Chapter 1

That pair of distant yet loving eyes.. [HIATUS]

"Hey Yul~" called Jessica sweetly as she placed her arms around Yuri's waist from the back.
"What are you doing?"

"Cooking something for you of course"
"Breakfast babe" chuckled Yuri a little as she stirred the pot of soup before turning off the stove.
"Now, go and wash up"
"Pali pali!" said Yuri, patting Jessica's .

"Aniyo~"
"I dont wanna wash up"
"Why not you help me brush my teeth and wash my face?" asked Jessica with a wicked grin

"Me?"
"You sure?" replied Yuri, wriggling her eyebrows suspiciously

"Errr.."
"Of course not!" giggled Jessica cutely as she ran off into the bathroom
"I dont want to be forced down on ammonia by you~"

"YAH!"
"Since when will i ever do that to you!" shouted Yuri as she started laying out the table.
"That girl~"
"Always that playful" muttered Yuri softly under her breath with a soft chuckle, unable to thank the whoever it is, to make her life so complete now.

A few minutes later, Jessica came out of the bathroom with a towel over her shoulders.

"Im back~" giggled Jessica as she sat down on her seat.
"Hmm.."
"Smells.."

"Smells?" asked Yuri anxiously while observing Jessica's expression.

"Smells.."
"Smells.."
"Bad.."

"Bad?" replied Yuri disappointedly as she stared at the pot of soup expressionless.

"I was just kidding!"
"I mean, it smells the opposite of bad Yul!" said Jessica as she burst into laughters and hugged Yuri.
"Which of course, is deliciously nice!"

"Its just you~"
"you~" sighed Yuri relieved as she pinched Jessica's nose slightly with a weak smile.
"Only you will do all these to tease me"

"Of course its just me!"
"Who do you want to do it to you instead of me?"
"Nickhun?" chuckled Jessica as she scooped a bowl of soup for Yuri and herself before sitting down to drink it.

"Sica.."
"Im not.."

"I know!"
"Omo!"
"Why are you so sensitive?!"
"Im just kidding you know"
"I trust you more than myself" laughed Jessica as she gave Yuri a cute wink.

"Aigoo~" exasperated Yuri in distress which made Jessica burst into yet another fit of laughters

"Yul!"
"Stop taking all my words so seriously!!"
"You're so cute todayy!"

"Am i?" asked Yuri as she scratched the back of her head confusely.

"Nevermind, lets just finish up this soup alright?"

While finishing the soup, Jessica's head suddenly shot up and cursed.

"!"
"Omo, Yul!"
"We're in deep !"

"Wae?"
"Whats wrong now?"

"We've totally forgotten about SeungLee and his haelmuni!!" exclaimed Jessica in shocked
"I was supposed to pass them their monthly expenses!!"
"And its been more than 2 months since we last visited them!!" gasped Jessica
"Yul, im going up to change and leave for their house now" said Jessica as she hurriedly left the dinning table and rushed up to her room to get a change of clothes, leaving Yuri at the dinning table stunned.

After thinking for a few minutes, Yuri had finally understood what was going on.
So following behind, she went back into the room with Jessica to get a change of clothes.
I mean, they are married so of course, they are sleeping in the same room.

"Oh Yul?"
"You're here too?" said Jessica as she came out of the bathroom

"Yup, give me 5 minutes"
"Im leaving with you" smiled Yuri before shutting the bathroom door close.

"Araesso"
"Be quick Yul, i'll have to withdraw some cash too"
"Have not gotten sufficient on my hands now"

"Okay okay im coming~"
"Stop rushing me~" shouted Yuri from the bathroom

Within 5 minutes, the duo were all changed and went straight out of their new house immediately.
Their newly built house was a present from both their parents.
Jessica's dad and Yuri's mum.
The two parents spent a lot of effort on getting the mini mansion prepared for them.
It was seriously a really beautiful house.
Around 70-80% of their house were made of glass windows, and not those ordinary glass windows but those expensive ones which does not make their house feel extremely hot during summer.
Apart from that, there was a special jacuzzi pool on the 2nd level of their mansion in the open at the back of the mini mansion.
The back of the mini mansion was a pretty greeny quiet forest, which is perfect for the jacuzzi.
On the first level, which is also the ground level of the mini mansion, there were 4 parking lots.
2 were for Jessica's & Yuri's car, while the other 2 were for guests.

Behind their minimansion, it was a beautifully groomed garden.
Filled with sweet smelling flowers once you stepped into the garden, giving out a paradise feeling.
It was indeed anyone's ideal home, and especially at night, when its dark and lights are switched on,
the mini-mansion was extremely mesmerizing.

"Sica, you driving or me?" asked Yuri as she spinned her black Porsche keys with her index  fingers.

"Guess i'll drive" volunteered Jessica as she pressed the button on her white Porsche keys and walked towards it swiftly.

Following behind was Yuri who swiftly got into the seat beside her.

"You sure you're gonna drive in this panic state?" teased Yuri as she pulled her seatbelt over her.
"You know, you dont have to be so panicky over this"
"You gave them more than enough per month and im sure they had a little savings right?"

"Even so, its still my responsibility to take care of them"
"Isnt it?"
"I owe them far too much.." mumbled Jessica as she started the engine.

Within seconds, her white porsche just took off.

"Hey Sica.." called Yuri as she held onto the handle fitted above the windows tight.
"Relax.."
"They are fine alright?"
"You see, no news equals to good news" assured Yuri as she put her hands over Jessica's one which was on the gear of the porsche.

"I cant help it Yul"
"Sometimes, no news can equals to bad news"
"What if they dont have enough money for food?"
"SeungLee is still growing, he needs to have plenty of food!"
"If not, he'll get sick easily!"

"It wont be so unlucky you know" sighed Yuri
"SeungLee looks strong" added Yuri as she patted Jessica's hands
"Drive fast, but with care alright?"
"We're just starting our new phase of life, i dont wanna die immediately" teased Yuri

"I know"
"Okay.."
"Yul, give me a few minutes" said Jessica as she turned into a petrol station.
"Gotta go withdraw some cash for them" added Jessica before exiting the car.

Few minutes later, Jessica came back into the car and left her bag behind her seat.
Putting her seatbelt back on and taking a deep breath, Jessica started driving off again.
But this time, with a calmer pace.

"Feels better~" said Yuri
"Thats the way Sica"
"Dont let the panic take over you"
"Everything's gonna be just fine"
"And if just like you said, its all so not fine"
"Touchwood, SeungLee or his haemuni really got sick for whichever reason"
"There's still me here, right?" smiled Yuri as she flicked her long bushy hair at Jessica with a wink

"Oh right.."
"I guess so"

15 minutes of drive, the two had finally reached the bottom of SeungLee's house.
Because the streets were narrow, they had to climb all the way up.
While climbing, Jessica was panting badly at the steep slope.

"You okay Sica?" asked Yuri worriedly

"Yup im fine"
"I just simply dont.. understand.."
"Why must.. this slope.. be that.. steep..!" grumbled Jessica
"And why.. arent you.. panting..?" gasped Jessica

"You're so cuteeee Sica!"
"Im a swimmer!"
"If im gonna start panting and gasping for air over such small light exercises"
"I think i would have to throw away all my medals"
"Especially the gold ones" chuckled Yuri as she held onto Jessica tightly
"By the way, why not we get them an apartment near us?"
"And move SeungLee to the school near us so its easier for us to take care of them" suggested Yuri

"Sounds great"
"We'll ask them about it once we reaches their house"
"I wont wanna climb anymore" sighed Jessica

"Araesso araesso" grinned Yuri as she pinched Jessica's pinky cheeks
"Come on Sica, we're reaching"

SeungLee's side

"Quick SeungLee"
"Get back up to your room and on the bed, i can hear their footsteps"
"They are coming" whispered the haelmuni to SeungLee who was fiddling with the test tubes and chemicals lying around the dark underground room.

"Araesso" replied SeungLee who rolled his eyes while putting down what he was doing and ran up to his room and on his bed,
feigning to be sick.

Soon, knockings on the door was heard.

"Haemuni!"
"SeungLee!!" shouted Jessica outside of their house

"Coming coming!" replied haemuni as she rushed out to open the door for Yuri and Jessica
"Anyeonghaseyo Jessica-sshi and Yuri-sshi"
"Its been a some time since i last saw you two" smiled haemuni as she showed Yuri and Jessica the way in.

"We're extremely sorry haemuni" apologised Jessica with a 90degrees bow
"It was my fault"
"We went on a 2 months honeymoon and had totally forgotten to give you your monthly expenses" said Jessica guiltily as she fumbled her bag and came out with a stack of cash.
"Here, haemuni"
"Take these, here's 10,000,000won" added Jessica as she passed the stack of cash to the haemuni
"Your monthly expenses for the last two month as well as this"
"Im so sorry for neglecting you"

"Yup we're really sorry about it haemuni"
"By the way, where is SeungLee?" asked Yuri as she looked around the house curiously
"Shouldnt he be here during this period of time?"

"Oh.."
"SeungLee fell ill" sighed haemuni
"He got pushed into the pond by his classmates 2 days ago in school"
"And caught a cold"

"What?!" exasperated Jessica in shock
"They are just merely kids, how could they?!"
"Have you brought SeungLee to the doctor?" asked Jessica worriedly as she rushed to SeungLee's bedroom

"I cant.."
"Didnt have the money to.." sighed haemuni as she shook her head

"Im sorry haemuni"
"Its all my fault.."

"Hey Sica, its okay" said Yuri as she placed her hand on Jessica's shoulder with a smile
"You've got me right?"
"Dont worry, let me take a look"

"Oh right"
"Haemuni, Yuri's a doctor"
"She can take a look at SeungLee" said Jessica, pointing to the unconscious SeungLee.

"Really?"
"Okay then" said haemuni as she exited the room with Jessica.

Minutes later, Yuri came out of SeungLee's room.

"How is he Yul?"

"Oh, SeungLee caught a bad cold"
"Thats all" smiled Yuri
"Dont worry, i've given him a jab"
"And he should be fine too"
"Oh and here, the medicine that can be bought from the pharmacy" said Yuri as she passed haemuni a piece of paper

"Wow"
"When did you even bring a jab out?" asked Jessica dumbfounded

"I've always been bringing my own mini doctor kit" said Yuri as-a-matter-of-factly as she showed Jessica a brown A5 size leather pouch.

"Oh, no wonder"
"Its best not to get sick when you're with me" mumbled Jessica with a soft chuckle

"What did you say?"

"Nothing~" smiled Jessica sweetly

"Here, Jessica-sshi" said haemuni as she came over with a tray of drinks but accidentatally bumped onto Jessica and the tray of drinks fell and broke into pieces on the floor.
"Omo!!"
"Im so sorry Jessica-sshi!!" apologised haemuni panickly

Jessica, whom was shocked at what happen was wiping away the drinks on her clothes.
Yuri who was beside came to see if Jessica was okay with a frowned look.

"What?"

"Are you okay?" asked Yuri

"Of course i am" said Jessica as she bent down to the ground and started picking up the broken pieces of glass

"Its alright Jessica-sshi"
"I'll clean it up"
"Its my fault afterall" apologised haemuni as she started fiddling around with the broken pieces of glass and accidentally hit Jessica whose hands were also on the broken glass pieces.

"Ouch!" squeaked Jessica as blood started oozing out of her index finger.

"Cheongmal chaeseonghamnida Jessica-sshi!" apologised haemuni yet again
"Im too clumsy today!!" said haemuni as she swiftly got a hankerchief from her pocket and wiped the wound of Jessica's fingers.

"Its alright haemuni"
"You must be tired after taking care of SeungLee" smiled Jessica assuringly

"Let me take a look, Sica" said Yuri worriedly as she swiftly grabbed onto Jessica's hands

"Yul, dont be so worried"
"Its just a small cut" chuckled Jessica cutely

"How could i?"
"I said i wont let you get hurt anymore!"
"Now go and have your hands washed!"
"I'll clear this up" instructed Yuri as she pushed Jessica out of the way.

"Im so sorry Yuri-sshi"
"Its all my fault" said haemuni with a slight bow

"Hey haemuni" said Yuri whom immediately responded to her bow
"Dont, dont bow at me"
"Its alright, accidents do happen" smiled Yuri as she carefully picked up the broken pieces of glass.
"Dont worry about it, just go get a seat"

After Jessica had her finger washed, plaster on while Yuri had finished clearing the mess,
they bowed to haemuni again before leaving their house.

"Kamshahamnia Jessica-sshi and Yuri-sshi"
"Thanks for dropping by" said haemuni with a weak smile
"Im so sorry for today"

"Aniya"
"Its okay haemuni" replied Jessica with a smile
"Dont take it to heart"

"Yeah its fine"
"Dont worry about anything just take good care of yourself and SeungLee"
"Call us if you need any help"
"Even if its a little help you need, we'll do it for you" smiled Yuri politely with a bow

"Thats right haemuni"
"Do call us if SeungLee doesnt feel any better"
"Bye, will visit soon!" bowed Jessica lastly before heading off with Yuri.

On the way down to Jessica's porsche, Jessica and Yuri were holding onto each others' hand,
chatting happily down the road.

"Hey Sica" called Yuri suddenly
"Dont you think its weird today?"
"Like everything that had happened?"

"Like what?"

"Like SeungLee's sick"
"Dropped the tray, bumped onto you"
"Had your fingers cut"
"Isnt it like too much of a coincidence?"

"Oh really?"
"I didnt really notice it Yul"
"Probably you're thinking far too much"
"You're always thinking a lot whenever we visit here"

"Probably.."

SeungLee's side

"Hey SeungLee"
"We've finally managed to get Jessica's blood sample" said haemuni with a wicked grin with her hands holding onto the handkerchief she used it to wipe Jessica's bleeding finger.

"Yeah right"
"All your plan where i had to lie on the damn bed pretending to be sick"
"And receive a jab" snapped SeungLee impatiently

"Too bad, Lord appointed you to be my assistant"
"Of course, you'll be listening to me"
"Im sure you wont want Lord to get hold of the news of you not cooperating do you?" smirked haemuni evily
"Im not sure whats gonna happen to you if it happens"

Upon hearing the last sentence, Seung Lee cringed a little at the thought of what Lord would do to him if he disobeys his commands.

"And mind you, this is one of Lord's biggest project"
"If he succeeds, we're gonna gain lots of respect in the clan and Lord's recognition"

"Araesso araesso" answered SeungLee impatiently as he walked off back into the dark underground lab.
"I'll be in the lab for the rest of the day to try finish up the special liquid Lord requested me to finish it up.."
"Left with that little part where i cant find what to fill it in to make it all so perfect" mumbled SeungLee as he walked to the dark underground lab.


*PS: How's first chapter?
Finally managed to find time to update this first chapter of this fanfic.
Always, i hope that my new fanfic would be better than my previous.
Readers/subscribers please do comment on my every chapter updates alright? (:
Will keep all the suspense and slowly release it one by one!
Anticipate alright?

-illusions' off-