Chapter 1

A Change of Heart

 

It was 6 in the morning.

 

They were sitting on Ricky's bed in their shared room, waiting for the manager to come up and call them down to go to practice. Light rain pattered, tapping their invisible fingers against the dark window panes.

 

The two roommates were just having a normal casual conversation, well, actually it was mostly Ricky talking and L.Joe sitting cross-legged at the foot of the bed, listening. Suddenly, L.Joe had opened his mouth and asked.

 

"Changhyun? Have you ever had a crush before?"

 

"Uh--" Ricky was caught off-guard by his inquiry. He looked at his hyung strangely; was this one of L.Joe's random musings again? He was infamous for asking and saying weird things and the most inappropriate of times.

 

"Well..." He said slowly, "I've had I guess."

 

"Guys or girls?"

 

He hesitated, before whispering, “Both."

 

To tell the truth, he actually had a sort-of-not-really crush on L.Joe when they first met. Even at 17, the older boy seemed to emit an aura of sureness and confidence that Ricky both admired and envied, and he had the looks, could play instruments and rapped so fast he sounded like a machine-gun. He was so cool and talented, when he stood next to him, 15-year-old Ricky felt like he lacked so much.

 

But when he finally got to know his teammate, he found that his hyung had a very playful yet charismatic and magnetic personality, despite his cold and detached demeanor. Before he knew, he was falling for the teen, but kept his feelings to himself--

 

"I think I like you." Ricky froze. L.Joe's words had broken through his train of thought and for a moment they didn't register.

 

Did... Did he just--

 

Upon receiving stunned silence, L.Joe's face flushed slightly and he looked away, as if collecting his thoughts and reflecting.

 

Then he assumed the worst and said, in a low bitter voice. “Sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

 

The older boy dropped his fringe over his eyes and jumped off the bed suddenly, "Forget I said anything. I think I hear manager hyung."

 

"Wait--" Before he could stop him, L.Joe grabbed his knapsack and slid out of the room.

 

The manager hyung came soon after and as they got into the car, he noted that L.Joe went in first and settled at the back of the car, pulling his jacket hood over his blonde head, sticking his earbuds in and blocking everyone out.

 

~

 

HELLO AGAIN:D

So this is the first chapter, and I hope you like it? I switched up their roomings a bit, if you don't mind. L.Joe's current roommate is actually Niel (not sure if its just the two of them or there's another member rooming with them.) but let's pretend its Ricky, okay? OKAY!

The next chapter will be up really soon, so keep a lookout for it:)

Thanks for reading, by the way!! Ricky loves you!