10 - Finale

Human

 

   After the little encounter with Yi Xing, I’m somehow forced into thinking about my secret. The more I analysed the fact that I battled with depression over someone, the more it sounded ridiculous. Why did I ever put myself through the pain?

When I got back home, the apartment was empty, except for Mother’s luggage and boxes in the lounge room. She had brought back Chinese delicacies for us, as well as other household items that she felt we needed.

I barely took two steps before the front door opens again, and I’m faced with Tao, Mom and…. Him. I look to Tao and see his eyes pleading with me for something.

No. It can’t be.

I bow curtly before rushing off to my room, Tao chasing after me. Why, of all people?

“Jie, listen to me,”

“NO!”

“Jie, please, just listen to me,”

“No.”

“WHY? WHY CAN’T YOU LISTEN TO ME?”

Tao has lost his cool and slammed his hand down on my table. I’m shocked and I don’t speak. His anger terrifies me.

“Listen, okay? Just hear me out.”

I nod my head shakily and bring my knees closer to me. I didn’t realise that I had fallen to the ground after Tao had his outburst.

“Wu Fan ge means you no harm. He won’t hurt you ever, again. He just wants to be in your life. He still loves you,”

He – still – loves – me.

I start sobbing uncontrollably. My hair is in a mess and my tears are going everywhere. A pair of strong arms wraps themselves around me, lulling me into a quiet place in my mind. For a while, I don’t cry out loud, instead, I let the tears flow freely and try to calm my heart.

“I’m sorry, Zi Ying.”

The sincerity in his voice causes the seams of my heart to fall apart, releasing emotions that I had locked away so tightly before. My arms willingly bring his body closer to mine and I lose myself in his intoxicating smell.

Why did I ever push this out of my life?

I’m dizzy from inhaling too hard, and control myself before I get into a heated frenzy. It’s hard to control several emotions pouring out so rapidly, but somehow an old wound manages to keep it all in place.

I haven’t entirely forgiven him, but I gave him the opening that he needed.

“I’m sorry,”

He apologizes a thousand times more than the hundred he had already mentioned.

“Stop,” I croak, rubbing my eyes. “I don’t want to hear that anymore.”

I can hear him smiling at me. I refuse to look him in the eye. I’m not prepared for a full-frontal battle with my emotions again.

“Okay then, Huang Zi Ying…. I love you.”

 


AM I FINISHED?! I think I am~ Please wait for a little while longer while I get the sequel written haha. It's currently still in the making, so yeah. Thanks so much for reading this lousy drabble of mine~ I'll improve, hopefully, with the rest of the stories I write! 

Thanks for the subscribers, the silent readers and the comments, guys! I love them all!