Three.

Is it love at first sight?

Gongchan and I were still standing there almost awkwardly. I still couldn't believe that this is my own childhood best friend who is my date before my eyes. From his hair that looks soft to the touch to the bottom of his feet, I still remember the old Gongchan that I loved dearly as a friend. Back in the days, when we were merely children, our moms always invited us to whoever's house to have a play-date. As we grew up as teenagers, tension between us began to build. Our feelings for each other grew but the both of us never had the guts to admit it. Our hugs grew longer, our skin would brush against each other accidentally, and sometimes, our bodies would be so close, personal space wasn't even in our vocabulary. All but one of us had to do was just to lean in and let our lips meet into a kiss. I've kissed his cheeks before and so did he but, that was it. 

But the story of him leaving for seven years was unknown. I've tried literally everything to contact him but it was no use. All he left was a goodbye note on my desk one night that he'll be gone for several years in some other city, promising that he'll come back for me. I was hoping on my knees that he didn't go to other neighboring countries or overseas. Thank god, he didn't. Now, I was aching to squeeze that story out of him on this date without sounding so curious. Well, how could I? He's the only friend I could trust and rely on. We tell each other everything. He's the only guy ever I could talk to about my problems with and be able to withstand my girly talk. After about a couple minutes of just standing, I broke the silence.

"It's been a while, Gongchan." I said while letting my gaze linger until it reached his twinkly eyes. 

He cleared his throat," Yes, it has been, Soomin. How are you doing now?" He still smiled that famous, blinding smile that was incredibly infectious. 

"I'm doing fairly well. What about you, oppa? Where have you been for seven years? Did you drop off the face of the earth?" I joked without sounding too harsh. 

Gongchan looked down and smile half-heartedly. I could tell that this wouldn't be a comfortable topic for him.

"Y-you don't have to tell m-" 

He cut me off,"No, I have to tell you. You're my best friend since we were still in diapers, it would kill me if I didn't tell you what happened." His face was full of worry but it remained soft.

"M-my dad got lymphoma. So we moved out of the city to Busan, where they have a cancer treatment center so they could treat him. It turned out that they couldn't cure him because it was too severe. A-and, he only had three months to live. It was threatening his life, Soomin. After those three months, h-he died in his hospital bed." His breathing became shaky from telling his story. Tears started to well up at the corner of my eyes, threatening to fall down my cheeks but I blinked them back. 

"I'm so so sorry, Gongchan. Your dad was a great man and father. He taught you to be a gentleman and a great friend to me. He was like my second dad. He even told me I'm like his daughter he never had." I smiled brightly at the last sentence, lightening the mood and effortlessly, his face, too. Yes, that adorable smile was back. I cupped his cheek with one of my hands and rubbed it affectionately with my thumb. Looking up at him softly, he did the same as he looked down into my eyes. The heels I were wearing didn't help with my height so I still had to stand at the tip of my toes. 

"Also, I auditioned for a company and I passed it! So after about three or four years of training, I got into a boy group, B1A4." He beamed. 

B1A4. They sound so familiar. That's right, I've seen them on TV and on magazines. How come I didn't recognize him in those music videos? He was right there in the camera, too! 

"Oh, congrats! What's it like!?" I asked him almost like I was fangirling. 

So my best friend is now a famous k-pop star in a boy band. Well, this should be interesting...

"It's totally refreshing. It's so great to do music and getting to meet new people and have thousands of fans supporting and cheering you on." He replied excitingly. Ugh, he's just too cute.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy! Something to get your mind off your dad, right?" 

"Not quite. He still remains in my heart and mind but it doesn't bring me down. It only does the complete opposite. It pushes me to do my hardest and is the reason I can still smile without hiding my emotions. Because I know somewhere up there, he's watching me." I couldn't help but marvel at his dedicated words. One of the main reasons he's the dearest among friends. 

He took a step forward,"And I bet he must be giddying with happiness when he sees us together." 

I blushed profusely and dropped my head down, hiding my embarassment. I heard a deep chuckle coming from his throat, it made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Gongchan came to my side and held his bent arm out, indicating me to hook my arm in his. I giggled but complied. 

As we strolled to the table, he pulled out a chair for me. "Your seat, m'lady." 

"Hehe why thank you, kind sir," I giggled again as I sat down and pushed in the chair. 

He walked around the table and sat in his chair on the other side with that same goofy smile that I adore. 

We told each other jokes and of course, started on the "remember when" memories sure did make us either laugh out loud, awkwardly embarassed, or even regretting doing such things. The both of us already got through the appetizers, entrees, and now, desserts. Hyorin brought out a plate of a enormous slice of red velvet cake with chocolate and vanilla sauce drizzled over the cake and on the plate. We looked up at Hyorin in confusion when we see there were two forks on one plate. 

She gave us a "are you kidding me?" look,"Okay look, there's no freaking way the both of you would be able to finish one individual slice of this cake." And left us snickering. 

When there was one bite size piece left, we both looked up at each other and prepared to fight over the last piece. 

"You take it, Soomin. You love red velvet!"

"No no, you can have it. I'm really full."

"Come on, Soomin. Be a big girl and finish your food." 

"Really, Gongchan? Really? Big girl? You just had to go there?" I raised a playful eyebrow at him. 

He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest like a boss. "Yep!"

I sighed in defeat and jokingly rolled my eyes,"Okay, fine." I grunted while taking the last piece to my mouth.

"You know, too bad there weren't any noodles otherwise we'd be replaying the scene in Lady and the Tramp like we always did when we were kids." He said with soft tone in his voice. 

I leaned back in my seat like he did and warmly smiled. Scenes of playing with our spaghetti and meatballs begin to move in my head like an old motion picture. Gongchan and I taking both ends of a strand and bit the noodle inch by inch until our lips meet. And rolling the meatball back and forth with our noses covered in marinara sauce. All of it was making me smile cheek-to-cheek. God how I miss those days...

"Your mom's kimchi stew never fails to satisfy my appetite." He said as he cutely patted his stomach. 

"That's why you're so fat, oppa!" I joked. 

"Yah, careful what you say, babo!" He retorted back. 

I tried to find the nearest object to throw at him across the table without causing an injury but hope was lost when there were sharp untensils and burning candles on the table. "Huh, careful what I say? Shouldn't you treat your lady with respect and not call her babo?" 

I don't know how but Gongchan loves my smart mouth. Whenever I make some smart- comment, all he does is grin like an idiot and not even say anything back. It's like I put his guard down or something.

"Wanna go for a walk around the backyard? Er, well, courtyard?" He asked cutely. 

"Sure!" I replied while I stood up from the chair but only to be interrupted by Gongchan, who quickly walked around the table and grabbed my chair.

"Uh uh, let me," He said as he pulled the chair out for me.

I giggled at his gentleman-like gesture and stepped away from the table to his side. I hooked my arm under his and begain walking around the courtyard to god knows where. I glanced over to the other side of the walkway to see a wooden swing hanging on a tree with sturdy-looking ropes. We talked and talked about all sorts of things that warmed my heart he still remember things we did back then that I couldn't even remember. 

Gongchan led us to the start of the walkway across the moat of the house. The marbled pathway was narrow to fit the both of us side by side. The fact that I was wearing high heels didn't help either. Still struggling to keep both of my feet on the walkway, I slipped to the side. Thankfully, Gongchan caught me by the waist and arm firmly in time. 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He looked into my eyes for signs of pain. I shook my head as he helped me up on the walkway again, careful for him not to slip into the moat like I almost did. My ankle began to throb and shot shocks of pain through my body, making me wobble and almost fall forward onto the walkway. Once again, I was caught in Gongchan's arms. His touch was addicting, his big, supple hands, and scuplted arms made me feel so safe and secured. He's protected me over the years countless of times. 

"Soomin-ah! Here, let me help you." He said before he wrapped his arms under my knees and back, carrying me bridal style. If I wasn't feeling safe before, I definitely feel I'm the main character in one of Hyorin's romance novels now. I was blushing into his chest as held carried me. His hand brushing my arm as held my back, his other arm and hand touching and rubbing against my smooth legs. He set me down on the nearest stone bench on the other side of the walkway gently. 

"Where does it hurt?" Gongchan got on one knee and frantically looked over my body for signs of injury.

"My ankle." I said with my face twisting in slight pain. He began to examine the area and rubbed it rather roughly, making me wince sharply in pain. He stood up and then reached out a hand. I hesitantly took his hand and gave him a confused look. 

"Can you still walk?" He still had one of his hands in mine while the other was resting on the small of my back. With a subtle push, I began to walk slowly, checking to see if I was limping or still feeling sharp pain as I put pressure on that foot. Luckily, I was walking normally and only felt a little pain. I turned my head around, making one side of my hair throw over my shoulder, to look at him with a smile, almost flirtatiously without intending to. He squirmed in his spot at the gesture. 

"Well, you seem fine. Even though you sometimes waddle like a penguin when you walk." He snickered while putting his hands his pockets and leaned against the tree with the swing hanging on it. 

I came up to him and playfully pushed at his chest. "Yah, at least I don't smile an idiot the whole time!" 

Gongchan, without thinking, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in close. 

"Wh-what're you do-"

"Shh shh." He hushed me before he leaned in slowly, waiting for me to back out from what's about to happen. I was paralyzed to move a muscle, I could only gawk at him with my lips slightly parted.

"Have I ever told you look so beautiful to me?" His whispers ghosting over my lips. Our foreheads gently bumped into each other and he let our lips hover before he grinned cheek to cheek, making me mimick his grin. My hands found their way to his shoulders, his arms still wrapped around my waist and his hands interlocked behind my back. He leaned forward slowly and I did the same...

Everything that was pent up in our hormonal bodies finally exploded into wild colors. Finally, at this exact moment, all of the tension that was built over the years is released. I felt like I was on cloud 9 as we kissed. Our lips pressed softly against each other. It only lasted for several seconds until I finally released the kiss and brought our lips back together with all of the courage I could muster. Gongchan, who I thought would take the lead, did the process over and over again. Too embarassed to realize it, we were making out in my courtyard by a tree. Everybody is probably spying on us from somewhere by now. But, all of this felt like a breath of fresh air to have any care in the world. Here, kissing my own best friend for years. All of the blissful seconds were passing by in slow motion. We could stay like this forever. Hell, I really, really wanted it to...

Gongchan's lips were softer than a whisper. I wanted it to touch mine for god knows how long. As he leaned back, his lips were slightly puckered until they relaxed. I could tell he wanted more.

"I've been waiting to do that ever since puberty hit me." He spoke gently, causing me to giggle at his words. I never felt this way with a guy before. Sure, I've liked a few boys in the past when he away but with him, it was a totally different feeling. It felt like we had so much history even though we were only best friends. 

Gongchan brought his wrist up to his face and looked at his watch. I heard his curse under his breath. 

"I hate to leave so soon but I should get going." His face dropped a bit in sadness. I died a little on the inside when he said he had to leave. I want him to stay with me until the next day. And the day after...

"Where are you staying?" I asked him as we walked back to the other side of the walkway. Luckily, not slipping and falling this time. 

"Oh, I'm staying in a hotel with the boys. We're still looking for a nice place to live back here in the city. My parents' house would be impossible to fit all five of us." He chuckled lowly. 

"Oh! How's your little brother doing!?" I looked at him with curiosity and amusement. 

"He's doing really well in general. I miss the little brat. But I got to see him and my parents before I got here." He answered with his blinding smile. 

Grinning back at him, thankful that he's so happy all the time, no matter what mood he's in, he'd do anything to make himself smile when he's around me. 

We walked up the steps of the courtyard and stood there for a moment. Gongchan stepped forward and cupped my face. His deep, chocolate brown eyes staring deep into my orbs. All I could see is love and affection swirling around in his eyes. It was hypnotizing, really. I could get lost in it forever.

He leaned in brushed his lips against my cheek before kissing it long enough for me to snap out of his trance. 

"I'll see you real soon. Just call me, okay?" He spoke gently enough to show how much he really cares about me. He shoved his hand into his pocket and fished for a little piece of paper with his phone number on it. I gladly took it from his hand and walked him through the kitchen and living room until we reached the front door. 

Hesitantly, we gave each other a rather long hug goodbye. He let go of the hold and ran his hand through my hair lovingly. 

"Tonight's been one of the greatest nights of my life. I'm so glad I got to spend it with you, Soomin." He emphasized the word "life". 

"Me too, Gongchan-oppa. Good night!" I waved at him.

"Sure is! Jaljayo. Good night." He said his goodbye before he left with that same dazzling smile that will all be what I'm thinking about for the next few days. As I closed the door, I leaned back against it and held back a cheeky smile by biting my lip. 

"Sooo how did it go?" Hyorin asked full of excitement as she came out of nowhere.

I jumped when I saw her but smiled widely. "It was...oh my gosh, words can't even express how perfect it was. Despite I tripped on my ankle and almost fell in the water but everything else was perfect." 

"Oh, let me take care of that. I'll be right back with a first aid kit. Just wondering, what's your relationship with him before this date?" Hyorin questioned.

"A really good friend. He was my childhood best friend." I said giddily.

"Did he tell you that he's in a famous boy group?" She grinned knowingly.

"Haha yeah, he did. I couldn't believe it, actually. Makes him even more worthy." I giggled.

"So, do you see any future dates happening soon?" 

"Most definitely."

***

I stripped myself out of my dress, feeling too lazy to get ready for bed. I reached my hands up to my hair to remove the floral pin but, I felt nothing but curly hair. I searched for the pin around and in my hair. Nothing. Until it hit me that Gongchan ran his hand through my hair earlier and must've sneakily removed the pin without it tugging my hair. Aish, he'll never stop being a dork, will he? 

Admiring myself in the mirror, the way my hair fell onto my back, my body perfectly scuplted, and my makeup still perfect like it was just applied, thanks to Hyorin-unnie. After school, I would always hit the gym that's in my house and spend about an hour working out on my body. For once, I feel confident under my own skin. 

Finally, dragging my lazy , I slipped into my pajamas, washed my face, brushing out the curls to create waves, and slipped under the sheets. 

First thing I dreamt of, Gongchan.

***

Gongchan's POV

I finally got to my hotel suite, rooming with Baro and Sandeul. Geez, those two need to get their own room. Tonight was exhilarating. I relished every second of the date and it was absolutely perfect with her. I'd never never thought that day would come because I didn't know if she had the same feelings for me. But tonight, I got my answer and I'm pretty satisfied with it. 

For the past hour, I've been toying with Soomin's flowery hair pin. So sparkly and ruffly. Thank god, she didn't notice me. It looked so beautiful on her silky, curly hair. Without anyone looking, I brought it up to my nose and sniffed in the aroma of her hair. It got me so intoxicated, she smelled so wonderful. Every time I held her, I had to make sure my arms covered her completely, making her feel safe in my arms. Because I know she loves that feeling. I want her to know that she will be mine soon. I want her to be my everything. I want her to love me the same way I did for the past years we've known each other. Even as a kid, I thought I fell in love with her when I first saw her. I wasn't the normal boy who would fight over a silly toy with another girl. Instead, I gave her my toys and snacks. I wanted to make her happy with the little actions. 

Now that the first date ended, I felt like the happiest and luckiest boy on this Earth. I thought all of these feelings I was enduring right now were happening too fast after a first date but I didn't care. Now all of it was churned and pent up inside me for over a decade. Just the thought of losing her breaks my heart into a million of unfixable pieces. I mentally vowed to never lose her at any point. Gongchan, you can do this, I started chanting in my head. In an instant, sleep began to take over me. 

The first image I saw in my dreams; Soomin.

 


Okay so I made this chapter longer than I thought lol

but I kept awwing at myself for writing such cutesy stuff lol. Lame, I know...

oh well, I hope you guys like this chapter! Despite how long it is haha

please comment what you think, subscribe and check out the my other stories if you haven't :D 

saranghae <3

here's cutie gongchan c: