Chapter 3

Reunited

 

On the way home...


 

What should I do? I have to know if he remembers... This was my number one priority now. Why? I have no idea. I just couldn't stand the thought of him forgetting me, not even once. If he did forget, all my hope and courage gathered throughout the past 10 years would mean nothing. The only thing that gave me the will to live on was waiting for him to come back. I want to know if I meant the same to him. No, I needed to know.


 

“Oh?” He asked, as soon as he realised I paused in my footsteps. Here goes nothing...


 

“Do you remember what happened 10 years ago?” He seemed quite confused now, as if he didn't know anything.


 

“What happened? I really don't know. I have no memory of it. The only thing I know is that my brother told me we used to live here when we were younger, nothing else” His innocent and pure eyes stared straight into mine. He didn't know...


 

“You... Really don't remember anything?” He shook his head, making my heart crumble. I looked down at the ring, clenching it into my fist.


 

“We're home, get some rest for tomorrow” I told Luhan, waving goodbye to him. Just when I was about to leave, YiXing came out, wanting to talk to me for a while.


 

“Sehun, you are close to Luhan right? From what I remember, you guys were friends a few years back? I need you to do a favour for me”


 

“W-What?” I was puzzled, what was he talking about?


 

“8 years after we left for China, he met with an accident, causing him to be in a coma for a long time. The doctor said that he suffered from major brain damage, losing his memory. The only reason why we're back in Korea is to remind him of his childhood. We tried everything, this is the last straw... Only you can help” He sighed, pointing at my ring. “This... This ring was what caused everything...


 

2 years ago (YiXing POV)


 

“Gege, where should I go with Xin Yi today? We went to the cinemas yesterday but she didn't really enjoy it” Luhan looked up at me, smiling as we were walking to school.


 

“It doesn't matter where you go, the only important thing is that you both enjoy each others' company” I replied, ruffling through his hair. We stopped at the traffic junction, waiting for the light to turn red.


 

“LUHANNIE!!!” A familiar voice sounded.


 

“What do you want? I thought you didn't want anything to do with us?” Luhan retaliated upon seeing the hated enemy, our dad.


 

“Is that how you're supposed to treat your father?” He smirked. Our parents were divorced, due to my dad's gambling problems. I stayed with mum while Luhan stayed with dad, until he kicked Luhan out.


 

“Father? You still think you deserve to be called our father?”


 

“YOU- Nevermind, just give that to me” He grabbed Luhan's wrist, trying to remove the silver ring that was on his pointer. Luhan struggled out of his grip, refusing his every request.


 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!” I couldn't stand the way he was treating Luhan and pulled him away. However, he was too strong and pushed me away. Meanwhile, Luhan managed to escape, but tripped over his leg, onto the road. Just then, a car came into the way, blasting its horn in an attempt to swerve away.


 

“L-LUHAN!!”


 

Sehun's POV


 

He smiled, continuing with his story “The car couldn't avoid him in time so...” He stared at me, making me jump in surprise. “He suffered major brain damage and was in a coma for a long time. It's lucky he even survived but he lost his memory.”


 

“Wait... W-Who is Xin Yi?” I asked curiously. Frankly, in my heart, I knew the answer but I needed assurance.


 

“Actually, he has a girlfriend in China who visited him everyday when he was hospitalised, waiting by his bedside but when he finally came to, he didn't remember a thing, not even her. The only thing he knows is that I am his brother, nothing else” Well... I expected as much. I felt my heart sink. He didn't wait for me. At least he kept the ring... And we were young, we didn't know what was love then. He may not have thought the same way... I stepped back, turning to the door.


 

“I-I have to go now, see you tomorrow”