Six.

Is it love at first sight?

The ride home was still and quiet than it usually was. I wanted to chat about something else that will somehow pry Gongchan off of my mind but even if the conversation's deep, no matter what, blurred images of him will reappear in my head. I felt the vehicle jerk back to a stop as the driver parked right in front of the tall gates outside of the house. 

"You three get inside. We'll come back in later," Hyorin waved us in a shooing manner, signaling us to step out of the car. 

We watched them drive off somewhere before I walked up to the gates and waited for someone to open it from the inside of the mansion. I shouldered off one of the straps of my backpack and turned my body slightly to dig up something from my backpack. I remembered Gongchan handing me a piece of paper with his phone number on it and stuffed it into my backpack that night the date ended. It was always a habit for me to stuff random things into my backpack and never broke out of that habit ever since. I heard the gates creak and made scraping noises on the concrete ground as it opened. Still searching for the small piece of paper in my backpack blindedly, I began to walk without looking forward.

"What're you looking for?" Kwangmin spoke up.

"Gongchan's phone number," I mumbled, still unable to find that damn piece of paper

"You stuffed it into your backpack last night, didn't you?" Youngmin asked in an almost accusing tone. 

"Mmhm," I replied as I finally pulled out the tiny piece of paper after searching it for the last three minutes. I hate to admit it but when it comes to my backpack, I'm obviously a clutterbug. 

As soon as we first stepped up to the front door, it was immediately opened by one of the servants, who greeted us with a 90 degree bow. We bowed back to them and let them proceed to their work. A few seconds later, Hyorin and the other servant followed in with an unfamiliar, pastel-colored box that looks like it stores a cake inside. 

"What's in the box?" I was still eyeing at the box curiously. 

"Something that you should get your nose out of. It's a surpise, Soomin," Hyorin nudged me in the shoulder and gently pushed me to go upstairs. I stuck my tongue out at her before I ascended the staircase. 

I fell back into my bed, tired and worn out from school. I was about to fall asleep until I realized I still haven't made the call to Gongchan. Still shocked that the fact that he attends my school now, I just laid there brainstorming what I should say to him without sounding so awkward. After the date, the day before I saw him at school, I felt like a breath of fresh air. Like, things were how they were used to be back then when he was around. Now, it feels all so foreign to me. 

Pathetically spending the last ten minutes thinking of what topic to stir up, I finally dialed his number and pressed call. He picked up on the second ring with a,"Hello?" 

"H-hey Gongchan!" Finally aware that he answered and mentally slapping myself for sounding like an idiot. 

"Oh, hey Soomin. What's up?" I could hear an intake of breath and then a blow of static through the phone, he must be tired as I am. 

"I just wanted to call you to see how you were doing, like I promised," I began to twirl a few strands of my hair absently.

I heard him chuckle lowly then said,"Well, I do need someone to talk to pass the time. I'm doing fine but it looked like you saw a ghost every time you glanced at me at school today."

"I didn't know that you were attending my school, that's all. And why didn't you tell me last night on that date that you were?" I tried not to sound so harsh.

"There's this thing called a surprise, Soomin. I'm pretty sure you encountered plenty of those," he said sarcastically then snickered.

"Yah! Don't talk like you're a smartass, that's my job!" I shouted.

"I learned from the best," he continued to laugh through the phone.

There was a brief pause as I was still blushing at his words but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction so I was the first to break the silence. Our conversation about random topics for a hours until he had to go and hang up. Honestly, I missed having these conversations like these when were younger. I sat up from the bed and looked down to see that I was still wearing my school uniform. Huffing a tired sigh, I stood up and walked into my closet for something comfortable to wear. I pulled out an over-sized, cream cashmere sweater that would slip off on one shoulder, a pair of white short shorts, and nothing could be more comfortable than heather grey thigh highs that hugs my legs so snuggly. I changed into the comfortable attire in the bathroom, also tying my stubbornly wavy hair in a high bun. 

I heaved my school bag along with my laptop onto the bed to get ready for homework. I pulled out my math, chemisty, and English binder out from the bag and commence on the hour long work. Gladly, I knew how to do all of the problem-solving, it's just ridiculously tedious. I was in the midst of doing my chemistry homework when I heard something hit my window. I averted my eyes from my paper to my window to see who and what was hitting it.

After a few seconds of hearing just the rustling of leaves in the wind, I focused back onto completing my chemistry homework. Not even ten seconds later, I heard my window being hit again. With an annoyed sigh, I got up from my bed and walked over to my window, opened it, and looked down to see the culprit.

Standing in the middle of the driveway was Gongchan with a handful of pebbles. I gave him an annoyed look before I shouted,"Yah! Who're you to throw pebbles at my window? Are you here to be my Romeo or something?" I stifled a giggle.

"Well, I'd love to be but that's not the plan I have for you tonight!" He shouted back.

"Tonight?" I tilted my head a bit in confusion.

"We're going out and I'm taking you somewhere nice so wear something pretty, like last night. I'm not taking no for an answer!" He winked up at me and then took a couple steps back with his arms outstretched and an expression on his face like he meant what he said. 

Well, he leaves me no choice and gave him the OK sign before I ducked my head back into my room and closed the window. Leaving Gongchan running back into the streets.

Finally, finishing my English paper online, making sure it was sent to my English teacher's website, I closed my laptop and flipped over onto my back. I laid there for a moment and sighed, curious of what Gongchan had planned for us. 

Seriously, Gongchan, why do you always have to do these kinds of stuff to make me fall head over heels for you?