Chapter 5

A Change of Heart

 

Ricky woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of someone stammering shakily, accompanied by a soft voice that he recognized as Chunji. He lay there until the voices had abated somewhat before getting up and going to look. The source of the voices was the extra room, where the members slept in when they were ill. He pulled on his socks and left his room, treading as softly as he could down the corridor before reaching the room and putting his head around the doorframe.

 

Chunji was sitting by the headboard of the bed, L.Joe's head and whispering to him softly. The latter was drifting off the sleep, blinking his hazy, red-rimmed eyes slowly. His best friend continued to whisper to him comfortingly until his breathing evened out and he was finally in dreamland.

 

Then the older boy looked up and saw Ricky at the door. His gaze turned hard.

 

"Changhyun."

 

"Hyung. What happened?"

 

"Nightmare. His cries woke me."

 

Ricky's stomach sank. Nightmares. L.Joe was having nightmares now and he had a hunch he knew exactly what was causing them.

 

And something told him that he'd told Chunji what had happened too.

 

"Is... Is he okay now?" He stuttered slightly, feeling strangely exposed under his hyung's unnaturally cold stare.

 

"His fever is still not going down. I gave him the medicine but..." Chunji's expression faltered and worry took over as he gave a quick glance to the sleeping boy. "We have to get him to a doctor, as soon as possible. I have a bad feeling about this."

 

Ricky nodded. Stale silence settled upon them. Chunji looked away from Ricky returned to L.Joe's blond head. Ricky's heart twinged guiltily and he shifted uncomfortable on his feet, unable to look straight that L.Joe because he felt like he had wronged him and hurt him in so many ways. Seeing the boy so sick didn't make things better either. 

 

At last, Chunji stood and walked towards the door to switch off the lights. He paused beside Ricky but didn't turn to look at him.

 

"I think we should get back to bed. We have a dress rehearsal for that music show tomorrow morning and it's at 6am, I think its best we are not late for it." He had never heard Chunji sound so icy before. He suppressed a shiver.

 

With that, the older boy stepped stiffly past him, out of the room and disappeared down the shadowy hallway.

 

~

 

True to Chunji's predictions, they both woke up late the next morning, leading to a mad dash to get through their routines and leave on time. Ricky wanted to go and look in on L.Joe but the manager bundled them up and chased them out of the apartment before he could put on his sneakers properly.

 

Then it was off to the salon, where all their days begun.

 

The dry-run was empty and stressful. The team was down by one member; worry got to them and led them to dance in a 'dazed, distracted manner', noted their manager with an edge of annoyance.

 

But Ricky couldn't help it. He couldn't help worry, couldn't help thinking of L.Joe, of what he was doing now, his condition, and whether or not things will ever be the same again between them. How could he concentrate with these questions running through his head over and over again?

 

Mid-afternoon, during dance practice, CAP got a long text from the manager who was with L.Joe. When their choreography teacher left to get some water, their hyung read it to them.

 

The text stated that the boy was a little better and was alright enough to be left on his own. The manager had to rush off to a very important and urgent company meeting, explained the leader, and now L.Joe was asleep and alone at home.

 

"So I'm supposed to grab some lunch and go back to give Byung his meal."

 

"But why can't we all go?" Piped Niel.

 

Chunji slung a hand over the teenager's shoulder and leaning heavily on him, drawling lazily, "What do you mean, Niel?"

 

Changjo was behind CAP, perched on his toes and trying to read the text messages over his shoulder. Ricky just stood beside Niel without saying a word, thoughts running around his head in a dizzying frenzied manner.

 

"Can we all go back? This session ends at 5, its only 3, but we need lunch too."

 

Silence settled on all of them as Niel's offhanded statement sunk in.

 

Changjo started, "Well..."

 

"Manager-hyung didn't specify whether just one of us was supposed to go back..." CAP followed up, slowly, scanning the text again.

 

"Or whether we could all go." Finished Ricky, comprehension dawning on him as well. The idea was simple but brilliant. They could skive the practice, he thought, chest bubbling with the feeling of excitement., they could skive and get back to L.Joe!

 

"You little genius." Chunji echoed Ricky's thoughts, eyes bright. He enthusiastically ruffled Niel's hair, and pinched his cheek.

 

"Hey! You're messing up my hair! I just straightened it this morning--"CAP cleared his throat just as Changjo began to laugh at Chunji ducking away from Niel's death grip.

 

He grinned slyly and raised an eyebrow.  

 

"So... Shall we?"

 

~

 

AS PROMISED, HERE IT IS, CHAPTER FIVE~

CHUNJOE!BFFS FTW!

Scheming Teen Top... me likey keke~ /shotdead

Its longer this time around, because I felt a little bad for posting such short short chapters so i'll be.... elongating them from now on:D 

Anyway, if my calculations are correct, this story is almost at an end, 2-3 more chapters? yeap, so just a heads up for everybody._.

Thank you Heechan (hehe I like your name><) for subscribing, and waniesz, j_n_y_f and badvolkan91 for commenting! kekeke:D

 

@waniesz  

this is an update! hehe, thank you so much, your words mean a lot a lot to me:D so thank you! happy reading~

 

@j_n_y_f

I hate the manager!! Ricky is being a sulky kid asdfghjkl see! Even Chunji knows! YOU TELL HIM CHUNJI

 

@badvolkan91

The members should really push him, especially Changjo, since he knows...:(

You can gang up with Ricky and go after him!! I'll join you guys too! >:(

Thank you, I updated! (duh /facepalm haha:P) Thanks for reading too~

 

See you all soon!! Remember to watch Teen Top on Music Bank today!!!! BE MA GIRL ROCKS!! WOOT!!

ALSO! Login and vote for Teen Top on M!Countdown! here> http://global.mnet.com/mcountdown/main.m