Chapter 8

A Change of Heart

 

"It's all over the news, Joe."

 

The entire group was lounging in L.Joe's room, each of them on a laptop. There was a nurse who had bustled in moments earlier, with another complicated looking machine and a clear oxygen mask, saying that it was for L.Joe's 'oxygen therapy'. She proceeded to strap the mask over L.Joe's face, which caused the members to burst out into laughter over how strange and irregularly shaped his head seemed, and was now fiddling with some knobs on the machine, paying no heed to their idle chit-chatting.

 

The blonde raised an eyebrow at Chunji, who started to read out the news.

 

"Teen Top's L.Joe hospitalized. On Friday, the 19th of April, L.Joe from the teen pop boy band Teen Top, collapsed at home. He was immediately sent to the hospital and diagnosed with fatigue and flu. T.O.P media has released a statement that L.Joe is now recovering well and will be discharged to rest at home in a week. They would also like to thank the fans for their concern and assure them that the rest of the Teen Top members have gone through check-ups and are healthy."

 

"They didn't even give us check-ups. And plus, Doctor Park said that it’s not contagious, seriously." Said Niel in mock outrage, shaking his head dramatically.

 

"Yup. What a load of crap." Deadpanned Changjo, not looking up from his computer. A ripple of laughter ran through the group at their sarcastic comments.

 

L.Joe grinned through the foggy mask and leaned back on the pillows; he stared at the ceiling as the nurse finished up and exited, reminding the boy not to touch anything, take slow measured breaths and call if there's any trouble.

 

"They are right about one thing, though." Everyone looked at Ricky who had spoken up. He tapped a finger on the plastic of the laptop, eyeballing all of them.

 

"The fans are going nuts with worry. Do you want to send them some message or something? Our Twitter timeline is flooded." The silence that followed made him wonder if he had said something wrong.

 

"Changhyun, I don't think that's a good idea..." Began CAP.

 

"Yeah," he turned to Chunji, whose brow was slightly furrowed, "I mean, Byung's still weak--"

 

Just then, L.Joe cleared his throat. He looked annoyed now.

 

"Changhyun," he instructed, voice muffled by the mask, "bring your computer here."

 

"Byunghun--"

 

Then the boy snapped.

 

"Stop stepping on eggshells around me; stop treating me like I'm made of glass. I'm not. A. Child."

 

Everyone froze at L.Joe's sharp retort. Suddenly, Ricky could see the L.Joe that shouted abuse at his bullies, the L.Joe that ran away from his family when he was 14, and the L.Joe that stood up for what they believed in, even against the highest of authority.

 

In the midst of the silence, Ricky got up slowly and went over. He halted by L.Joe's bed and set the device up, barely noticing when L.Joe shifted.

 

"Hyun?" He jerked out of his trance. L.Joe patted the empty spot beside him, eyes suddenly soft and weary, “Sit with me. Please."

 

He obliged, feeling the eyes of the rest on him.

 

"Show me..."

 

"Sure." He pulled over the table and started to show the boy the pages. When he got to the last one the door clicked he suddenly became aware that they were the only two in the room.

 

"What the--" then he lost his train of thought when L.Joe reached pulled the laptop over and began to type rapidly, replying some UFOs and tweeting.

 

"Ignore them. It better that they're gone anyway."

 

They lapsed into silence, Ricky watching L.Joe's bony, pale fingers dart across the keyboard, typing out messages.

 

Finally, he stretched and fell back against his pillows, shutting his eyes and sighing, causing his mask to become more opaque.

 

"What is it?" Ricky inquired immediately, worry suddenly overtaking his features.

 

"Nothing, nothing... Just really tired." Murmured L.Joe, opening his eyes and turning them to Ricky. The latter felt his face grow hot as he shut his laptop and leaned back on the pillows too, turning slightly to face his hyung.

 

"Hyung..." He started hesitantly, then paused. L.Joe watched him, waiting.

 

"That day... When... When you said you liked me..."

 

Now it was L.Joe's turn to blush. He turned his head away and said in a stiff, cool tone, face blank, "I thought I told you to forget about it."

 

"Well I can't, hyung. How do you expect me to forget something like that?" He cried, ears ringing slightly.

 

"So what? Are you going to reject me outright now?" Said the boy sharply, "Because it wasn't clear enough the last time?"

 

"No! Wait, you don't understand--"

 

"Oh, I don't?" Now L.Joe was all fired up, his previously pale face pink with anger. He was breathing rather hard too, and was clearly agitated.

 

"So what don't I understand? I confessed to you and got rejected, as clear as that. There's nothing to clarify here, I already know that you don't like me--"

 

"But I do!" Ricky shouted back, sitting upright immediately. 

 

Shocked silence permeated the room. L.Joe looked like someone just slapped him across his face. Finally he managed to choke out, "W-what??"

 

"I," Ricky said slowly, feeling like he was shrinking on the spot, "I like you too hyung. Since we first met."

 

The blond boy's face turned from shock to barely disguised anger.

 

"You are such an idiot."

 

"I wanted to tell you, but all these happened and you kept avoiding me--"

 

"I kept avoiding you?!" L.Joe echoed incredulously. "You were the one who--" 

 

"That's not important right now, it’s just that-- I'm sorry."

 

His apology stopped L.Joe short. Both of them lay there, staring at each other and L.Joe breathing a little heavily, looking a little pale.

 

"Are you okay?" Ricky couldn't help asking, reaching out a hand to touch his cheek. It was hot.

 

"M'fine." Grumbled L.Joe but he didn't bat Ricky's hand away when he reached up to feel his forehead, which was a good sign.

 

"You're running a fever again. Do you want me to call the nurse?"

 

"No! I mean, no. Can't we just stay like this for a while?"

 

"Well..." He trailed off and the boy shifted and their arms were touching.

 

"So, continue."

 

"Continue what?"

 

"Continue explaining why you're sorry...?" L.Joe said slowly, watching him in a slightly wary manner.

 

"Oh... I'm sorry because..." Ricky sighed, "I know it gave you nightmares and it's my fault that you became this ill, hyung and I feel like a complete bastard because I like you too hyung. I really really do, and I’m sorry--"

 

In a sudden movement, L.Joe took off his oxygen mask and sat up so fast that Ricky didn't even have time to speak before their lips had met, L.Joe’s sweet-tasting and way too warm against his own.

 

"That's all I wanted to hear." He whispered when they pulled away.

 

Ricky shifted, as did L.Joe, and they moved closer, just lying there with their arms intertwined until L.Joe shut his eyes and drifted to sleep, dreams peaceful at last.

 

~

 

A cute end to a serious fic!! Like it? I've got an epilogue planned out, its really ultra-corny and slightly crackish, but I'll try to get it up asap! Sorry for the lateness of this though, I got back really late from night studying at my school>< please forgive meee!!!

Also! I would like to thank all of my awesome readers who commented and EVERYONE who subscribed: Jiyinabryanl1mbenstar04KPopChikkHeechan, wanieszLovelyMelekTaeminRickyLoverangelvipelfOnlyForYaj_n_y_fbadvolkan91BabyRickyRLteentopRickJoe21 (in reverse chronological order)!:D Those who've just discovered this story, those who have stuck with it since the beginning, those who have been reading, silently or otherwise, thank you thank you thank you! I couldn't have asked for any better readers, you guys are the best!! <3

So happy right now~ kekeke~
 
Dorky!Teen Top for EVERYONE :D
 

@j_n_y_f

strangle him!! Yeah! He deserves it, that meanie!

RICKJOE HAHA <3333 /bricked

hi five girrrrrlllll. damn we should really be studying.... AH WELL who cares! Teen Top is more interesting anyways~

 

@KPopChikk

Haha!!! Your comment was so hilarious and cute with all the lack of punctuation asdfgjkl

Well, I'm glad you subscribed when you did! ^^ Aw thanks~ I'm glad you like the story that much hehe:D

Everyone seems to want to punch/hit/teach the managers the lesson XP THAT'S WHAT YOU GUYS GET FOR BEING MEAN PEOPLE YOU HORRIBLE MANAGERS. Although I'm sure in real life they aren't that mean lol~

 

Thank you, the pleasure is mine:D 

 

@badvolkan91

No, thank you for reading!:D Yay! I'm glad you liked the long update kekeke~

We need to gather a mob and ambush the managers and teach them a lesson for being so horrible to Teen Top! haha jkjk

HAPPY ENDING! Are you satisfied with the ending? HEHEHEHE:D 

 

@waniesz

Woah! double comment teehee~

Yeah, this story is at an end... kinda. There's still an epilogue though:D

He cuddled with L.Joe..... AWWWWW ASDFGJKL

L.Joe's doctor totally has her priorities right and gave that horrid manager a piece of her mind!! 

 

@RLteentopRickJoe21

I think at that time, it was more of Ricky wanting to say something rather than L.Joe... But I think they've cleared things up in this chapter, haven't they?:)

hee~ your heart beat faster, so does that mean you liked it? lol ><

 

@deedee2011

Hi!!! Thank you!! keke YAY fellow RickJoe shipper~~~

Me too! I'm sure we all hate the managers now OTL 

 

 

 

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!! GOOD NIGHT, and see you guys again soon, 3