Chapter 2: Confessions and Pronounciations

Trust Me

 

CH2: Confessions and Pronunciations

 

 

 

 

"Can I court you?"

 

 

 

So simple a question. Yet it surprisingly gave shivers down Shin Seul Yeon's spine.

 

 

 

Sehun simply looked at her, seemingly amused by the lack of emotion she was showing. At least, she hoped it was a stoic enough expression.

 

 

 

Maintain your cool, Seul Yeon. It was just the cold wind you were feeling down your back.

 

 

 

She awkwardly shifted her position so that she didn't have to meet his eyes. suddenly went dry as she struggled to keep her voice still.

 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

 

He gave out a hearty laugh.

 

 

 

"Well, isn't it obvious? When a boy likes a girl and he wants her to be his girlfriend-"

 

 

 

"Yes yes. I get that, but why ask if you could court me?" She braved to look in his eyes. The simple act of it sent another shiver down her back. "You could've asked directly if I wanted to be your girlfriend." she added instinctively.

 

 

 

Sehun smiled at her. "Why? Would you have said yes?"

 

 

 

That honest remark made her think. Honestly?

 

 

 

No. It made her feel like an easy girl if a boy asks her to be his girlfriend without even trying to get to know her first. She would've wanted him to prove himself if he can be loyal and trustworthy. She's a girl who grew up in a very principled and old-fashion environment. Boys just don't ask any girl to be his girlfriend in a snap. It's just not too sincere for her.

 

 

 

"No. I would've wanted you to make an effort." She replied.

 

 

 

Sehun nodded, a knowing smile on his lips.

 

 

 

"Then that's what I'm doing right now." He leaned in again, catching her eyes to let her know he was determined. "I want to prove myself to you."

 

 

 

Seul Yeon could feel the heat rush to her cheeks. Sehun made no indication that he saw her blush, which was fine with her. She had enough of awkward moments today.

 

 

 

"Well," she cleared , searching for the right words to say. "I don't usually receive these er, uh, confessions from guys."

 

 

 

And just to make sure she was really being confessed to, "This is a confession right?"

 

 

 

Sehun laughed again. Leaning back onto his chair, he played with the straw of his already finished shake. "That's what I like about you, Seul Yeon."

 

 

 

She noted the way he pronounced her "Yeon" with such a tenderness that it almost melted a layer of her defenses. Almost.

 

 

 

"You have a kind of innocence to you." Then he added with a grin, "Yes, I am confessing."

 

 

 

"Oh."

 

 

 

Seul Yeon began to think. Now what was she supposed to do now? Should she say yes? If only Eun Ji was here. But that damn girl failed to show up. And Seul Yeon had the feeling she was involved in this.

 

 

 

"So are you going to answer my question?" Sehun's voice distracted her thoughts. And before she could stop herself, she was again looking at his eyes.

 

 

 

"If I say no, would you give up?"

 

 

 

"That's not really in my vocabulary."

 

 

 

"Then you asking me for permission doesn"t really matter, does it?" She demanded. "Regardless of what I say, you'll still, er, court me."

 

 

 

"Yes." He replied a matter-of-factly. "I just wanted to give you a heads up. Make my intentions clear and known."

 

 

 

Seul Yeon couldn't help but be impressed with his reply. His downright honesty was a refreshing attitude amongst the flirtatious lines of teens today.

 

 

 

"Well, good luck with that." She said hiding a smile that was forming on her lips.

 

 

 

Sehun's eyes lit up a bit. "So is that a yes then?"

 

 

 

"Kind of." She chose her next words carefully. "A part of me is hesitant though. I really don't know if I'm prepared..."

 

 

 

"And the other part of you?" He asked, a hopeful look in his eyes.

 

 

 

"The other part is somewhat curious." She replied. "Curious if how far you'll go."

 

 

 

"Then you'll just have to wait and see then?" He smiled.

 

 

 

For the first time in a long while, Seul Yeon felt her barriers beginning to break down. It was a slow but sure pace, and Seul Yeon thought she could live with it.

 

 

 

"I guess so."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: I'm sorry if this chapter is kind of short. I'll try to update everyday if I can. Thanks for your comments! Anything that could help me improve this story will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!  :)