I'm Done

Our First Dates

I was laying in my bed at home next to Aora. We were staring at the ceiling, enjoying each other’s company after we had eaten lunch

“I wonder why he is like that…” I suddenly said and she turned and looked at me.

“Who?” she asked and I sighed.

“Young Guk. You and Himchan always talk about how he usually isn’t like that” I said and sat up slowly.

“Well… Himchan said he was going to talk with him about that…” Aora said and sat up next to me.

“I mean… am I that boring? Can’t he just be honest and say that he doesn’t want to go on a date if he doesn’t like me?” I said and fiddled with my fingers.

“You’re not boring!”

“Then why is he like that?”

Silence rose and we both wondered why he was like that.

“Tell me what he’s like usually” I said and Aora looked like she was deep in thought.

“Well the times I’ve met him he’s always been really talkative. He’s always talking about everything. And then he’s really nice. He always helps the boys out when they train and he always walks me home if Himchan has to go to work. And then he’s always smiling and joking around.”

I sighed.

Then why is he so moody when around me… I don’t get it…

“I have no idea why he’s like that when you’re around. And it’s only when you’re around. Like on Saturday when you left, he became the happy and smiley person that I know.” She continued and I sighed.

“Why is he so… ugh!” I groaned out loud and pulled at my hair and fell back onto my bed again.

“But you know what, I have to go meet up Himchan now.” Aora said and stood up from my bed.

“Okay, say hi from me” I said as we walked to the door and she pulled on her shoes.

“Yes, I’ll do. And think over what you want to do with Young Guk” said and I nodded.

I’m pretty sure that I’m done with him

Not an hour passed before Aora called me.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered and Aora spoke.

Yoojin, come to the café, Young Guk’s coming and we thought that we’d go on another date.”Aora said and I sighed.

Aora, I can’t” I said.

What? What do you mean by that?”

“What did she say?” I heard Himchan’s voice at the other end.

She said she can’t”

“What, why? Put her on speaker so I can talk to her”

I heard some rumbling from the other end as I walked over to my couch in my living room and sat down.

Yoojin, why can’t you come?” Himchan asked from the other side and I sighed.

“Himchan, it’s really nice of you to try and help me but I don’t think Young Guk’s the one”

Why? Because he’s been like he is?”

Yes, because of that. Have you guys seen how he’s been like? He’s been a total jerk. Not even acknowledging my existence. Always so full of himself and mean. That’s not the type I was looking for Himchan” 

On the other side they stayed quiet and I closed my eyes.

Then… what is the type that you want?” Himchan asked after a long silence and I sighed.

“I want someone to be there by my side. I want someone to hold me and tell me ‘it’s just a movie’ when we watch horror movies. Someone who would accompany me home, even thou I go home earlier than everybody else. I want someone whom I can be happy with. I want to have something like you and Aora.” I admitted and I heard Aora ‘aww’ at the other side.

“So I can’t take it anymore with Young Guk’s way of treating me. You can tell him that it was nice to meet him but I’m not interested in going out with him and that I’m sorry” I said and there was silence again.

Okay, I’ll tell him” Himchan said, he sounded a little bit sad. Then we said good bye and I hung up.

“Oh gosh…” I mumbled and closed my eyes.