Chapter 5

That pair of distant yet loving eyes.. [HIATUS]

The next morning, Jessica's cold still did not get any better but gotten worse as cough, runny nose and sore throat joined the game.
Lying on the bed, feeling all so weak and tired, Jessica couldnt help but teared up at how lousy she was feeling.
She couldnt even fall asleep thanks to all the coughing fits she has been getting.
Just then, Yuri entered the room with a concerned expression.

"Sica, what happened?"
"Why are you tearing up?" asked Yuri as she placed her warms hands onto Jessica's cheeks, using her thumb to wipe off Jessica's tears.

"Yul.." sobbed Jessica
"Im feeling.. really awful.."

"Awww.." hushed Yuri as she hugged Jessica lovingly
"I know i know, just bear with it"
"You'll feel better alright?"
"Its a Saturday today, you'll feel better soon cause im sure you'll wanna return to work on Monday right?" smiled Yuri as she patted Jessica's head.

Behind the door, was Krystal watching everything.
After witnessing how awful Jessica was because of her,
guilt started hitting Krystal inside out but then again,
she couldnt help it.
She cant defy the Lord, she cant.
She owed her life to the Lord now even though she wasnt even given a chance to choose.

Krystal's POV

Sigh.
Why am i in such a situation that i..
This is frustrating..
Nevermind, i'll just get it over and done with.
Fast.
Its a Saturday today and soon,
it'll be a Friday and my job would be done.

End of Krystal's POV

"Yul.." called Jessica softly
"You havent.. slept the whole night.. right..?" asked Jessica, with a tint of guiltiness in her eyes.

"Sica, dont worry about me" smiled Yuri assuringly as she looked up from the file she's been reading.
"And Sica, how long have we been back here after your transplant?"

"I guess.. its around.. 3 months..?"

"Shouldnt you be back to the hospital for a checkup already Sica?" asked Yuri with a frown

Cringing at the word 'hospital', Jessica just kept quiet.
She knew about it, but just didnt want to head back to the hospital.

"I..err.."

"Sica, why are you like this?"
"Because im busy with my training doesnt mean i dont have the time to accompany you for your checkup"
"Didnt you know that after getting a transplant, you have to go back regularly for checkup"
"Tell you what, i'll arrange it for you the checkupon Wednesday although its a little late" said Yuri with firm voice.

"Can i say.. no?"
"Yul, i dont like to return there"

"Sica, you have to"
"Plus its not like you're going to be admitted there"
"Its just a one day procedure" explained Yuri
"And i think your current cold, your medicine after the surgery was partly to be blamed" added Yuri as she flipped through the brown file.

"Why..?"

"Because, the doctor assigned you to take Azathioprine to reduce the heart being rejected"
"But this medicine reduces your white blood cells which also means that you'll be more prone to infection and bleeding.."
"Probably thats why you got it like so badly now" explained Yuri seriously.
"You rest first alright, i'll go make a call with the doctor"

Jessica's POV

Sigh..
Yul, i hate the hospital.
Why force me to the hospital..?
Im fine, perfectly fine..

End of Jessica's POV

After Yuri left the room to make a phone call, Jessica fell back into her deep slumber.
She was extremely exhausted, felt like she had been stepped over by elephants for millions of times and her body seem to be breaking.

For the next three days, Jessica spent it on her bed as her fever just dont refuse to break.
Mr Jung, who heard of the news of Jessica falling ill came immediately to visit her but was assured by Jessica that she was fine.
Its just a common cold.

"Sooyeon"
"Dont tell appa you're fine alright?"
"Show me that you are"
"I dont want you to lie in your bed and tell me that" sighed Mr Jung worriedly looking at the pale face.

"Im fine.. really.."
"My fever broke.. last night.."
"Im just.. feeling a little weak.."

"Your fever has been running for 3-4 days from what i've heard"
"Yuri said that" added Mr Jung which caused Yuri to earn a death glare from Jessica

Yuri quickly put up her hands, as if she was surrendering to Jessica and mouth "bianeh, your appa was just worried".

"But my.. fever just broke.."
"Im fine now.."

"A fever that wont go off for 3-4 days isnt fine Sooyeon" said Mr Jung disapprovingly with a worried frown on his face.

"Araesso araesso.."
"Appa.. dont you have to go for a meeting?"
"You should get going.. now"
"Im sure.. a CEO shouldnt.. be late.. right..?" smiled Jessica as she urged Mr Jung to leave.

Looking at his watch, Mr Jung sighed and stood up from Jessica's bed.

"I guess i should leave now"
"Take care of yourself and Yuri"
"You better take care of her before i bring her back to take care of her myself" warned Mr Jung with a smile on his face.

"I will" replied Yuri with a slight bow
"Anyeonghi kaseyo"

After Mr Jung left their mansion, Yuri got over to Jessica's side and helped her up.

"Come on Sica, its time for you to get to the hospital" said Yuri
"Do you wanna get a change of clothes or you just wanna leave like that?"

"I'll wanna get a shower Yul" sighed Jessica as she slowly staggered into the bathroom weakly with the help of Yuri
"I'll call you when i need you"

"Alright"
"I'll wait for you outside"

15 minutes later, Jessica slowly walked out of the bathroom.

"Feeling better?" smiled Yuri as she looked up from the magazine that was on her hands.

"Definitely"
"Anyway.. Where is Krystal?"

"Krystal?"
"She is in school i guess"
"But should be returning home anytime soon" replied Yuri nonchalently

"Shall we go.. pick her up now..?"
"Then after my checkup.. we'll bring her for some..thing nice..?" suggested Jessica as she grabbed her bag and headed down to the car with the support of Yuri.
"So..?" asked Jessica as she couldnt make up her mind which car to take because if its just Yuri and herself, they would take Yuri's black Porsche since Jessica wasnt in the state to drive.

"Its up to you"
"Im fine with anything" smiled Yuri

"Alright.. then we'll go pick Krystal up.. first" said Jessica as she moved over to their newly bought car Audi S5 Cabriolet and threw Yuri the car keys.

Settling herself comfortably in the car, Jessica pressed for the hood to be opened up.

"Hmm.. fresh air.." mumbled Jessica

As Yuri drove to Krystal's school, they were attracting so much attention from the students due to their luxurious car.
As soon as Krystal walked out and saw them, Jessica gave her best shout at Krystal.

"Krystal!"
"Here! Get on!" smiled Jessica weakly as she waved her hands at Krystal.

Krystal rolled her eyes and quickly got on the car.

"Hey Krystal"

"..."

"Krystal, we're going for something delicious" said Jessica with a smile.
"But i'll have to head off to the hospital first"
"Is that alright with you?"
"It'll be fast i promise"
"Give me an hour and i'll be done"

"Yeah" answered Krystal coldly, avoiding eye contact with Jessica.

"How have you been doing in school?"
"Coping well?"

"Yeah"

Jessica sighed softly at her replies.
Jessica wondered, wondered when can she ever open up Krystal's door to her heart.
But nevertheless, she'll try.

At the hospital, Jessica and Yuri left Krystal right outside the examination room,
which is also the doctor's office.

"Yul, stay here with Krystal"
"I'll be fine alone" said Jessica as she entered the room after changing into the hospital gown.

"You sure?" asked Yuri doubtingly

"Of course"
"I'll be out soon" smiled Jessica awkwardly as she entered the examination room.

The room was filled with antiseptic solution's smell which made Jessica's heart to pound a little faster than usual.
She was actually not okay to be alone, its been sometime since she came back to the hospital.
She herself, was scared.

"Hello Jessica-sshi" greeted the female doctor with a smile.
"How're you feeling now?"

"Fine..?" answered Jessica nervously

"Sounds great" smiled the doctor
"Now i need you to get on this bed, lie down and relax alright?"

Jessica nodded nervously and got on the bed, regulating her breathing so as to reduce the nervousness.

"To brief you about what i'll be doing first"
"The nurse here will be putting up an IV for you later after i've finished briefing you"
"And i'll get you you the anesthetic through the IV and a local one on your neck"
"After that, i'll start the biopsy"
"After the whole biospy, you might feel groggy and all due to the sedative i'll be giving"
"But im sure Dr.Kwon can take good care of you" smile the doctor
"And, please close your eyes for now Jessica-sshi"
"Dr.Kwon told me you've actually developed a phobia for needles"

"Oh.. okay.." answered Jessica softly as she closed her eyes.

Right after she closed her eyes, she felt a prick on her hands and jerked back immediately but was pulled back by a stronger force.

"Jessica-sshi, i heard that you were running a fever for 4 days straight.."
"Am i right..?"

"Neh.."

"Oh okay, dont worry"
"Im sure its just the medication that has been weakening your immune system which explains the slow recovery" said the doctor as she wiped Jessica's neck with an alcohol swab.

"Thats what Yuri said too" replied Jessica, slightly relaxed but tensed up again when she felt yet another prick at her neck, that was going in deeper and jerked at the prick.

"Hey dont, Jessica-sshi, just awhile"
"Its the local anesthetic im giving" cooed the doctor as she motioned for the nurses to hold her in.
"Its just going to hurt awhile, i promise"

Few seconds later, the doctor smiled and pulled out the jab.

"Done, just wait for a few minutes and i'll start"

"Dr, how long is this going to take?"

"An hour or more?"
"Why?"

"Can you make it within an hour?"
"I've something on" replied Jessica

"I can, if you cooperate with me and dont flinge here and there" replied the doctor as she sat down beside Jessica with a long catheter in her hands.
"If you move around, i'll have to stop and everything" explained the doctor
"While doing the biopsy, you'll just feel the pressure at the part where it is done"
"But nothing unbearable" explained the doctor as she inserted the catheter slowly into Jessica's neck.

Within 45 minutes, the doctor removed the catheter while the nurse removed the IV.

"There, im done"
"See?"
"It was okay right?" smiled the doctor as Jessica opened her eyes.

Jessica just smiled.

"Can i leave now?" asked Jessica impatiently

"You wanna leave?"
"So fast?" sighed the doctor
"Go get Dr.Kwon in" instructed the doctor to one of the nurse.

Within minutes, Yuri entered the room with a smile on her face while giving the doctor a thankful pat on her shoulder.

"Dr.Kwon, she wants to go"
"Maybe you would like to bring to change"
"Cause the anesthetic will make her groggy" said the doctor while preparing Jessica's heart tissue for a test.

"Sure"
"Thanks" replied Yuri as she helped Jessica out to change and came back 10 minutes later and brought Krystal out for their promised lunch.

"Close your eyes and take a rest first Sica"
"I'll wake you up when we're there" said Yuri as she started the engine of the car.

"Thanks Yul" smiled Jessica tiredly

"Hey Krystal, where do you wanna eat?"
"Jessica wanted to bring you to a restaurant that serves Italian"
"You mind?"

"Anything" replied Krystal coldly

"Alright then"
"Italian dishes, here we come!"

Jessica's POV

Woah..
The biopsy dont hurt..
But it was extremely uncomfortable..
Thank god i managed to keep it down.
If not, Yuri's gonna get real worried when im gonna take a long time in the room.

End of Jessica's POV

At the restaurant, Jessica was trying to keep herself as energetic as possibly but the drug given to her was pulling her down.

"So Krystal, do you want to tell me more about the upcoming event on Friday?" asked Jessica

"No"

"Why Krystal?"
"You dont like unnie?"

"No"

"Krystal.." sighed Jessica
"How am i gonna help you when you dont open your heart to us?" asked Jessica worriedly