. Just make Zelo happy.”

“I will.”