Chapter 4: Baby Steps

Trust Me

 

CH4: Baby Steps

 

A/N: It's been a long time since I've updated and I seemed to have forgotten the reason why I named it “I’m worth 205”. Sooooo. I changed it. Kekeke.  Enjoy the story guys! :)

 

 

 

 

Shin Seul Yeon twirled her pencil in her fingers as she thought back on the things that happened earlier.

 

 

Flashback:

 

"The other part is somewhat curious." She replied. "Curious if how far will a guy go to get what he wants."

 

"Then you'll just have to wait and see then?" He smiled.

 

"I guess so."

 

 

 

She sighed, wondering if she made the right decision. She knew then, that her two bestfriends were behind it all. She could almost see their faces now. Eun Ji's ecstatic voice shouting in her ear: "I knew it was a good idea!" Or Yoona's bone-crushing hug and teary eyes.

 

For some people, having someone to court you is no big deal. But for them it was. Eun Ji and Yoona knew what Seul Yeon had to go through. They've been friends since practically forever and they've seen her put up barriers around people, shunning herself out of embarrassment and fear. They've been with her when she cried her eyes out so often, because of her parents' divorce.

 

For them, Seul Yeon's acknowledgement of Sehun's courtship was a first step into opening up to the world, which she used to do so easily.

 

"What would I do without you girls." She whispered, softly smiling at the picture frame on her desk.

 

Seul Yeon put her pencil upon her opened notebook and reached out for the frame.

 

It was taken 2 years ago, the picture of them by the beach. Eun Ji, at the center, sporting very tanned skin, with her arms around a bikini-clad Seul Yeon and a laughing Yoona.

 

It's been so long since she laughed or smiled, because she was genuinely happy. It seemed a distant memory to her, until now.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

The mere name alone sent her heart into a frenzy. It wasn't because of love, oh gosh no.

 

Not at least, right now.

 

For some reason, the thought of it excited her. It was something to look forward to, she imagined. It had been so long since she had been excited, or lightheaded, or just genuinely unconcerned except for her own happiness.

 

But there's also the reluctant side of her. She wasn't used to this courtship thing, and she'd been introvert to other people for almost 2 years. She barely knew him even though they'd been classmates for nearly a year now.

 

But then, strangers are just friends we haven't made yet.

 

She could hear her younger, innocent self talking.

 

And besides, if Eun Ji and Yoona were really behind it all, I could trust their judgement.

 

Still, there were so many confusing thoughts in her mind. Saying yes had been a major leap for her, and surprisingly, it made her proud of herself.

 

But I'll better take baby steps from now on, just in case.

 

With that thought, Seul Yeon glanced down at her assignments and proceeded to finish them with a clear mind.