Chapter 4

Reunited

 

 The whole night, I was just thinking of one thing. Should I really help him and risk breaking my heart? If I did help him, he would go back to China and reunite with his girlfriend but if I didn't, he would never remember the times we spent together, who he was and who I was to him... I shouldn't have even met him. What was I thinking? Talking to a stranger... I was filled with mixed emotions,conflicted, nothing could make me feel better now. I grabbed the ring, it was all because of you... throwing it on the floor as I let out a scream.


 

“What happened here?” Kyungsoo asked, my hair back.


 

“Luhan lost his memory and I'm the only one that can help, but if it works, he will go back to China and be with his girlfriend”


 

“It's his life. He can choose which path he wants to take. Don't be so selfish and self-centred, he ought to know who he was before all these right?”


 

“Yeah...” I paused, turning my head to face him. “B-But after all these years... I won't even care if I'm being selfish or not. I've waited enough for him to come back. As long as he's together with me, I am willing to do anything” Kyungsoo shook his head, clearly disapproving my words.


 

“Look, Sehun, just take it slowly, remember? Let nature take its course. If he's meant to be with you, he will” He pat on my back, offering me a cookie. I took it, no one could resist his cooking.


 

“Get up, let's find Jongin” He led me to the kitchen, picking up the ring on the floor.


 

The next day...


 

“Luhan, where are you? Class was over 10 minutes ago”


 

“I-I'm sorry, I'll be there after I finish this assignment” He said on the other line.


 

“Ok, I'll wait” And then I hung up. It's just 1 assignment, how long could it take? Ever since he joined the school, the teachers saw even the littlest, tiniest hope in changing us for the better. Frankly, he was the only one who even bothered with grades, the only studious one.


 

“Annyeong, are you Luhan's classmate?” A stranger tapped on my shoulder. He was wearing a thick coat, a mask and a cap, hiding his face with a dark blue scarf.


 

“Why? Who are you?” I questioned him. He looked somewhat suspicious to me.


 

“Mind your own business. Now is he here?”


 

“Maybe, maybe not”


 

“Don't play games with me you little-” I blocked his fist, defending my face from further attacks. He kicked my knee, making my legs weak as I dropped to the ground.


 

“YAH!! What are you doing?!” Jongin ran to my side, pushing the man to the floor and started to beat him up. Soon, a petite figure stuck out a hand.


 

“Sehunnie~ You okay?” Luhan helped me up, holding me by the waist. Jongin then let go of the man who was now covered in injuries.


 

“I'm fine but-”


 

“XI LUHAN!!” The man screamed at the top of his lungs, rubbing the bruise on his forearm. Luhan ignored him and instead, turned to me, checking on my legs.


 

“WHAT KIND OF A SON ARE YOU?!” S-Son?


 

At home


 

“Since Kyungsoo and Jongin went out, I'll let you stay here for the time being” Luhan helped me onto the couch, being careful not to step on my injured leg.


 

“You shouldn't have angered that man. The doctor said it would take days to heal. How are you going to attend the dance club auditions now?” He asked me, pouting cutely as he always did. I smiled, trying to hide the pain that my leg was giving me.


 

“L-Luhan... Did you know that man?”  


Sorry I took so long T.T Writer's block