Head Over Heels -- Chapter 8 – The reward of playing hide and seek

Head Over Heels

 

 

Sooyoung woke up in an unfamiliar room.

She scanned the whole room, and there, noticing the plain white wall, the bed with white covers, and the side table where her bag was placed. She looked outside the window, and there, she saw a familiar place, their school gymnasium.

“I am in our school clinic?” she realized. She was never been into that room before.

A familiar person entered the room, Kyuhyun.

“What happened to me? Why are you here instead of Sunny?” she asked.

“Are you okay now?” he asked, ignoring her questions.

“Kyuhyun is concerned about me? Why?” she thought. Sooyoung was puzzled, “No, he is not concerned about me, after all, he will never be concerned about me.”

“I am asking you,” Kyuhyun said.

“Ye-yes, I am okay now. So, what happened to me?” she asked, she cannot really remember what happened.

“You don’t remember?” he asked, his voice implying that ‘something’ happened.

“Yah! I really can’t remember!” she shouted, ignoring the fact that they are in the school clinic. “Why does it feel like I did something embarrassing again?” she thought, trying very hard to remember what happened.

“Try to remember it” he grinned, making Sooyoung’s jaw drop.

Sooyoung thought for a moment. “The last thing I could remember is that I chose a seat near the room’s window,” she said.

“Then?” he asked, enjoying Sooyoung’s actions.

“I do not know,” she said, pouting because of disappointment.

He laughed -- a genuine laugh.

Sooyoung was amazed. “Kyuhyun laughed? Oh my… this is the first time that I saw you-”Sooyoung did not finish what she is saying. It hit her mind. It was like a dejavu. She screamed because embarrassment.

Kyuhyun laughed again, noticing that Sooyoung has finally remembered that she fainted because she saw him smile.

“Seems like you remembered it already,” Kyuhyun teased.

“I want to die now…” Sooyoung covered her face with the blanket. “Yaaaaaah! Get out of this room!” she ordered.

Kyuhyun obeyed. He walked out of the clinic smiling, could not get over with Sooyoung’s actions. “That girl,” he thought.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sooyoung uncovered her face, as she heard the door of the clinic close.

“Aish… with all the things that happened, how can I face him?” she sighed.

She got her phone from her bag and texted Sunny.

To: Sunny©

Where are you? I’m here at the school clinic. Why aren’t you here? And you call yourself my bestfriend? I want to die now, really. T____T I’m going to the library, you know, the assistant-thingy. Meet me there.

She got up of the bed, fixed her things, thanked the nurse in-charge, and went out of the clinic. She headed towards the library.

As she was walking, she heard her phone beep.

From: Sunny©

Yah! I’m giving you time to be with Kyuhyun alone. Aren’t you happy? Aaaaand! Did you know that he was the one who brought you to the clinic? J I know that you are giggling now. J Library? Okay, okay. J

Sooyoung could only open in disbelief. “Kyuhyun brought me to the clinic?” she giggled, imagining how he brought her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sooyoung entered the library, but then, she stopped as she saw Kyuhyun in one of the tables, reading a thick book.

“That bookworm, aish… How could I forget?” she sighed.

Fearing that Kyuhyun will notice her, she covered her face with her hands, she bent her body, so that only her backpack can be seen. She then walked towards the counter, ignoring the surprised and confused reactions of those who notice her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kyuhyun noticed in his peripheral vision that the people on his left side were distracted one by one. Because of his curiosity, he turned his head towards their direction.

There, he saw, a girl, with her backpack, walking towards the counter, with her face covered, and body bent towards the floor, seems like hiding from someone. He focused his attention to his book. “Wait…that backpack” he thought, as he turned again his head towards the girl’s direction.

“That is Sooyoung,” he stood up, making his way towards her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sooyoung was almost near the counter when she suddenly bumped into somebody’s legs. She fell on the floor, her legs slightly spread, her skirt somewhat became a mini skirt, revealing half of her thigh, her right hand in her head, while her left hand rest on the floor.

“Ouch…” she complained, not noticing her position, and the person who she bumped into.

“Do not pollute my innocent mind, Sooyoung,” he said, making her startled.

Feeling so awkward, she closed her legs and adjusted her skirt. “What am I doing?” she sighed. Even without looking up, by just hearing his voice, she knew exactly who that person is – Kyuhyun.

She saw a hand in front of her face – his hand. She was confused, yet, deep inside, feeling happy -- so happy. “I am not dreaming, right?” still in disbelief, she pinched her cheeks.

 “Don’t you want to get up?” he chuckled, as he saw Sooyoung’s actions.

Sooyoung took Kyuhyun’s hand. “He smiled at me, I saw him laugh, and he offered me his hand… What more could I ask for?” she thought, preventing herself from giggling.

He pulled her lightly, making her heart jump, as it beats faster.

When she finally stood up, he let go of her hand, and he went back towards his seat.

Sooyoung watched him return to his seat. As she was about to turn her head towards the counter, she noticed the other students were looking at her, with grins on their faces, giving her that, “i-saw-what-happened” look.

Her phone beeped.

From: Sunny©

Sooyoungie, sorry if I have not come yet. You know, I am stalking Sungmin again, SORRY! SORRY! SORRY! K I will call you later. J

 “You really know when to show up, Sunny”, Sooyoung grinned, as she looked at Kyuhyun.

To her surprise, Kyuhyun is already staring at her. She saw him turned his head back to his book.

Kyuhyun… why are you like that? You are driving me crazy…” she smiled.

 

 

A/N: I do not know what will happen next. LOL. :)

I am having a hard time finishing chapter 9, OMG. :O

I'll be on hiatus for two weeks. T____T I have an anatomy exam, so, sorry if I will update late again. T____T But I'll do my best to post a two-chapter update. :) [I wish I could. LOL.]

Anyway, please do leave a comment and thank you for reading. :))