Her Life

The Cupid Association

 

“beep beep “ “beep beep” the threatening sound of the alarm rang, seeming louder and more demanding each time it went unnoticed. Almost as if it was yelling, the rays of sun accommodated its anger as it cascaded across my face, red sparks flashing in my eyes. The birds singing their anthem proudly in the background all whilst I resisted. Resisted waking up, savoring each moment of this sweet addiction called sleep, until I could no longer bear the tormenting conditions.

“Fine, I’ll wake up!” I yelled, aggravated slamming my alarm as I lazily shifted my body weight towards my first destination- the calendar.

And it was just as I feared, slowly my heart starting pacing faster, sweat resurfacing across my body, my face becoming paler by the minute as images of the previous events of such a day danced in my memory, almost tauntingly.

“February 14” I dejectedly mumbled “but if today was really valentine then were is-“

And almost in queue a roar echoed through the once quite atmosphere, its shrill and velocity emphasizing on the identity of the yeller.

“CHAERIN DID YOU WAKE UP YET?!” Bom screamed, slamming my door open as her eyes judgingly swept through me.

She was looking gorgeous today , her face a perfect mix of pink and scarlet make up , her dress frilled with a black belt accentuating her slim waist and her shoulders shone against the dim lighting.

Her expression changed, to one of tardiness almost anger “chaerin you haven’t changed yet?do you know what day it is?  Its valentine!”

I sighed, shuffling my feet away from the calendar “I’m well aware of the day, I think I’ll just stay home today though- not feeling much love”

Bom gasped her chest rising highly by the dramatic gesture “stay at home?! No way! What if you find your love today! You know what they say, there are cupids in the air and if you stay home it’s like you might as well shriek, I DON’T WANT LOVE”

I chuckled bitterly “yeah cupids”

Bom clicked her tongue as she grabbed me by the wrist throttling me into the bathroom “I’m not going to allow you to stay home today, I’m going to fix you up and after you see yourself your never wanna go indoors again”

I laughed; she was always like this, in love so fast, so innocent, trying to get me to dress girly, to be feminine while I stubbornly “insist” on liking the opposite of what she does. But then again don’t opposites attract? The equation should always be balanced, and I figure I’m the one that balances it.

“Sure” I muttered not noticing the slightly elevating feeling radiating through me.

 

“See it didn’t take that long!” Bom announced proudly as her hands swept over her forehead, moping away the delicate sweat droplets that began to form. “You can look at yourself now”

Glaring at Bom I slowly stood up from the chair I was taped on for what seemed like hours, shaking my numb legs as I headed towards the full length mirror in my room. Cautiously approaching it, I stopped abruptly to evaluate boms work.

“Wow this actually looks good” I remarked with awe my focus glued at the person in the mirror, my eyes travelling over every detail, every accessory. My eyes were covered with a trivial amount of pink adding to the eyeliners effect, helping my full red lip to garner all the attention. As my hair lay down sweeping my shoulders in straight flawless locks. I was dressed similarly to Bom, with a short skirt and a thick belt, overall I felt very satisfied and strangely for the first time slightly optimistic.

Maybe Bom was right, maybe I will find someone looking like this. And with a content smile I grasped Bom and headed towards the door.

(finally T^T lol sorry there wasnt much comedy here, ill add it in the next chapter , promise >< i feel like the style is slightly different from my usual one? -.0 oh well i hope you enjoyed it ^^)