CHAPTER 4 – I will never understand

Head Over Heels

 

Kyuhyun sat in front of his laptop. He is waiting for his beloved Starcraft game to be ready. Oh yes, he is addicted to games!

Kyuhyun cannot help but to remember what happened during their biology class. “That Sooyoung is really annoying! Aish.”

Things about love make him feel so irritated. Yes, love is the least thing that he wants to discuss. Whenever love is the topic, he always remembers the things that made him so cynical about love.

Flashback – Kyuhyun’s POV

10 years ago…

“Appa, appa… where is omma? I thought she’s going to be with us today?” I asked my father. We are in the supermarket. We are going to buy supplies and food for my birthday. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am so excited!

“Ah, your mother?” I saw my father was surprised with my question.

“Yes appa. Where is omma?” I asked as I looked around, searching for chocolates.

“Ah! She is buying something for you. She wants to surprise you tomorrow!” He answered, feeling so relieved.

“Wow! I am so excited!” I announced.

“Yeah, so do not tell her that I told you, that is supposed to be a surprise!”

“Yes, sir!” I laughed.

As we arrived in the cashier, I saw someone, at the next line. I know that ‘someone’ very well. Someone whose hands are holding someone else’s hands now. The two of them are so sweet, so sweet that they can be mistaken as lovers.

I went near them, without my father noticing me.

I went back to my father.

“Appa, that is omma! Why is she with someone else? And look, she’s holding someone else’s hands and they are so sweet! Why are they like that?” I asked. My innocent mind does not have any clue what’s going on.

“Ah, that is not your omma!” My father said, I can feel his nervousness, sweat is now dripping from his face.

“That is omma! I went there a while ago, and that is really her!” I ran towards omma.

“Omma!” I called.

“Kyuhyun? Why are you here?” Her face, looked, really, surprised!

“Kyuhyun, come here!” My father told me.

“I cannot understand this anymore. Are you lying to us?” I want to cry now. Now I realized what is happening.

“I will explain to you later, Kyu. Do not be angry with me. I am sorry.” She said. Tears

“Does father know this?” I asked.

“I will explain everything to you later Kyu, go to him now.”

I do not know what to do. I kept on asking myself what happened. I feel so betrayed. They are hiding something from me.

While in the car, I kept on thinking what mother will explain to me. I do not know, but I am so nervous. I went straight to my room when we arrived in our house. I waited for my mother, my father does not want to say anything.

Three hours have passed, mother have not arrived yet. Tomorrow is my birthday, I thought it is going to be a happy day for me – for us! But, I think it is going to be the other way around. I decided to take a sleep.

Today is my birthday. I woke up, hoping that it will be a happy day. I was distracted with the noise coming from the other room – my parents’ room. I peeked on their door, trying to avoid making any sound.

“I did not know that you will be there! And I did not know that Kyuhyun will see the two of you!” my father explained. Why is he saying that?

“And now, I am going to explain everything to Kyuhyun. Aish, I am so guilty! This is all your fault!” my mother told him.

“This is not my fault. You deserve this. And now, go to him now, he has been waiting for you since yesterday!” I can hear sadness in his voice.

I heard footsteps. The door opened! My mother saw me!

“Kyu… I am so sorry.”
“What happened omma?”

“I do not love your father anymore. The person you saw yesterday with me is the person that I love now. I am so sorry, Kyu… You know, I love you.”

“What? When did you stop loving appa?”

“I was really in love with him when we got married. I do not know what happened to me, it is just that I fall out of love.”

“But he still loves you…”

“Yes, I know, but I do not love him anymore. I am so sorry, Kyu. Your father and I have decided that we will just keep this as a secret because we do not want to hurt you, but I think, it is worse than what we expected.”

“Are you leaving us?” I am so angry now. I do not know what to say.

“We have talked about this. And I am going to leave now Kyu… Do not worry… I will still visit you.”

“No, you do not have to visit me anymore.” I cannot take this anymore. “You have hurt us, you are so selfish. You did not even think of us when you started to love that person.”

“When you grow up, you’ll understand…” then she went out of the house.

End of flashback.

“Ah! I will never understand that! You left us. You said that you loved appa before, but you fall out of love. Appa still loves you, and he is still hurting. That is so unfair, because you are so happy with your new husband now.” Kyuhyun thought bitterly.

“Thank God, Starcraft was invented! It makes me happy.”

 

A/N: Sorry for this boring chapter. :| But I need to include this. :) Anyway, I'll try to update more often. :) Thank you for reading. :))