Tell Me Your Story

Take Care of You

We were sitting down across from each other in the school's library. She was staring out the window, while I was just watching her. She looked like she was contemplating something. 

"Are you sure you want to listen to me? You might get bored." She said, finally turning toward me.

"Yeah, I'm sure." 

She sighed and sat up in her seat.

"Fine."

I sat up more in my chair, ready to listen.

"My parents have never been the kind of people to show kindness to anyone. I'm no exception...."

----

Flashback *Seul Mi's POV* (6 years old)

I was on my way out of ballet practice, when I saw appa's car in the front.

My eyes widened in excitement. He's actually here!

I ran toward the car, and waited for the door to open. When it finally did, I was disappointed with who came out to greet me.

"I'm sorry little Miss, Mr. Nam has sent for me to pick you up." My dad's personal butler said to me. It's not that I didn't like him. He was kind and cared for me just like all the other people who worked for my parents, but I didn't want to see them. All I wanted was my appa to be there for me.

- 3 years later (9 years old) -

I was playing in the park, when I saw one of the kids fall to the ground.

"Waaaah, waah! Umma! It hurts!" He cried out loud. A young woman came up to him and took him into her arms, craddling the little boy.

"Shh, no worries. Mama is here! Now, let's get that cleaned up!" The boy calmed down and hugged her, as she went to the bench.

I looked toward my umma, who was talking on her phone not even paying attention to me. She didn't even look like a mother who was having fun with her child in the park. She was wearing her designer suit that cost more than her car, Louboutin pumps, and was talking away about some business deal on her phone.

She looked at her watch and sighed, waving me over. 

My maid came up to me, and smiled softly, "Little Miss, we must be leaving now! Your umma has a flight to Hong Kong this afternoon, and you have a ballet performance to get ready for."

I held no emotion in my face as I got up from the swing and left following my mother into her Jaguar.

This wouldn't be the first time my parents missed a recital of mine.

- 14 years old -

I got home from teaching a ballet class to little kids.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I yelled out, hoping to find either one of my parents here. Oh, I should've known better by now.

"Miss, how was your day?" One of the maids came out from the kitchen to greet me.

"Fine." 

"Well, you must eat lunch now! You must be starving after your class!" She lead me to the island in the kitchen, where my lunch was prepared.

By now, i didn't bother eating in the dining room, since it made me feel too lonely. The maids understood my reasoning, and didn't question it.

"Oh, there's a letter that came for you in the mail! It's from that Performing Arts School!" She exclaimed and handed me the letter.

I felt nervous, but opened the letter anyways.

"So? What does it say?" 

I smiled just a little bit, before covering it up. "I got accepted."

She squealed and took me into her arms. "Omo! I knew you could do it! Good job!" 

She tensed up and let go of me. She immediately bowed and apologized, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that. Please forgive me for acting out of line."

I chuckled at her, and said, "It's okay."

---- end of flashback

Kai's POV

"The main reason I auditioned for this school was so that, hopefully, my parents would finally be proud of me and come home to celebrate. However, that obviously didn't happen." She said.

"Do you want to know what they did, instead?" She asked me. I didn't know if I was suppose to answer that question or not.

"They had their secretary call and congratulate me on their behalf! They couldn't even find time to just give a call themselves!" She exclaimed.

I kept silent, not knowing what to say.

"All I've ever wanted since I was a kid was for my parents to acknowledge me as their own child. My whole life, I've been surrounded by people who worked for my parents. The sad part is that they probably know more about me, than my parents ever could."

She kept staring at me, as she finished. I was about to say something, when she said the two words I was least expecting her to say.

"Thank you."

I looked at her surprised. "Thank you? For what?"

"For being the first person, besides my parents' workers, to acknowledge me."

I smiled at her and replied, "I should be the one thanking you for trusting me."

She looked at me, and shrugged. "What I wanna know is why would an idol like yourself bother with a mere ballet dancer like me? I'm sure you've heard the other students talk about how mean I am."

"I've never been one to fall for rumors so easily. When I first saw you, I couldn't believe that the other students thought that way about you. You looked... you looked like you needed a friend. All you were was misunderstood." I said.

She was surprised at my answer. "Oh.."

"Yes, you had a cold exterior, but I knew that there was more to you." I continued.

"You're very observant, Kim Jong In." She smirked at me.

"May I ask... Why you were crying earlier in the hall?" I was curious about it and wanted to know what made her cry like that.

"My nanny passed away last night. She was the closest person I had to a mother." She replied, looking away.

"I'm sorry for your lost." I apologized for prying too much. She shook her head and said, "It's alright."

Her phone started beeping. She looked at it and turned to me, "Sorry, I have to be going now. My driver is waiting for me." 

I nodded and replied, "I'll see you around."

She nodded and left without another word.


Ehh, I wanted to make this story originally about something way more sad rather than just her relationship with her parents... but idk. It turned into this. I'm not good at writing sad stories, though. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks so much to those who subscribed! 

Don't forget to comment!~^^ I want to know what you guys think so far!