Young Guk...

Our First Dates

 

Himchan was sitting at the café, waiting for Aora when he got a call from Young Guk.

“Hey Young Guk!”

Hi Himchan, what are you up to?” Young Guk asked and Himchan looked over at the door when Aora entered.

“Just meeting up with Aora” he said and said hi to his girlfriend when she sat down next to him.

Oh, okay, mind if I tag along?” Young Guk asked and Himchan looked at Aora. She mouthed to him that she was okay with it.

“Sure, are you coming here?” Himchan asked and Young Guk answered that he would be there in a half hour.

Young Guk arrived at the café and smiled at the couple and sat down across from them. They talk for a while and enjoyed their drinks.

“Should we call Yoojin?” Himchan asked and Young Guk’s eyes lightened up a little. He did like the girl and had been on a few dates with her.

“I don’t know” Aora said and the boys looked at her.

“Why not?” Himchan asked and she sighed.

“Well… you see… she’s not exactly so excited in meeting Young Guk if I’ll be honest”

Young Guk was a little shocked. He didn’t know why but he thought that he did quite a good job at the dates; acting all badass even thou he really wasn’t like that. His older brother had told him that girls liked it when guys acted all tough and badass and foolish as he is, he decided to listen to his brother.

“But call her anyway” Himchan said and Aora sighed while pulling out her phone and calling Yoojin.

“Now you two stay quiet, both of you” she said and they obeyed. They waited in silence and suddenly Aora spoke again. 

“Yoojin, come to the café, Young Guk’s coming and we thought that we’d go on another date.”Aora said and Himchan and Young Guk both looked at her as she listened to what Yoojin was telling her.

“What? What do you mean by that?”

“What did she say?” Himchan asked and looked at Aora.

“She said she can’t”

“What, why? Put her on speaker so I can talk to her”

Young Guk looked as Aora put the phone on speaker and put the phone on the table.

“Yoojin, why can’t you come?” Himchan asked and they heard Yoojin sigh.

“Himchan, it’s really nice of you to try and help me but I don’t think Young Guk’s the one” she said and Young Guk’s mood sank.

“Why? Because he’s been like he is?” Himchan asked glancing at Young Guk. Young Guk knew what Himchan meant by that, he had been confronted by the other the day before and they had talked long about it.

“Yes, because of that. Have you guys seen how he’s been like? He’s been a total jerk. Not even acknowledging my existence. Always so full of himself and mean. That’s not the type I was looking for Himchan” 

They stayed quiet as they all took in what she said.

“Then… what is the type that you want?” Himchan asked after a long silence and Yoojin sighed.

I want someone to be there by my side. I want someone to hold me and tell me ‘it’s just a movie’ when we watch horror movies. Someone who would accompany me home, even thou I go home earlier than everybody else. I want someone whom I can be happy with. I want to have something like you and Aora.” She said and Aora ‘awwed’. Young Guk was now regretting his choice to listen to his brother.

“So I can’t take it anymore with Young Guk’s way of treating me. You can tell him that it was nice to meet him but I’m not interested in going out with him and that I’m sorry” she said and there was silence again.

“Okay, I’ll tell him” Himchan said and they hung up. He didn’t need to tell Young Guk as he had been there and heard everything by himself.

“Young Guk you should have foreseen this” Aora said and looked at him. Young Guk sighed and looked down at the table.

“Why did you even act like that? Even I know that you weren’t being yourself.” Aora said and Young Guk ran a hand through his hair and replaced his cap on his head.

“I guess I just listened to that idiot that I call my borhtr. He told me that girls like guys that are badass and don’t treat them like you should” he said and Aora shook her head.

“That maybe some other girls, but Yoojin isn’t any girl. She’s not every other girl. Like she said she wants someone to be there for here” Aora said and Young Guk looked up at the couple in front of her.

“What should I do?” he asked and Aora smiled.

“I think you should wait some while, just a few days and then confront her. Tell her why you acted like you did and maybe buy her some flowers.” She said and Young Guk nodded.

“Okay, I’ll talk to her on Tuesday” he said and then he left the couple, to go and beat his brother into a tiny plump.