Chapter Fourteen: The Key of My Heart

Without....Wings

 

>> OST1

“Pretty Noona, please can you give me my ball back…”

The voice of the little boy standing in front of her snapped Lina back to reality.

The little thing was sweetly smiling at her, she smiled back, then looked down her feet to find the ball next to her.

She took it, stood up, then went to the little guy, his hair then gave him the ball while saying “You have to grow up well!”

“Neeee!” He said before storming back to his playmates.

Lina went back to her bench in the Han River’s park.

 

She was alone, she took her Sunday for her, in these past 2 weeks she experienced the shock, the laughter, the happiness, the sadness of almost 5 years of her life, that she simply forgot!

It was physically and mentally exhausting, so she took this day to be just her with herself.

Started by visiting the city where she lives for almost 5 years now, the city that was her dream destination last time she checked….. and that she didn’t recognize.

She looked through her switched off phone, and looked at her reflection…After discovering some of seoul’s famous places, she felt the urge to go to the hairdresser, where she had her bangs cut, and her hair’s color back to its original brownish shade.

 

When she looked at her reflection, she felt more comfortable.  With all this sudden changes, she couldn’t even recognize herself…Now she felt lighter, sure she is now 5 year older, married, grieving her unborn child,  but with this simple change, she felt more at ease and herself again.

After blankly staring at her phone, she switched it on, sent a message , then cut it off again.

She took her Ipod, and put it on…And discovered that her tastes in music hasn’t changed since last time, she still liked TVXQ’s songs.

While listening, she hummed with every song, moved at some rhythms, and when her favorite song ever came, it gave her the same feeling as 5 years ago, shivers all over her body, she slowly closed her eyes, feeling the sweet breeze. She couldn’t feel anything anymore, she was so into the song, forgot her painful past, her lost memories, her uncertain heart…

 

With the end of the song, Lina felt someone sitting next to her, with her eyes still shut she said “You came”

Then slowly opened her eyes, and turned to the person she texted a while ago, the person she felt the urge to see and talk to, may be one of her many habits.

“Of course I’ll come!” he said with a big smile.

Lina laughed when she saw that he was  sort of disguised, putting big shades, a baseball cap, and a big scarf around his neck.

“ Yah! I’m Jung Yunho! I can’t be spotted…You know!” He proudly smiled.

 

He was supposed to meet up with his friends back from town, but he sneaked away to come see her once he saw her message

Need My Leading Guy! I’m at the south park of The Han…That’s okey if you’re busy…I just feel…like seeing you!”

He practically stormed out from his house, when he saw her message. He was happy, even if her brain forgot, her heart didn’t…or at least it’s what he hoped for!

When he spotted her, his heart skipped a beat, she was there sitting in the same spot from 4 years ago, and she looked like 4 years ago, the Lina he first met and fell in love with

>> OST2

 

*Yunho’s Flashback*

“See you later Changmin-aa!” waved Yunho while storming out of the dorm

“Ya! Hyung Where….” Yelled Changmin from the kitchen where he was looking for something to eat

He sighed, then continued his search for something to ease his loud stomach.

 

After disguising himself, Yunho took a cab to reach his destination.

On his way, he remembered the unforgettable and adrenaline rusher kiss he shared underwater with Lina two weeks ago.

Two weeks of awkward stares, of awkward conversations, of avoiding each other. When finally Yunho gathered his courage yesterday, at the screening of the MV that Lina directed, to ask her for a date.

And being the fearless girl she was, she dared him to meet in the rush hour, preferably in a well known date spot. And that’s how he was now heading to the south park of the Han river.

 

Once he got out of the taxi, he slowly and cautiously made his way to the park, he felt people’s stare, or imagined it. He always felt like being watched, but actually nobody was paying attention to him, even in this Sunday evening, People were busy enjoying their time with their families, their children, their lovers.

 

It’s right there where he found her, he saw her profile, she was comfortably sitting on a bench, closing her eyes while peacefully listening to the music, her bangs moving with the light wind and a light smile formed on the corner of her lips.

He could see that she was enjoying every bit of this day, every gust of wind, every sunbeam..She was just happy to be alive.

 

Yunho was just standing there, watching her, the only person he saw in this crowded place.

She was playful/ innocent, sad/happy, bold/respectful, a stranger/person of trust…She was all of that, a lot of contradiction, not his usual type.

But why was he standing there, feeling something Huge overwhelming him…

At this moment, Lina  slowly opened her eyes, then turned right where Yunho was standing, and shot him a weak smile. At this moment, Yunho knew it, but couldn’t believe it nor understand it : he fell for the most complicated riddle he has ever encountered.

* End of Yunho’s Flashback*

 

“Let’s go!”

Lina’s word brought him back to the present time, and he saw her standing in front of him

“Where?” he simply asked her

“Somewhere we’ve been together…I feel like I want to remember good memories!”

Yunho was taken aback by her request, she linked him with good memories, without even knowing anything….Sure her heart still remembers…

They rode his car and headed to the place where they made the most of their memories.

Once she got out of the car, she saw that they were in front of a little coffee shop in a hidden area in Seoul’s downtown, once she read the name, she remembered her phone call with Yunho the day of her birthday, and her first day in this world……“The Key Coffee shop”

(And then said: Mmmm, Ok! Where is the coffee shop??

*****: Are you kidding me ….YOU….Aiiiish ! The “Key” Coffee shop…You dumbie…You’re seriously getting older! Hurry UP! The GREAT Yunho is waiting!)

 

Yunho smiled as he saw her staring at the name of the coffee shop, he then escorted her inside.

Once inside, a guy hurriedly came by them, and warmly welcomed both of them and guided them to what he quoted as their “Usual” spot.

Their “Usual” spot was breathtaking, in the backyard garden of the coffee shop, stood a glass room all surrounded by flowers. Before opening the door, she read that the glass room has a name “The Key Of My Soul”

 

Stepping inside, while being guided by Yunho, a sweet fragrance brought Lina back to another lost memory

 

*Flashback*

After this emotions dripping day in the hospital with Jaelyn who was brought back to life by a miracle, Lina was weakly heading to Yunho who was waiting for her in the Key.

After greeting the staff, she directly went to the usual spot, the little glass room, the room where all her burden lighten, where all her tears fade…

A place that she owns, a place that a mad man gifted her with, a man she stabbed in the back and still was next to her.

A place gifted by Jung Yunho on their 100th day birthday.

 

Once inside, she saw him anxiously waiting for her.

“Hey” she weakly waved to him

Seeing her that drained, he hurriedly went by her side and helped her to sit “ Are you ok?” he asked her while kneeling to be at her sitting level.

 

This was the question she was waiting for all day long, a day where she saw someone that she thought as family on the verge of dying, a day where she felt like being the most hideous person on earth.

With just that “Are you ok?” question, she bursted into tears while tightly holding him

“I’m not ok Yunho, I want to leave anything…Want to run from this hell….”

His heart was aching at her heartbreaking words, he was just there, tightly holding her, so she can feel that he’s right there.

 

Minutes later, while drying her tears and getting her senses back.

She was startled by Yunho’s unbelievable words “Marry Me”

She thought she didn’t hear him right, when he got closer, intently staring at Lina’s tearful eyes “ After your divorce, Marry me, I might be 3 years late…But....Marry Me Park Lina”