Chapter 8

That pair of distant yet loving eyes.. [HIATUS]

An hour later, Jessica slowly recovered from the incident and felt that her body was overflowing with energy.
While she was observing the room, a figure appeared from the darkness and stood right infront of her.
Removing her black hood, there stood a woman with an arrogant smirk.

"Who are you?!" asked Jessica immediately
"Why did you capture me?!"
"And what did you do to me?!" demanded Jessica as her eyes once again, glowed in a bright shade of blue.

"Calm down pretty" said Hyoyeon calmly as she sat down beside Jessica and slowly released the stuff that were tying her down.
"Why are you so worked up?"
"I've made you so much more healthier then before" laughed Hyoyeon

As soon as Jessica was released, she got to her feets and started running away from Hyoyeon.
But fell to her knees almost immediately after Hyoyeon focused her eyes at Jessica which made her felt that same pain Krystal went through just now.

"STOP!"
"PLEASE STOP!" begged Jessica as tears streamed down her face.
"PLEASE!!"

"Alright"
"Now would like to hear me out?" asked Hyoyeon as she walked towards Jessica and squatted down beside her.

Bringing up Jessica's head, Hyoyeon smirked.

"Well, here you are at the headquarters of Enersion"
"Im the founder Kim Hyoyeon but no one calls me anything else except for Lord"
"I expect you to do the same" hissed Hyoyeon with annoyance
"And, now you're my people"
"You work for me"
"If you dont, i dont know what will happen to your loved ones"

"What are you trying to do?!"
"DONT, i repeat DONT TOUCH YURI!" screamed Jessica

"Of course darling"
"Of course i wont unless you dont COOPERATE with me" said Hyoyeon, stressing the word 'COOPERATE'.
"Now, lets get a few things straight"
"Here you are, at my place"
"You better show me the due respect or i wont know what will happen to you pretty"
"And, before i tell you what are you here for"
"I think you need to attend some lessons" chuckled Hyoyeon evily and snapped her fingers.

From far, a familiar figure was walking towards them.
Taking a closer look, it was Krystal.

"Krystal?"
"Why are you still here?!"
"What have you done to her?!" exclaimed Jessica as she glared at Hyoyeon

"RESPECT!" hissed Hyoyeon as she focused her eyes at Jessica once again and Jessica felt onto the ground immediately with pain.

"Please, my Lord"
"Please, stop"
"I'll teach her about it" pleaded Krystal as she knelt before Hyoyeon

"BETTER!" demanded Hyoyeon as she stormed out of the room.

Right after Hyoyeon left, Krystal quickly scurried to Jessica's side and helped her up.

"You alright?"

"Krystal, why are you here?"
"Just escape this place, i can see that that Hyoyeon or whatsoever isnt a good person to start with" said Jessica concernly
"And SeungLee too!"

"No.."
"We cant unnie.."
"Let me explain to you" said Krystal as she led Jessica to another brightly lit room.
"This is my room"
"Sit here unnie"

Jessica just sat down while Krystal went to get Jessica a cup of drink before settling beside her.

"Everything started a long time ago"
"SeungLee and I basically went through the same thing when we were young"
"We were abused by our parents to the extend that we were on the verge of fighting for our lives one night"
"Lying on the ground motionlessly with blood oozing out of our wounds.." sighed Krystal as her eyes filled with sadness.
"And it was Lord who picked us up, brought us back here.."
"Eventually, she changed us.."

"Changed you?"

Krystal nodded and continued.

"Unnie, look carefully at my eyes" instructed Krystal as Jessica focused on Krystal's eyes but only to see the bright orange glow in her eyes.
"Saw the orange glow?"
"I hate the current me now"
"I rather be dead than being here"
"But i wasnt given a choice.."

"Whats with the orange glow Krystal?"

"Im not longer a human being unnie.."
"My cells are all dead.."
"Its like im a living dead.."
"SeungLee is too.."
"Or should i say, everyone here is" explained Krystal sadly
"And some of us will posses a special ability through the transformation while some dont.."

"How about you and SeungLee?"

"Me?"
"After being transformed, because i started developing a really amazing hearing ability which might be of help for the Lord"
"Thats why she kept me close to her.."
"As for SeungLee, because hes born smart and has his way of fiddling with chemical stuff"
"Lord kept him close too, to help him work on better solutions to transform her people stronger"
"Or should i say, her piece of chess"
"We're just her chess, she's the player"
"We, being transformed will posses extraordinary strength, speed and immortality"
"We dont get hurt by humans or anything that hurts human dont hurt us"
"But we do have our own ways of getting hurt or being sick"
"Thats the thing that Lord wants to get rid of and has been urging SeungLee to come up with something to counter it"

"How about.. me..?" asked Jessica slowly as she took a big gulped.

"Unnie.."
"You remember few hours ago?"
"I've injected the syringe right and straight into your chest?"
"That excruciating pain you went through for minutes?"

Jessica nodded.

"Thats the transformation"
"And a good news is, your health isnt of any problem anymore"
"But dont know why was yours that excruciatively painful"
"Mine wasnt as much as yours as well as SeungLee's"

"Thats because that solution was much stronger than ours" explained SeungLee who walked into Krystal's room without even knocking.

"Thats rude" snapped Krystal bluntly as she rolled her eyes at SeungLee
"How can you eavesdrop?!"

"Who asked you to not close your door then?"
"Well, back to the solution"
"It was meant to create someone much more powerful than an army of us"
"To help Lord fulfil his mighty ambition"
"And Lord chose you to take up this responsiblity"

"Why me?"
"Im just a nobody"

"Because..."
"I dont understand although i asked it once"
"Lord says it was because you're able to go through lots of pain but still survived it"
"But i dont think that reason seemed legit enough" shrugged SeungLee as he plopped down onto Krystal's bed.

Jessica sighed as her eyes got teary.

"What time is it now Krystal?"

"Why?"
"Its already dawn"

"Dawn?!"
"What about Yul?!"
"She must be worried sick about us!" exclaimed Jessica in tears
"Can i leave now?"

"Im afraid not unnie"
"Lord wouldnt allow you to leave yet"

"Yeah, better not"
"I bet you've tasted Lord's mental torture and wouldnt want it again" added SeungLee in agreement

"Then Krystal, will go back and help me look after Yuri?"
"I bet she's flipping the whole school upside down to look for me" said Jessica worriedly

"Alright, i'll go"
"And please, give Lord the respect she wants"
"If not, your days would be excruciatingly painful yet slow" warned Krystal before leaving the room.

"So, what are you supposed to do now?" asked SeungLee as he got off Krystal's bed.
"What did Lord say?"

"I dont know.."
"I seemed to piss the of of her.."
"She just stormed off.."
"Im afraid SeungLee, i really am"
"She told me she would harm my loved ones if i dont cooperate.."
"I cant bring any harm to Yuri, i just simply cant.."

"Well, then cooperate"
"Look at us, been doing things we hated for years"
"Krystal and I was so reluctant to bring you in but was forced"
"Did you know how hard it was for us because you were treating us far too good?"

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"SeungLee-sshi" greeted one of the servants with his head down
"Lord is wishes for Jessica-sshi's presence at her study room"

"Alright, she'll leave in 1 minute"
"I'll bring her there" replied SeungLee coolly as he motioned for the servant to get back to their work post.
"So," started SeungLee
"Guess we'll go before anything bad happens"
"Dont worry unnie" smiled SeungLee assuringly
"I'll look out for you"

Leading Jessica into the study room, SeungLee slowly closed the study room door and stood outside to wait for Jessica.

"Well well, so what have your beloved dongsaeng taught you?"

Jessica just kept quiet.

"Alright, its okay to keep quiet" laughed Hyoyeon
"Well, now the mission here is i want you to go and hunt down these people"
"To train out your newly found skills"
"Im sure Krystal has told you about your extraordinary strengths, speed and immortality right?"
"Wait, arent you thankful to me?"
"You're immortal now" laughed Hyoyeon sacarstically

"No" replied Jessica bluntly with not a tad of emotion in her eyes

"Whatever" snapped Hyoyeon impatiently as she threw Jessica a tiny piece of paper.
"Go, hunt those bastards down"
"Snap their necks before i snap your loved ones" warned Hyoyeon with authority.

Jessica read the list and her expression changed.

Jessica's POV

Lycans?
Im actually gonna hunt Lycans down?!
How could i?!

I cant bring myself to do this..
Im turning into a monster if i do so..
What about Yuri..?
If i dont, Hyoyeon will definitely harm her..
What can i do..?

Hmm..
Maybe i should..?

End of Jessica's POV

"Lycans?!"
"Underworld?!"
"How do i get there?!"
"I might just die before them!" exclaimed Jessica unbelievably

"Die?" chuckled Hyoyeon
"Did i just hear the word die?"
"Oh please, so what on Earth are the immortality for?"

However, on the other hand,
Yuri did not know what happened and was panicking all around calling and calling for Jessica's phone but was directed to the voicemail.

Yuri's POV

Where are you Sica?
You're making me all so worried now..
Why arent you back yet?!
Its already been a night..
And Krystal too..
I've got a really bad feeling about this..
Dont tell me something bad happened to the both of you..
I cant lose you Sica..
I cant..

End of Yuri's POV

Yuri sat by her study table and held onto the photoframe of Jessica and herself,
smiling happily at each other.
Pinching the bridge of her nose, a tear fell from Yuri's weary eyes.
Yuri had a really weird, insecure feeling about Jessica that couldnt be described in words.

Just then, Yuri heard a soft knock on her door.
Turning around almost immediately, Yuri saw Krystal with a sympathetic and sad expression on her face.

"Krystal?!"
"Where did you go?!"
"Are you alright?" asked Yuri worriedly as she spinned Krystal around

"Im fine unnie.." replied Krystal, this time not coldly anymore.
"Jessica unnie.."
"She.."

"Sica?!"
"Where is she?!"
"I thought she were with you!"

"Jessica unnie.. cant come back to you anymore Yuri unnie.."
"Neither can i.."
"I came back here to tell you about it.."

"Why?!"
"You must be kidding me Krystal"
"How can Sica not be coming back to me?!"
"This is too sudden!" asked Yuri panickly as she grabbed onto Krystal's shoulders and shook her violently.

"No!" shouted Krystal as she slapped Yuri
"This is the truth!"
"You cant stop it, cant change it!"
"Neither can i!"
"Its no longer within our control!" exasperated Krystal in tears.

Yuri dropped to her knees, in disbelief with tears stuck in her eyes.

"Unnie.." called Krystal softly as she hugged on Yuri
"I will.."
"I will make Jessica unnie to come back and bid goodbye to you, at least alright?"

"Noo.." sobbed Yuri
"I dont want to say goodbye Krystal.."
"I dont want to, how can you come in so suddenly and tell me i have to say goodbye to Sica..?"
"What is going on..?"
"Can you at least fill me in..?"

"Unnie.."
"Some things are better left there unlearnt"
"Its gonna hurt you further if you knew about the truth.."
"Plus, i guess time will let you know everything.."
"Unnie, choseonghamnida.." whispered Krystal before landing a hard knock on Yuri's head and Yuri fell limps into Krystal's arms immediately.

Carrying her up, Krystal left the devasted Yuri on the bed and left the room after taking a final look at Yuri.

"Im sorry unnie.."
"Nothing has ever been in my control.."
"Trust me, i've never wanted things to be like this.." whispered Krystal sadly as she left the room in regrets

*PS: I've updated again! (:
Hope you readers will like it!
I dont have much time to update but will try to update as much as possible because im currently..
working!
I wna buy the watch Jessica had endorsed for BABY-G but has been sold out nationwide in Singapore.
I've requested one of the watch dealer to get the watch for me, so i have to earn some money now.
(':
Readers, cheer me on!

And once again, please tell me if this chapter is confusing or so.
If it is, i can write the next chapter to clear things up for you.
Follow me @author_illuland on Twitter.
I do follow back, like always.
Thanks to @alexandertermo for her constant urge to make me update!
Thanks for all your kind support!

-illusion's off-