First Date

Our First Dates

I was sitting in a café with my friend Aora when she came up with this stupid idea.

“Why don’t you let Himchan bring one of his friends and we can go on a double date?” she said and I looked at her. We had just been talking about her boyfriend, Himchan, and how I was envious of her. Not because she had Himchan but because she had someone. I also wanted a boyfriend but all the boys I had ever gone out with had been either so stupid that it wasn’t even funny or they were just plain boring.

“Are you serious?” I asked, looking at her with a questioning look.

“Yeah, you know he has this really good looking friend. And he’s really nice to” she said and looked at me. “He’s totally your type”

“How do you know my type?” I asked and laughed.

“A friends intuition” I shook my head at her and she looked over at the door when the bell for the door rang and she smiled.

“Himchan! Over here!” she yelled and I turned around. Himchan, I had met him a few times, he was a nice guy who was head over heels for Aora and so was she over him. They were probably the cutest couple I’ve ever seen. He smiled as he walked up to us and kissed Aora’s lips and sat down next to her, taking her hand in his.

“Hi Yoojin” he said with a smile.

“Hi Himchan” I said and managed a smile even thou I was really jealous of Aora right now.

“Himchan, Yoojin is looking for a boyfriend-“

“I’m not”

“Okay, she’s not searching, but she would like to date someone. Do you think that friend of yours would like to date her?” she asked Himchan and he looked at her.

“Jongup? Isn’t he a little bit young-“

“No, not him. The one with the deep voice.”

“Ah, Young Guk?”

“Ah, deh!”

“Yeah… I guess so, I have to ask him. “

“But do you think she’s his type of girl?” Aora asked and they both looked at me as if I was their prey.

“Hey, chill out with those hungering looks, I’m not a piece of meat” I said while raising my hands in the air.

“I guess she is, not fully sure but I’ll ask if he wants to” Himchan said after he looked at me for a while. Somehow I didn’t feel so good about this plan and I would just have wanted to pull out but I was sure Aora wouldn’t let me.

“But couldn’t we go on a double date tomorrow?” Aora asked and looked at me. “Can you go tomorrow after school?”

I thought about it for a while, I could lie that I had homework but she would either way snatch me with her and I sighed.

“Sure, what time and where?”

We decided to meet at 5 the next day by the same café where we were right now.

The next day I was anxious for the whole day and I tried to come up with new excuses not to go but I knew that they wouldn’t work either way. I sighed as the last bell of the day rang and I walked out of school. When I got home I had about 50 minutes before I had to go so I showered, put on a pair of black skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. I blow-dried my hair and put it in a bun on top of my head and applied some light makeup.

5 minutes before I was to meet up at the café I left my home and walked down the street to the meeting place. When I was half way there I almost turned to go home again but forced myself to go. I opened the door and searched the café and saw Himchan and Aora sitting by a table. A boy was sitting across from them, his back facing me.

From what I saw he had rather broad shoulders and he was wearing a blue t-shirt and a cap over his, what appeared to be blond hair. I walked over and Aora noticed me.

“Yoojin!” she said and the boy turned to look up at me. They all stood up.

“Young Guk, this is my friend Yoojin.” She said and the boy, Young Guk bowed and I bowed back.

“Yoojin, this is Himchan’s friend Young Guk” I nodded and we sat down again. I looked a little bit closer at the boy and watched him bite his lower lip when he listened to something that Himchan was talking about. I tore my eyes away when Aora kicked me under the table.

“So Himchan and I were thinking that we could go watch a movie and then maybe walk around a little. Does that sound good?” Aora asked and looked at me and Young Guk. I nodded and he did a grunting noise, I had no idea what that meant. And by the way, does this boy even talk? I hadn’t heard him say a word yet.

“Let’s go” Himchan said and we stood up, leaving the café and walked over to the mall and went to the movie theatre on the top floor of the building. Young Guk still hadn’t said a word and I was getting rather annoyed. I wanted someone to talk to but he didn’t seem the type to talk a lot.

“What should we watch?” Aora asked and I looked at the different posters of movies that were currently running or that would be coming to the theatres soon.

“How about this?” I heard a deep voice and turned to look at my left where Young Guk was standing and looked at what he was pointing at. It was a horror movie that looked scary enough to give me nightmares just imagining what it could be about.

“Sure!” Aora said and hugged Himchan a little. Sure, that girl would say yes to a horror movie just so that she could cuddle with Himchan. I sighed and looked at the poster again. I really didn’t want to see it and Aora knew how easily scared I was. But I didn’t protest and the boys went over to buy tickets.

Young Guk came back and looked at me.

“I don’t have enough money to buy two tickets, could you pay your own?” he asked and I was a little shocked but didn’t let it show on my face. I just nodded and gave him the money and watched him walk back to the line to Himchan.

“What a jerk” I mumbled and looked at Aora.

“Give him a chance” she said and I sighed.

“Fine”

“I know you don’t like horror movies but now maybe you could cuddle Young Guk if it gets to scary” she said and giggled. I sighed and shook my head.

The boys came back and Young Guk handed me my ticket. We walked inside and sat down. I sat next to Young Guk, next to the aisle, thank god, that way I could go out if I needed to, which I was sure of that I would do.

The movie started and I sat there, watching, petrified. I head Young Guk chuckle when one of the main characters was dragged by his leg through a dark corridor and I covered my eyes with my hands. A half hour was enough for me and that was when I walked out. I couldn’t take it anymore.

I walked out and sat down at one of the couches in the lounge, waiting for someone to come get me. Don’t you think that your date would follow you out, be worried about where you disappeared? But no. I sat there alone in the lounge for one hour more until the movie ended and the three of them came out.

“Oh, Yoojin! There you are” Himchan said and he and Aora looked at me.

“I-I couldn’t take it anymore” I said and stood up from my seat. I somehow thought that my date would tell me that it was okay, nothing to worry about, but no. Not one word.

Himchan looked over at Young Guk who was looking around and I sighed, no luck. I knew this was a bad idea.

“Let’s go to the river” Aora said and we started heading outside.

“Guys, I think I’m just going to go home…” I said and looked at them.

“You sure?” Aora asked and I nodded.

“Positive”

I said goodbye to Aora, awkwardly shook hands with Young Guk and turned around and started walking home. Somehow I was once again expecting Young Guk to run after me and accompany me home but neither did that happen.

Maybe he was just nervous

I sighed and shook my head as I walked into my apartment and went to bed.

______

A/N: Hi guys, I know I updated the first chapter on like... Saturday and now it's gone... D: But anyways, I'll give you the next chapter in a few minutes!