Underground Club

Our First Dates

So three days later, on a Saturday, Himchan and Aora convinced me to follow me to one of those underground clubs. I wasn’t familiar to those places so I was following them closely.

“What are we going to do there anyway?” I asked them and Himchan smiled.

“To watch.” He answered and I furrowed my brows.

“Watch? Watch what?” I asked and Aora smiled.

“We are going to go watch a rap battle that both Himchan and Young Guk are competing in” she said and squeezed Himchans hand, I saw it from how their hands tensed and I shook my head. We arrived at a building and walked into it through a normal door and went down stairs. From how the building looked you would never guess that there was a club down stairs.

I followed Aora closely as we walked inside and Himchan steered us towards a few more people who were sitting in some sofas.

“Hyung!” A voice yelled out and Himchan waved at the source of the voice. It was a rather tall and skinny boy. He was really young looking, I guessed he couldn’t be older than 16 and he had a red cap on top of his blonde and what seemed like blue hair.  In the couch was a few more boys seated.

I followed Himchan and Aora over to the boys and just looked at them as Himchan and the younger spoke about something and Aora said hi to the others.

“Who’s this pretty looking lady?” one of them asked, he had brown hair and had a smile gracing his lips. But he looked younger than what I was.

“Quit it Youngjae” Himchan said and another brown haired boy who was sitting in the couch laughed.

“Guys, this is Yoojin” he said and I bowed.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you” I said and the boys smiled.

“I’m Youngjae” the first brown haired boy said and sent me a smile and a wink. I still thought he looked too young.

“I’m Jongup” said the second brown haired boy and smiled while waving.

“Daehyun at your service” said a boy who had kind of like gray colored hair and winked. I shook my head and chuckled a little.

“I’m Zelo” said the last boy, the one who had been yelling after Himchan when we first came.

“What are you guys doing here?” Jongup asked.

“Well we thought we’d show Yoojin what we do in our free-time and since Young Guk is rapping I thought that why not bring her. And where is Young Guk?” Himchan said as he looked around the club. It wasn’t packed like other clubs so you could see most of the people there but he couldn’t find Young Guk anywhere.

“Oh, he said he would be late, he should be here in…” Daehyun paused to look at the clock on his phone and looked up again. “He should be here in like three minutes” he continued.

“Girls, sit down” he said and Aora sat down with Himchan next to Zelo on one of the couches and I sat down next to Daehyun, the only empty seat.

“So you’re the girl Young Guk’s been going out with this week?” he asked and I mutely nodded.  I started talking with Daehyun and he really seemed like a nice guy. He seemed nicer that Young Guk at least.

“Finally you’re here Hyung” Jongup said and I turned to look at Young Guk who was staring at me and Daehyun, we had just been talking to each other about something interesting.

“Ah.. ne” Young Guk only said and met my gaze. I saw something in his eyes that I couldn’t really read.

Envy? Hurt? Jealousy? No, I’m just imagining things…

I shook my head and shot him a smile. I stood up and walked up to him, being nice to him was the least I could do, maybe he would be nice to me then to.

“I came with Himchan and Aora to watch you” I said, trying to sound as casual as possible. He just nodded and continued looking at me.

“I heard you’re going to compete in a rap battle. Good luck” I continued and he looked toward the small stage they had built.

“I don’t need that” he said and motioned to Himchan to follow him and they went over to the stage.

“I don’t need that” I mimicked him and stuck my tongue out at him as I sat down next to Aora. “So full of himself…” I mumbled and I heard Aora chuckle.

“He’s just nervous”

“Bull” I muttered and looked over at the stage.

“Let’s go watch closer” Aora said as she stood up and pulled me with her. I let her pull me along and we made our way to the front. The lights turned to the stage and there was a black haired male with a mike in his hand.

The guy started talking and then he introduced the first ones to rap. It was Zelo and some orange haired boy. They fought it out and it was rather impressive. A few more went past and it was finally Young Guk’s turn. He walked up on stage with confidence and faced the other guy.

Aora told me that the other guy was a fast tongued guy who was fast with his words and hadn’t been beaten in the last few months. I nodded and looked over at the boys as they started out. The other boy started and he rapped fast and tough words that would be hard to beat. But Young Guk remained calm, or so he appeared. When the other boy finished Young Guk started rapping.

The words left his lips fast but yet carefully chosen and hit a few spots on the opponent and those watching screamed as he made a good remark on the other. I laughed and Young Guk continued his rapping. His voice deep and flowing continued to deliver words.

They battled back and forward until the other boy didn’t have anything left to say. Young Guk became the winner and he seemed happy about it. He got an envelope, probably full of money from those who had been betting on him and he walked off stage.

This time when he won was also the first time I saw him smile. His gums were showing and it looked really cute but I stopped my mind from thinking anything more.

We walked back over to the couches and found Young Guk there being teased by his friends. They stopped as soon as Aora and I came.

“Congratulations” I said and smiled. He nodded that awkward atmosphere rose again.

I wondered slightly why he was like this whenever I was around. I couldn’t put my finger on it but I shook it off.

“I think I’ll go home now” I said and Aora looked at me.

“You sure?” she asked and I nodded. I turned to walk away after saying goodbye and heard the boys yell things at Young Guk again but I couldn’t make out what it was as the music was once more blaring out of the speakers.