02.

Human

 

Somehow after that incident, Wu Fan began to live with us. Zi Tao and he didn’t get along well in the beginning, but somewhere along the road they became really good friends. I didn’t need to understand why he was living with us. As long as he was there, I was happy.

I spent a lot of time with Wu Fan, seeing as he was my age and was in the same school and class. We got along really well and did almost everything together. There isn’t a day now where I don’t think of him somehow. Little things now still remind me of him; be it the flowers I see on the sidewalk, or a simple notion a person makes. I still miss him every day.

It made me happy to see him, and I knew that ever since the first day I laid my eyes on him, I could never doubt the feelings I had inside of me. His laugh, his smile, his voice, his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his lips… He just made me feel complete. I knew I was young to understand everything, but I knew in my heart that he was the one.

I can still taste the kiss we shared after school. It was my first…. And my last.

Yet despite all the signals telling me that we’d last forever, somehow life always has a funny thing of thwarting everything good in my life.

It was the evening of 2004 that I came back from work to my mother crying. I knew in my heart that something was wrong. I walked into the living room and found Dad and Zi Tao sitting with non-readable expressions.

Wu Fan had left home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next 2 months I cried myself to sleep each night. It felt as if a large hole had been taken out of me. I felt empty that I had no one to talk to, or laugh with. No one to sit next to in class, no one to walk home with me and no one to look forward to. The house was quieter, and the mood around us became sullen and dull.

I had to force myself from entering into his room – it was already painful enough for me just with the absence of his presence. I didn’t need daily reminders of him. It got to the point where I had to hold my breath each time I walked past his room. I had developed a weird coping mechanism and I couldn’t get out of it no matter how much I wanted to.

My parents had lost a son, Zi Tao a brother, and I, a best friend and companion.

As if it was almost too much to take, my parents sent Zi Tao and me to Seoul to study abroad, in hopes that this opportunity would help us get over the problem at home. The years to come passed me by so quickly that it managed, somehow, to help me overcome the empty hole in my heart.

I found new passions and new friends that helped me move along with life. I managed to graduate high school and University, which made my parents extremely happy and proud. However we all knew that somewhere in the back of our minds, Wu Fan was still as much a part of our family.

He could never be erased from our hearts. Especially mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Lol, I decided to get the boring bits out of the way first. Have fun reading and do comment! This is just a filler chapter to what's about to happen next :) Lovelove ^^!