Chapter 4

That pair of distant yet loving eyes.. [HIATUS]

Driving around the neighbourhood while rain start to pour over the whole neighbourhood or even country.
The rain just gets bigger and bigger, while the wind blows stronger and stronger.
Inside the white Porsche was Jessica, getting all so worried for Krystal.

Spinning around the neighbourhood in her white Porsche,
Jessica drove by a quiet playground, and a familiar figure was sitting on the swing,
swinging herself under the rain.
From far, Jessica could feel the sadness in Krystal's eyes.

Quickly stopping her car, Jessica got out of it immediately and ran towards Krystal.
Not even bothering to open the umbrella before running towards her.
She just ran towards Krystal while fiddling with the umbrella.

Krystal's POV

Hmm..?
The rain has stopped?

End of Krystal's POV

"Hey Krystal" smiled Jessica with her hair dripping wet.
"Im sorry about Yuri"
"Dont be mad at her alright?"

"I didnt even asked you to take me in"
"You dont even know what you're asking for!" exploded Krystal in tears but couldnt be seen as the rain wash it off almost immediately while Krystal pushed Jessica onto the ground
"I dont deserve any love!"

"Hey no Krystal"
"Shhh.." hushed Jessica as she got up from the ground and hugged Krystal tightly
"Dont.."
"Dont say that.."
"You deserve, you really deserve the word LOVE"
"Dont push it away Krystal.."

"..."

Krystal's POV

Dont, dont be nice to me.
You cant, you'll regret it.
I cant do anything because you're nice to me.
I cant help you.
Dont..

End of Krystal's POV

"Come on Krystal, i'll get you to school alright?"
"I've brought your uniform"
"Its on the car" smiled Jessica as she held onto Krystal's hands and picked up the umbrella, shielded Krystal from the rain and back into her car.
"You can change on the car"
"Just pull down the curtains"
"I'll wait for you outside" said Jessica as she opened the door and stood outside the car with an umbrella.

5minutes later, Jessica heard a knock on the window and saw Krystal giving her a nod,
telling her its okay to come in now.

"Feeling better now Krystal?" smiled Jessica kindly as she started the engine, pusing the button to on the heater.
"I'll send you to school now, you know"
"Make more friends"

On the way to school, the trip was a silent one.
No one spoke.
Jessica didnt wanna speak up because if she talk to Krystal,
Krystal would still be keeping quiet and not respond.
Instead of speaking, Jessica just switched on the radio and listened to the radio news.

"Good morning to all the listeners out there"
"This is a urgent news for everyone out there"
"As everyone can see, the rain in Seoul hasnt stopped since 6.45am"
"The weather forecast sent out an emergency warning to all that the rain will not stop till late afternoon"
"So listeners please keep yourself warm as well as bring an umbrella with you at all times today to not catch a cold"

"Oh.."
"Hey Krystal, you're here" said Jessica as she stopped her car right infront of Krystal's school which attract lots of attention from the students and staff entering the campus.
"Do you have a jacket inside your bag?"
"The weather forecast says its gonna rain for long"
"And it will probably be cold" said Jessica as she looked at Krystal's bag.
"Guess its too small to have one" mumbled Jessica quietly as she turned to the back of her car and pulled out a black Adidas jacket and pass it to Krystal together with the umbrella she brought it out earlier.

Krystal just silently grabbed the items and got out of the car.
As soon as Krystal got out of the car, Jessica started sneezing as the cold wind blew into the car.
After sending Krystal off to school, Jessica drove off to the office for her meeting that was at 8am.

Back at the office, Jessica was feeling all so sick.
While massaging her aching body, a knock on the office door was heard.

"Jessica-sshi, its time for the meeting" informed the secretary politely

"Alright, be ready"
"I'll be there in 5 minutes" replied Jessica tiredly as she grabbed the documents and stood up but staggered a little as her vision started to get blurry.

Shaking her head for a few times, cleared her vision,
she then headed off to the meeting room.

Throughout the whole meeting, her whole body was feeling from bad to worst.
Unable to take it anymore, Jessica just felt like lying down.
So, she assigned the different departments on different research and post poned the whole meeting so that during the next meeting,
everything is ready and can be put in place with just a little modifications here and there.

After everyone left the meeting room, Jessica just pushed her file aside and laid her forehead against the cool glass table top with her arms spreaded over the table.

"This feels good.." mumbled Jessica weakly as she remained there for like 15 minutes before getting up and returning to her office.

Inside her office, Jessica continued reading and working on the different documents, and looking through all the contracts of the athletes as well as working on the new project to search for potential athletes for their company.
Which is also what the meeting before that was all about.

"Hmm.."
"It seems like by the end of this year, many of our athlete's contract has either ended"
"Or has reached the age where our company dont allow anymore.."
"Hard time i guess, have to search for more.." mumbled Jessica as she massaged her shoulders in pain.

"Jessica-sshi" called the secretary as she entered the office.
"Should you go home and rest?"
"You look really under weather today.." said the secretary concerned.

"Oh?"
"Its alright.." smiled Jessica weakly
"Why did you come in?"
"Do you have something for me?"

"Ah, yes"
"Jessica-sshi, i've received a call from Krystal's school"
"The one you've asked me to enrol her into"

"And..?"
"Please dont tell me she created some trouble in school.." said Jessica with a pained expression
"Im already having a bad headache after this morning.."

"Oh, dont worry about it Jessica-sshi"
"The teacher just called and told me that theres this guardian/parent bonding session with their ward/child next Friday"
"Was informing you if you wanna go"
"Its a carnival and the information has already been given to Krystal"

"Alright then.."
"Thanks" sighed Jessica as she pinched the bridge of her nose and rubbed it.
"Oh, JiEun-sshi, i think.." said Jessica as she got up from her seat wobbily.
"Think i'll leave first, im feeling really under weather.."

"Ah, yes of course you should Jessica-sshi" nodded JiEun in agreement.

"Can you please call Yuri for me?"
"I dont think im in the state to drive.."
"But dont tell her im under weather, just tell her to see me" said Jessica as she closed her eyes and leaned her head against the head rest of the chair.

"Neh Jessica-sshi" replied JiEun as she bowed to Jessica slightly and went out of the room and dialed a few numbers on the phone before speaking to it.

30 minutes later, Yuri entered Jessica's office with her bag and everything happily thinking that Jessica must have prepared her a surprise or something.
If not, she would not have asked her to leave her training early.
Of course Yuri have thought it this way because in the morning, Jessica was all fine before and didnt expect her to fall sick.

Entering Jessica's office, Yuri quickly went over to Jessica but to see Jessica looking all so pale with beads of perspiration over her.

"Sica?" called Yuri worriedly as she gave Jessica a light push but instead, realised that Jessica was burning up.

"Yul..?"
"You're here..?" smiled Jessica weakly as she tried to get up from her seat but got pushed down by Yuri with a worried expression.

"What happened?"
"Why are you burning up?" asked Yuri worriedly as she gave Jessica a quick examination.

"I think i've caught a cold.." replied Jessica weakly
"Can you drive me home?" said Jessica, pointing to the keys on the table.
"I dont think i can drive.."

"Alright, can you walk?"

"I can.." mumbled Jessica as she tried to get up and walked but staggered around really badly.
"try.." added Jessica with a weak smile.

"Aigoo.."
"How can you get yourself sick within a morning ah Sica?" sighed Yuri as she hook her bag over her neck before getting Jessica over her back.

"Bianeh Yul.."
"I didnt.. want it.. too.." replied Jessica as she closed her eyes and fell asleep on Yuri's back.

As Yuri walked out of Jessica's office, past the secretary's office,
Yuri gave her an awkward smile before rushing down to the carpark to get into Jessica's car and drive her home to rest.
As soon as they were in the car, Yuri just sped off at full speed,
ignoring the fact that she might be fined or anything.

Later part of the day,
after they've reached home,
Yuri quickly carried the unconscious Jessica back to their bedroom.

On the way up to the bedroom,
Jessica was constantly whining to Yuri unconsciously.

"Yul.."
"My body.. is aching.."
"Badly.."
"My head.. hurts.." whined Jessica unconsciously as beads of perspiration rolled down Jessica's forehead.

Laying Jessica on bed, Yuri quickly went out to get her medical supplies and sat beside Jessica with a sigh.

"And you know what..?"
"I thought you would take better care of yourself"
"So i didnt tell you this.."
"As a heart transplant patient, when you catch a small flu or cold"
"It will turn really bad for you.." mumbled Yuri to herself as she checked Jessica's temperature, blood pressure etc.

Krystal's side

"Yes Lord"
"I think our plan can go on as planned"
"My school is having a bonding carnival for students and parents"
"I think she's going" whispered Krystal softly in her room, oblivious to what was happening to Jessica.

"Ah yes"
"If she were to tag along, i'll try to divert her away"
"Yes, i'll work with him"

After ending the conversation, Krystal let out a sigh and plopped right onto her bed exhausted.
While thinking of the plan, Krystal slowly let fatique take over her.
As Krystal was sleeping in her room afterschool, Yuri however was busy with Jessica.

"Come on Sica.." hushed Yuri as she tried to help Jessica to sit up, with her arms over Jessica's shoulders.
"Here, drink some of these" said Yuri as she tried to get some water down into Jessica's system.

Jessica subconsciously tried to drink the water but instead of getting it down, Jessica's face turned green instead.
Waving to Yuri weakly with one of her hand and the other to cover , Yuri immediately knew what she wanted - the bin.

Eversince Jessica got home, she was in bed.
Throwing up when she tried taking something down her system.

"Yul.." called Jessica weak&tired.
"I cant.. take it anymore.."

"Aww.."
"Sica.." called Yuri as she brushed off the fringe of Jessica's.
"Why not i get you on the drip to lower your fever?"
"Things arent getting better with you throwing up everything"
"You cant take down fever reducer, water etc"
"You dehyrated" commented Yuri worriedly as she looked at Jessica's cracked lips.

"I thought i wouldnt get.. sick so.. easily anymore.. Yul..?"
"I thought.. i didnt want to.. rely on those.. anymore..?"

"Right, i did say that"
"But i didnt say you would be immune to colds silly!" chuckled Yuri a little
"Plus, you're a heart transplant patient Sica, you cant expect your immune system to be as strong as those who arent right?"
"And, when one's sick, you cant choose anything" explained Yuri as she stood up after carefully placing Jessica back on the bed.
"Wait for me here okay?"
"I'll make you feel better" winked Yuri before walking out of the room.

Few minutes later, Yuri came into the room with an IV rack as well as 2 bags of IV hook onto it.
Seeing it, Jessica sighed a little as she turned her head to the other side.

"Hey come on"
"It will make you feel better Sica"
"I promise" assured Yuri as she sat by Jessica's bedside and held onto Jessica's hand tenderly, wiping it with alcohol swab.
"Its just gonna pinch a little alright?"
"Im going in.."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"Alright, done" smiled Yuri as she sticked the tapes over Jessica's hands.
"Come on, look at me Sica, i'll be sad if you dont" teased Yuri as she gently tilt Jessica's head to face her but only to see a face with pained expression.
"Awww, baby Sica~"
"You'll feel better alright?"
"But you havent even told me why were you sick!"
"So now, spill it!"

"Well.."
"If i were to tell you.. promise you'll stay.. calm..?" coughed Jessica as she finished her sentence.

"Alright alright.."
"I will.." sighed Yuri as she patted Jessica's back.

"You remember this.. morning..?"
"It was.. raining right..?"
"I went.. to look for Krystal.."
"So i got a little.. i mean a little.."
"Wet.." said Jessica guiltily with her head down.

"Aigooo!"
"Pabo-ah Sica!!" sighed Yuri as she knocked onto Jessica's head.

"Ouch" squeaked Jessica with a pout.
"You promise.. you'll.. stay calm.."
"Anyway.. what time is it.. now..?"

"Now?" said Yuri as she glanced over her watch.
"Its already 6 nearing 7pm"
"You've been coming into subconscious and unconsciousness for the past 4 hours ah Sica"

"Its already that.. late.."
"Did you.. prepare dinner.. for Krystal..?"

"Look at the situation you're in ah Sica!"
"How could you still be worried for her?!"

"I have to.."
"Its.. my responsibility.."
"So have you..?"

"I dont think so of course"
"I've been by your side the whole afternoon ah Sica!"

"Oh.."
"Its okay.." said Jessica as she tried to get up weakly.
"I'll go cook.. something.. fast for her.."

"YAH!" scolded Yuri angrily as she chucked her hands on her waist.
"You better stay in bed!"
"I'll just call for some takeaway for her alright?!"

"You.. will..?" smiled Jessica innocently
"Gomawo.."

"Now you better stay in bed!"
"Let me tell you something, i wont let you out of this bed"
"Unless you're well or needs the toilet!" warned Yuri before exiting the room with her phone.

Jessica's POV

Sigh..
Its like as if things went back to few months back.
But thinking back, i think its okay.
Because its like just a cold.
At least i'll get better..

End of Jessica's POV

Krystal's side


"Gosh.."
"I hate this exceptional sensitive hearing i have here.." grumbled Krystal as she rubbed her ear
"But Jessica unnie's sick.."
"It seems as if its because of me.." sighed Krystal guiltily

Suddenly, a knock on her door was heard and the door slowly slide open.
Behind the door, was Yuri.

"Err.."
"Krystal?" called Yuri awkwardly
"Today Sica's not feeling very well so she didnt prepare you any dinner"
"But i've called for delivery" said Yuri as she walked into Krystal's room slowly.
"Could you please get it for yourself later when it comes?" added Yuri as she handed Krystal two 50,000 won bills.

"Araesso" replied Krystal coldly as she took the money over.

Yuri then sighed a little, but sat down beside Krystal.

"Krystal.."
"Can we have a little talk?"

"..."

"You know, this morning"
"I didnt mean to shout at you"
"I was just.. feeling frustrated"
"You know, Sica is someone whom i treasure so much"
"I cant bear to see anyone treating her like a trash and i dont think she deserved to be treated that way too"
"Right?"

"What are you trying to point at?" asked Krystal bluntly

"Im just trying.. to let you know im sorry for shouting at you"
"I didnt do it on intention"
"And i hope you can treat Sica a little better alright?" smiled Yuri awkwardly as she gave a light ruffle to Krystal's hair before walking out of her room.
"Enjoy your dinner later" added Yuri

Krystal's POV

Why are they being all so nice to me?
I dont deserve all these if they found out what Lord wants me to do..

End of Krystal's POV

However, on the other hand, SeungLee also had a little conversation with the Lord.

"SeungLee" called the voice coldly
"Everything has been planned out"
"All you have to do is to capture Jessica to the headquarters together with your solution next Friday and do it on her"
"Krystal will distract Yuri if shes there with Jessica"
"I want a clean job on Friday, is that clear?!"

"Yes Lord"
"I understand and will try my best"

"I dont want your trying of being best"
"I just want the best" snapped the Lord impatiently.

"Yes Lord"

"And if you need any help from haemuni"
"Just get it from her, you'll have my permission to do so" added the Lord

"Yes Lord"

"MUHAHA, soon the underworld, would be mine!"
"And you, my brother, im sure you'll regret not handling it to me!" laughed the Lord wickedly as her voice slowly faded away.

After ending the conversation with the Lord, SeungLee went out of the room to look for haemuni.

"Haemuni.." sighed SeungLee as he plopped onto the sofa lethargically.

"What?" replied haemuni impatiently

"Our plan is gonna start next Friday.."
"The Lord says so" said SeungLee bluntly

"Good, isnt it?"
"That our job is going to end soon"

"Right"
"But they are nice people"
"And im so sick of working for the Lord"
"Im being treated like an unwanted doing those useless stuff for Lord"
"Like im not even appreciated" complained SeungLee

"Hey shhh.."
"SeungLee, dont say things like this!"
"What if the Lord hears it?"
"You wanna get yourself killed?!"

"Let Lord kill me then"
"I never wanted to live" replied SeungLee coldly
"I seriously dont know where this whole soon-to-happen drama be taking us"

"Dont think about it"
"Before you think about it, it will be over" assured haemuni with an evil smirk.

"Hope so?"


*PS: Readers, sorry for the slow update.
Had been busy with my end semester exams.
Now that im on semester break, i hope i can update once every 2-3 days since i'll be going to work.
Need some extra pocket money to buy some of my wants.
Hehe.
And, so how is this chapter?
Boring?
Well, the core line of the story is going to start in 1-3chapter's time.
Please try to anticipate it? /:
Side track a little, readers, did anyone of you bought any BABY-G watches endorsed by SNSD?
I wanted to buy the watch Jessica endorsed but it was sold out nationwide in Singapore )':
Sigh.

And, Selamat Hari Raya to all my muslims readers out here!
Follow @author_illuland on Twitter for the story updates or just to ask my questions regarding my fics!

-illusion's off-