Brother

Imperfections

 

Kim Hyemi's POV

 

     After I manage to distract myself with groceries shopping, I stop myself at a cafe nearby. It's 5, and my stomach is grumbling. Singing 'It's all lies' song by B.A.P. Even my stomach knows B.A.P. So advance these days. LOL

     While I am sitting in the cafe, waiting my order, a man approaches me. "Hyemi?" I look up at him. Then I gasp. 

     "Oppa! Oppa! Onew oppa!!! “I quickly stand from my chair and hug him tightly. I am so so surprise seeing him here. I haven't seen him since I left the orphanage.

     "You still remember me? I'm glad you do," I can detect he's smiling. I let the hug a little longer. Then I break it. It has been a while since I hug a person.

     "Oppa! Bogoshipeo. Where had you been? I tried to find you all these years," I let him sit across me. I let him make an order first. He's more charming now. I love his hair, the bangs. It makes his face more cute and matured.

     "I'm so sorry Hyemi-ah. During your family picked you up, I was on my examination for my last semester. I didn't know that time that your family had found you. When I came back to the orphanage to see you, they said you already found your family. I was feeling so dejected, that I thought I would never see my sister again. I tried to find you, but I didn't found you. But now, you are already in front of my eyes," he is smiling so charmingly. Luckily he's my brother, or I might have fallen for him.

     "Oppa! I'm glad that you're here! God. I miss you. Oppa, what are you doing right now?" I asked him. He said he's working at a company as an accountant. I remembered during my middle school days, he always taught me mathematics and physics. He was so genius in numbers back then. Well, I guess he still is now. 

     I told him that I'm staying at Infinite's house or dorm precisely. I also told him what had happen between me and my family recently. He so understands. Slowly, we catch up our lives unrealising the clock is ticking. 

     After having conversation in the cafe, Onew oppa give me a ride to tour the city for a while. Since he's already working, he managed to get a car by himself to make him easy to go to work. While in the car, he shows me the malls, stadium, gym, schools and all sorts of things. Thanks to him, now I think I can shop in the malls by myself after this.

     "Hyemi-ah, where's your house? Let me send you. I would like to see your brother too," he smiles while driving. I give him the direction to my house. I'm thinking how would Sunggyu oppa react when he meets Onew oppa, my dearest brother. Sunggyu oppa is my beloved brother, but Onew oppa is more special, my dearest brother since he's closed to me. Then I looked at the digital clock on the car's dashboard.

     "Omo! It's 9 pm! I didn't expect to get home this late! Oppa, ottoke? I didn't manage to prepare the dinner," I start to panic. I thought I'm going to reach home by 6. But the unexpected meeting with Onew oppa had extended the time. I don't want to blame him though. I love him.

     "It's alright Hyemi. I'll try to explain to your brother ok? I won't let him harm you," Onew oppa calms me. Onew oppa is so sweet. He won't let my biological brother to harm me. But my biological brother never said 'I won’t let anyone harm you'. Guess he said that a lot to Jiae unnie. Thinking about them, my heart starts to bitter.

     "Oppa, this is my house," Onew oppa stops his car. "Let me send you in. Just in case your brother wants to meet me," he goes out the car together with me. 

     I knock the door. The door is lock. But I know the Infinite is home, their shoes scattering outside. Huh... Just then, the door opens. Sunggyu oppa looks at me with his fierce yet tired face.

     "Hyemi where were you? Why you didn't tell me you were out?" my heart starts to beating fast. I don't like it when people get angry. I'm afraid Sunggyu oppa might explode. Just then, he notices Onew oppa.

     "Who is this?" Sunggyu oppa asks me. I feel uneasy with the way he asked and the way he looks Onew oppa.

     "Oppa, this is Onew oppa. He's my brother at the orphanage. We just met today. I'm sorry I'm late,” I look down as soon as I apologize. 

     "Annyeonghaseyo. Onew imnida. I'm Hyemi's brother back at the orphanage. Nice to meet you," Onew oppa smiles at Sunggyu oppa, and offers to shake hands. I started to feel sick. Sunggyu oppa didn't make a handshake with him; instead he pulls me into the house, beside him. 

     "Hyemi's brother? You said you are Hyemi's brother but you send her home in the late night?" I should've expected this. And, sorry? Late night? It's not even 12.

     "What if Hyemi got lost or sick? What if I called the police because she's not home just now? You should've thought first before you said you're a brother to her. Because you don't act like one," I gasp at what he said. Onew oppa is shock too.

     This is too much. He said that to Onew oppa, the one who cares about me the whole time. But actually he's the one who is not acting like a real brother.

     "Oppa! You are too much! He sends me home okay! I'm fine. You don't have to say harsh words to him!" I pull his hand. Sunggyu oppa turns his gaze to me.

     "You said I'm too much? Hey I was worried about you that you were not home and its freaking night right now. Don't you get it? You are under my responsibilities now, you want to trouble omma and abuji?" yeah right. My tears start to well. Though, I don't let myself to sob in front of him. I don't like people look at me as a helpless girl.

     "What? You said I am under your responsibilities? Oppa! Do you even know what do responsibilities mean? No. Not that. Do you even know how I have been these days? Do you even ask me about my health or studies or anything? Do you even care about me? Oppa! Don't you dare to say to Onew oppa that he's not acting like a brother, because it's you who's not my brother!" I explode. I run to my room, not caring the other Infinite are witnessing the scene. 

     Sunggyu oppa is too much. How can he say that to Onew oppa. Pity Onew oppa.

     Right now, I don't think Sunggyu oppa deserve to be called a brother. My heart starts to hate him, even though I don't want to hate anyone.

     I cry in my room. I feel sad about what had happen.

     All kind of feelings are controlling me. Anger, sad, dejected, frustrated. 

     I hope Onew oppa is able to get home safely, without getting his heart injured.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sunggyu is a jerk to his sister. Pity Hyemi.

Well, let's just hope Jiae won't interfere the siblings matter.

:D

Readers, Hwaiting! :D :D

 

@namiadarina