Confusion

Nothing's fair in Love

 

Author's POV

"unni! I think I wanna stay" Hyuna told you.

"really?!" she asked surprised. "what made you change your mind?"

"I want to be with you.." she hugged you from behind. "I get pretty lonely back home especially when mom and dad always have  business trips"

"uh-huh" you sounded unconvinced but you were just playing with her. "you sure make excuses well" you teased.

"yah! I'm not making up any excuses!" she pouted.

"aigoo! My baby sister is mad.." you pinched her cheeks. "so..what's the real reason for your stay?"

"my reason…for staying?" she blinked innocently at you. "fine. you caught me" she laughed. "I think I'm in-love" she smiled dreamily.

"really?" this time you sounded disappointed than surprised.

"aren't you happy for me?" she asked looking at you questioningly.

"of course I am!" you forced a smile. "and I'm extra happy that we'll be living together again!"

"aren't we living together already?" she pointed out.

"I know. But this time it'll be for a long time" you hugged her tightly. "so..who's the lucky guy?" you were dying out of curiosity.

"you know him!" she giggled. "he attends at your school too.. He's..."

'Is it Minho? Please no.. I hope he's not.. Because I think I like the guy..' You thought.

 

 

Your POV

I like him? what's happening to me? I'm not even interested in love. But I can't deny this anymore.. I've fallen for Choi Minho but how about Hyuna's feelings I don't want to hurt her.. maybe I should just forget about him and focus on my studies.

"yah! unni are you listening?" I heard Hyuna yelling.

"yeah totally" I answered immediately.

"is something bothering you?" she looked worried.

"no-nothing" I blinked innocently at her. "you're saying?"

"I said I'm not telling you his name" she stuck her tongue out to me.

"yah! That's not fair!" I whined. "you should tell me!"

"I did like twice already.. but you weren't listening so I guess you're not that interested so I decided to just keep it a secret!" she then disappeared to her room. "Goodnight unni!" I heard her yell.

"fine be like that!" I yelled back. I heard her laughter from the room next door.

 

 

Hyuna's POV

 

"Am I really staying for that guy? He doesn't even know that I, Jang Hyuna exist.. He sees me as Yumi.. " I mumbled as I stare at the  ceiling. "maybe I should just give it to fate and besides I can spend more time with my sister if I stay here. It'll be just fine, right Fluffy?" I asked Yumi's innocent little puppy. "Fluffy what do you think?" the puppy lay beside me resting its head on my tummy. "I should stay huh? Looks like you want me to stay, am I right?" I giggled when fluffy wags her tail. "Let's just hope that I won't regret this decision later"

*ring* *ring*

"who would call me this late?" I mumbled as I reached for my phone. You look at the caller ID and surprised to see who it was -- Jonghyun.

 

= phone convo = (H > Hyuna, J > Jonghyun) (a/n: Jonghyun still thinks Hyuna is Yumi/you)

H: hello?

J: Yumi-ssi are you busy?

H: obviously not since I have the time to pick up the phone, right?

J: you don't have to be sarcastic.. You know.. *why does he sound so sad?*

H: fine. Why'd you call me this late?

J: did I wake you up?

H: stop asking the obvious!

J: sorry..

H: now, are you going to tell me why'd you call for? ..or I'll just hung up?

J: …….. *is he sleeping already? Wait ..is he crying?*

H: Jonghyun-ah is there something wrong?

J: can we meet right now?

H: okay. where are you?

J: I'm at the park near our college.. I don'-

H: I'll be there in 20 minutes, can you wait?

J: thank you Yumi-ssi.. *I can't help but feel sad when he calls me Yumi.. Jonghyun-ah I'm Hyuna, Jang Hyuna*

 

I hung-up first and got change. I left a message by the fridge for Yumi incase I won't be able to get home tonight. I sigh as I hop on Yumi's car. *what are you getting yourselves into Jang Hyuna?* I mentally questioned myself.

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I'm not usually like this.. but I feel so alone today. Today's my parents death anniversary and I just can't help but to feel like no one's there for me. Usually I'd spend this day at the club flirting with random girls and getting wasted just to conceal what I really feel, but tonight I don't feel like it. So as stupid as it sound I called Yumi at 1:25 in the morning and ask for her company and fortunately she agreed.

"Jonghyun-ssi? What are you doing drowning yourself with alcohol?" she approached with a disappointed look on her beautiful face.

*okay maybe I'm still getting myself wasted but at least not on clubs and I'm not flirting with random girls either*

 

 

--------