Chapter 9

That pair of distant yet loving eyes.. [HIATUS]

"How's she?" asked Jessica worriedly right after Krystal stepped into her room with a gloomy look.
"What happened Krystal?"
"Tell me!"

"Stop unnie.."
"Stop pacing around.." said Krystal calmly as she sat down on Jessica's bed.
"I've told Yuri unnie that you and I cant go back to her anymore.."

"You said that?!"
"How could you!"
"I will, and i will go back to her!" exasperated Jessica in tears.
"I cant leave her, i cant!"

"Unnie.."
"Dont, dont be like this.." said Krystal with teary eyes
"I know you love her, but all the more you should let her go"
"Im sure you dont want her to come into any harm right?"
"You know what Lord will do if you disobey her right?"

Jessica cringed at those sentences that Krystal had said.
It was all so true.
Lord will go through all means to get what she want.

"I guess you're right Krystal.."
"I cant go against her, can I?" sighed Jessica sadly

"Im afraid so unnie.."
"But, i can bring you over to Yuri unnie to bid her your last farewell before bringing you to complete Lord's first training challenge for you" smiled Krystal weakly

"Right.. the challenge.."
"Do you think i'll survive it..?"
"Im afraid i wont even survive it and dont even have a chance to visit Yuri and appa for the last time.."

"YAH!" exclaimed Krystal as she landed a hard knock on Jessica's head
"You're so much stronger than any one of us here!"
"If we can kill a lycans, why cant you?!"

"How would i know?"
"Probably, i'll just want to give up my life to the lycans and disappoint the Lord" said Jessica with a shrug

"Unnie.."
"Please dont, dont give up"
"If you're giving up, what about me and SeungLee?" asked Krystal with puppy pleading eyes

"I dont know about it Krystal.."
"I feel so helpless now.."
"Forget it Krystal, lets get all these done and over with as fast as possible"

"You sure you want to do it like right now?"
"Are you really ready for it?"

"I cant drag things any longer"
"I cant afford to drag the time, and give Lord more chance to harm my loved ones if i dont cut off my ties with them first"
"Right?"

"Right"
"Sensible thinking" smirked Krystal as she held onto Jessica's hands and led her to a secret blue dimension portal that was located at the basement of the headquarters.
"Here, enter this and we'll be back to where we came from unnie"

"What about the one in red?"

"Oh that.."
"I'll tell you about it later"
"Lets get going now"

With that, the duo stepped into the blue dimension portal and disappeared into the portal.
Within seconds, they landed in a dark creepy forest.
Walking through the forest gave creeps to Jessica which made her looked left and right,
sensing for any upcoming threat.

"Relax unnie.."
"This place is safe"
"It belongs to us" assured Krystal as she gave Jessica's hands a light squeeze.

"How can i?"
"I dont even know how to use my newly gained abilities" protested Jessica panickly

"You dont have to"
"Really, because here is safe"
"When you have to worry, is when you step into the red portal unnie"
"Which we will be going there later" replied Krystal, a little tensed up upon mentioning the red portal.

While walking out of the forest and towards Yuri's house, which was Jessica's ex-house,
Jessica was asking Krystal about things on lycans that she will be dealing with later.
And also, at the same time Jessica wanted to divert her nervous attention to something else.
Meeting Yuri, just to cut off their ties with each other.
Meeting Yuri, and bring hurt to the one she loved the most.
The thing that was going to happen had never ever occured in her thoughts before but now, its going to happen.

"So.." started Jessica
"Can you tell me more about lycans?"

"Well.."
"Lycans are more or less like us.."
"Lycans display inhuman abilities of physical strength, speed, reflexes, endurance and agility"
"And it applies to lycans even when in human form"

"You mean they can exist in both human and lycan form?" asked Jessica in disbelief

"Duh!" replied Krystal as she rolled her eyes
"However, you have to take note that lycans are stonger during the night"
"And also, when lycans are in human form, they are not as strong as they are in lycans form"
"So yup, please take note of this since you're totally fresh and stepping into this world like what i've been living in now unnie" explained Krystal carefully to Jessica.

"So lycans are so strong"
"How the hell do i even kill them?"

"Unnie, remember this"
"You're stronger than them"
"You can easily snap their necks in seconds"
"Just believe in it" smiled Krystal assuringly as she gave Jessica a light push into her mansion
"You're here"
"I'll wait for you out here"
"The most i can give you is an hour unnie"
"Nothing more" added Krystal before turning away from Jessica

Heaving a loud burdened sigh, Jessica walked into the familiar environment.
Looking up at her home, warm and sweet for the very last time.

Jessica's POV

I wonder..
How long will i have to stay away from here..?
Forever..?
If so, what am i gonna do with Yuri?!

End of Jessica's POV

Slowly stepping into the bedroom of hers and Yuri's, Jessica found Yuri lying on the bed.
Quiet sobs were heard from there.
Walking nearer to it, Jessica sat down and touched Yuri's cheeks.

"Sica?!" gasped Yuri in shock as she sat up from her bed immediately
"Am i dreaming?!"
"Krystal told me you're not coming back for me!" exclaimed Yuri as she hugged Jessica tightly

"Yuri.." started Jessica as she broke off the hug with Yuri although she didnt want to do it.
"Its true, what Krystal said was true"
"Im just here to bid you goodbye" said Jessica

"Sica.."
"Tell me, its all a dream right?"
"I'll wake up from all these soon right?" asked Yuri with pleading eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Trust me Yul"
"I very much would like to say, its a dream"
"And we will both wake up from it"
"But you know what?"
"Its not!" exasperated Jessica with tears in her eyes too.
"Its bloody not!"

"Why Sica?"
"Whats wrong..?"
"Tell me, i'll help you.."
"Tell me, whats going on.."

"No, i cant"
"Stop forcing me Yul!"
"Im no longer the Sica you knew"
"Im not!"
"NO LONGER!"

"NO!"
"Sica, you're forever my Sica!" cried Yuri sadly as she grabbed onto Jessica's hands.
"Dont leave, please"

"I cant Yul"
"I cant!" shouted Jessica heartbrokenly as she swung her hands free from Yuri's grasps.
"You want to know why am i different now?!"

Jessica immediately dashed towards their windows of the room at an inhuman speed.
Grabbing the window grills, Jessica easily pulled the whole window grills out and threw it out of the window.
Not stopping, she grabbed a scissors that was lying on the side table and cut her wrists with blood oozing out of her wrists.
But within seconds, it all healed up and only traces of the blood were left.

"SEE?!"
"CANT YOU SEE!?" exasperated Jessica in tears.
"Have you gotten a clear look on it?!"
"Do you need another demonstration?!"
"I can't be with you anymore!"
"You can't stay with me!"

"Sica.."

Yuri was so shocked at what happened right infront of her eyes.
Paralysed with fear and shock, her legs gave up on her and she fell onto the ground helplessly with watery eyes.
Tears were caught in her eyes but didnt flow down because nothing could describe how Yuri was feeling.

Betrayed?
Scared?
Angry?
Sad?

Before Jessica left Yuri, she turned to Yuri to take a last look at her beloved.

"Take care"
"Look for your deserved happiness Yul.." whispered Jessica coldly with a pair of loving yet distant eyes at Yuri.

Deep down inside Jessica's heart,
it was shattering into pieces and pieces.
Zillions, trillions and millions pieces.
It was constantly breaking and bleeding.
Running out of the mansion, Jessica was wiping her tears away.

Stepping outside the mansion, Jessica didnt stop running.
She ran and ran, while rain poured down mercilessly at her.
Only when Krystal ran up and pounced on her then did it made Jessica stop.

"Unnie!" shouted Krystal as her hair was all drenched and dripping with the rain
"I know you're sad, i know you're heartbroken"
"But dont do this to yourself"
"Dont, dont torture yourself unnie!" said Krystal as she hugged the crying Jessica tightly

"Krystal.."
"Did you know.. how much my.. heart hurt..?"
"When i.. saw how.. sad Yuri.. was..?!" cried Jessica in between sobs
"It was all my fault!"
"MY FAULT!" screamed Jessica in pain as she started punching the ground, creating a big impact on the ground with her hands bleeding and healing back within seconds.

"UNNIE!" screamed Krystal as she tried to hold Jessica back but got thrown off by Jessica easily

Unable to take it anymore, Krystal sped over to Jessica and gave her a tight slap on the cheeks of Jessica's which made Jessica stopped whatever she was doing and held a blank lost look over her face.

"Look at me unnie"
"Look" said Krystal as she cupped Jessica's face in her hands
"I know all these hurts, but remember"
"You're doing this to protect Yuri unnie"
"Protect Yuri unnie" said Krystal, emphasizing on the 3 keywords.

Jessica thought about it for a few seconds, and nodded slightly before getting up.
As Jessica got up, Krystal let out a soft sigh of relief.
But as soon as Jessica got up, her whole expression changed.
Totally, as if it was a 180degrees change.
Her eyes were cold, distant but filled with hurt.
Her tone were emotionless, cold.

"Lets go Krystal" muttered Jessica coldly as she walked off

Following behind was Krystal, shocked at the sudden change of Jessica.

"You sure you're alright unnie?" asked Krystal worriedly

Jessica just nodded slightly.

Krystal's POV

Jessica unnie's sudden change is so..
Scary..?

I've never seen her change so fast and..
Cold..?

Unnie.. i know everything hurts right now..
But, its really at least for the best of Yuri unnie..

End of Krystal's POV

Next, Krystal led Jessica into the red portal.
The underworld.
The very first step into the underworld was really eerie and creepy.
The aura that it was giving out was really scary.

Nevertheless, Jessica still walked into the underworld as if it was nothing.
Why?
Because Jessica had given up everything.
She doesnt care if she's not going to walk out alive there.
All she wanted was, to get all those things over and done with.

Walking deeper into the underworld, Jessica was stopped by a bunch of normal looking humans.

"Well, well"
"What have we got here..?" teased one of them with a sacarstically disgusting voice and a disgusting smirk

"Pretty babes, isnt it?" smirked the other

Jessica rolled her eyes and threw the piece of paper she've gotten from the Lord over to their face.
Catching the piece of paper smartly, they read and next,
their eyes turned big.

"Why are these names here?!" boomed the bunch of guys

"I.WANT.TO.SEE.THEM." answered Jessica coldly yet firm with a cold glare

"You sure?!"
"You'll have to get past us then!" smirked the guys

Right after they completed the sentence, the guys pounced onto Krystal and Jessica at a lightning speed.

Since Krystal was trained on how to fight,
those who attacked her was nothing and Krystal had them settled easily with seconds by snapping their necks.
Jessica however was the shocking one.
As soon as Krystal was done, she realised that Jessica was even faster than her.
Jessica was already standing there waiting for Krystal to finish hers.

"Wow unnie"
"You're fast.." commented Krystal in awe.

"Lets go" replied Jessica coldly as she started walking towards the deeper part of underworld after she picked up the piece of paper.

Krystal's POV

Should i say unnie's talented for this or what..?
She's really amazing..
Its like she manages to utilise her abilities so well without going through any trainings..

Lord really has something for picking her men..
But why unnie..?
Why make her suffer so much..

Sigh..

End of Krystal's POV

*PS: Sorry readers for such a delay )':
Im sorry for making this chapter not interesting.
Im sorry for this short chapter.
As a form of apology, a little drama to be added into the next few chapters.
What do you peeps think ?

I'll upload more often now since i've quitted my job(':
Anyway, still i hope to receive lots of love and comments from you peeps.

-illusion's off-