Chapter 4

A Change of Heart

 

That day passed without much event, except for the fact that the members seemed much more tense and quiet than usual without L.Joe around. It was unnerving how the absence of one person could just take the life out of the entire group.

 

When they returned in the evening, L.Joe was awake and lucid. He managed to get up from the bedroom and join them in watching their favorite TV shows, chuckling good-naturedly while Changjo and Niel play-wrestled on the floor. Ricky huddled at the other end of the sofa, watching as L.Joe sat between CAP and Chunji and, after claiming he was having a bad headache, rested his head tiredly on CAP's shoulder. His heart twisted at their closeness and he crossed his hands tighter over his chest, trying not to scowl.

 

"Did you go see a doctor?" He heard Chunji ask in a low voice while CAP looked on, acting as if he wasn't listening in on their conversation.

 

L.Joe shook his head once, then stopped, grimacing a little.

 

"He said there wasn't a need to." The boy whispered back hoarsely, "he just gave some of Jonghyun's medicine from the last time he got sick but the temperature just went down and came back up again."

 

A dangerous light glinted in Chunji's eyes and he looked up and saw Ricky staring. They exchanged dark expressions; Ricky's insides were boiling. L.Joe was so obviously sick and their manager just brushed it off like that?

 

Somewhere in the middle of a rerun of Running Man, Niel noticed L.Joe coughing thickly and shivering and darted out for a bit to get him his blanket. Jealousy seized his being when he saw Niel gently tuck the fabric around the boy, brow furrowed and eyes worried. L.Joe tried to respond with a grin, but the smile didn't seem to be able to reach his eyes.

 

Soon enough, L.Joe excused himself and left the room quietly to go to bed. Ricky tried to act casual but couldn't help staring as he shuffled across the threshold. He was a little unsteady on his feet, but he said it was fine and he didn't want help so Ricky just sat on the edge of his seat, jumping every time the boy's step faltered.

 

~

 

This is a really short chapter, sorry>< The next one will be up really soon though! Like... tomorrow? ;D

On another note, OT6!!!!! Sort of. Ricky was being sulky so he didn't really participate in the members' babying(?) of L.Joe...

Chunji and L.Joe are best friends in this fic, kinda like Changjo and Ricky. The roomings in the dorm is as follows: L.Joe-Ricky, Chunji-Changjo, CAP-Niel

 

Anyway, all that aside, I'M BACK!! hehehe (anybody miss me?/bricked)

A BIG THANK YOU to waniesz and LovelyMelek for reading and subscribing!!! And also badvolkan91 and j_n_y_f for commenting! You have no idea how much these things motivate me to write, so thank you!~

@j_n_y_f 

He can't :'( the managers are mean and they don't allow him to:(

@badvolkan91

Me too, managers these days ._.

That part was kinda sad, but touching wasn't it? TT-TT 

That's what this chapter's about! But the rest of the members were taking care of L.Joe, so Ricky kinda got pushed aside OTL he needs to step up and fight for his place, seriously!

Yeah, I think I should too...

 

OK BYE:D