Chapter 2

A Change of Heart

 

As the day wore on, Ricky became uncomfortably aware of the clear tension that had suddenly materialized between him and L.Joe. His hyung was clearly more sullen and moody than usual. The other members noticed it too and now and then, Ricky caught them staring at the usually bubbly pair strangely. He felt uncomfortable; he didn't know how to approach L.Joe about what happened in the morning.

 

When they exited the dance studio at around mid-afternoon, the drizzle had become a storm, with the rain coming down in relentless torrents and thunder rumbling in a distance.

 

There was a shortage of umbrellas, so they had to share. The managers and two older ones went ahead first. Soon, one of the managers jogged back. He and Niel shared an umbrella this time, leaving L.Joe, Changjo and Ricky with a one umbrella between them.

 

Mutely, L.Joe put up his hood, hugged his backpack to his chest, and before any one of them could say anything, he dashed out into the rain, disappearing in the rising fog.

 

"Hyung!" Changjo called after him, "That guy's crazy!! It's raining so heavily--"

 

Ricky didn't say anything but instead averted his eyes and stared at a spot on the wall. Changjo noticed and nudged him.

 

"Hey."

 

"What."

 

"Did," he started before dropping his voice, speaking in a hushed manner, "did something happen between you and hyung?"

 

He sighed softly and hesitated, eyes staring at L.Joe's foggy, shrinking figure in the rain. Finally, Ricky replied, a tight edge slipping into his tone.

 

"Well... he... Byunghun hyung, I mean. He kind of confessed to me. This morning."

 

Changjo's face went slack with shock. "He likes you? Since when?"

 

"I don't know. He just blurted it out and now..." He trailed off. Changjo stared at Ricky, as if trying to regain his composure before speaking again, more seriously this time.

 

"Then how about you? How do you feel?"

 

Ricky swallowed, mouth suddenly sandpaper dry. 

 

"I..." The other male watched him expectantly.

 

"I honestly don't know." He finally confessed. "I've told you before didn't I? About the crush I had on him."

 

The younger boy nodded. They had been firm friends and loyal confidants since being shortlisted to compete to be in the group. Ricky didn't know why, but they had synergy and Changjo was like a brother he'd never had. 

 

"Well, it’s been so long, I'm not sure if I feel the same way and I don't want to get Byung's hopes up if it turns out I don't feel anything for him. I just don't know anymore."

 

Changjo paused for a moment, then he felt a hand pat the small of his back. "Just be honest with yourself and tell him when you're ready. It'll work out."

 

"Yeah..."

 

When they finally got to the car, L.Joe was in the back seat again, except this time, he was soaked to the skin, drenched from head to toe. A pool of water was collecting on the car mat where his shoes were, his hood so sodden he couldn't pull it up over his now grayish, rain-soaked hair. He looked so miserable and down-trodden, like a drowned rat.

 

The managers were throwing him disdainful looks from the front and the other members were eyeing him worriedly.

 

He looked up when the car door slid open again to admit the two youngest and immediately returned to unraveling his dry mp3 with slippery shaking hands when he saw who it was. Ricky's heart plummeted but he chose not to speak.

 

Instead, he slid into the seat right in front, just behind the driver and spent the entire journey to their next schedule ignoring L.Joe's coughs and sniffles and Changjo's eyes on his back.

 

~

 

Um... yeah:D

 

HARLLO EVERYBODY:D Told you the next chap would be up soon, didn't I? ;)

 

Anyway, thank you RLteentopRickJoe21 and BabyRicky for subscribing, I really really appreciate it!!:)

 

@RLteentopRickJoe21

Hello~

Thank you >< Your comment just totally made my day!:) Here! HAVE SOME L.JOE AEGYO

 

DID I MENTION THAT I LOVEEEE BE MA GIRL????? OMG BEST SONG EVER.

 

/dies from excessive fangirling

 

 

kthxbai