One.

Is it love at first sight?

     I love sitting by my window and hear the light beats of rain hitting the glass softly. It was a pretty color of dusty blue with different shades of gray clouds here and there. I was sitting with my knees up against my chest and my head against the cool window pane, clad with a cream cashmere sweater, white pajama shorts and my favorite pair of gray thigh socks. I let my rich brown/red hair drape down onto my shoulders instead of folding it up into a tight bun like I usually do on a lazy day like this. It was one of those days where I could relax and only spend it by myself. I live in a huge home which you could pretty much call it a mansion since both of my parents are successful entrepreneurs. I also live with my two older brothers who aren't like any older brothers you'd have to put up with. They don't tease or pull pranks on their little sister. Instead, they're both loving, caring, and like any older brothers, very protective. Not to mention, they're both identical twins named, Jo Youngmin, the oldest, and Jo Kwangmin, the youngest of the two.

My name is Jo Soomin. Of course my parents named me with "min" in it. My family is just like any other family, loving and protective. Except we're millionaires so we have a totally different lifestyle than others. Unlikemost spoiled, snobby, rich girls, I'm treated fairly around the house even with servants and what not. As you can see, I want to live normally. I don't treat my servants like slaves or carelessly throw trash when needed just so my servants could clean up after me. No. I clean up after myself so my servants wouldn't have to do so. It's difficult since my servants do literally almost everything for me. They pick and choose my outfit for school the night before, they groom and dress me up to leave the house for whatever reason, they serve me snacks even when I didn't tell them to, etc. I want to give them a break for their hard work they do around the house. They're like my close friends I can come to 24 hours in the day and 7 days in the week. Every now and then, one of them would come into my room and check up on me if I needed anything. 

The servant I was the closest was Hyorin and she tried comforting me in any way she could. Nothing was wrong with me, really, it's just that the weather reflects my mood even I'm infatuated with it, but the way she askes me so motherly says otherwise. 

"Are you sure you don't want anything? I could make you some more of your favorite hot chocolate!" with that she said with her cheeky smile that I adore so much. I loved every single fiber of her. The way her honey blonde hair cascades down her shoulders and how her eyes twinkles even in the dimmest light. She was like the sister I never had.

"Hyorin-unnie, gwaenchanayo. And sure! I'd love some more, please," I said softly. Honestly, I've never had a delicious cup of cinnamon hot chocolate since last winter so I wanted at lease one cup of it and to also stop Hyorin from nagging.

She came back into my room to slowly walk towards me with a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and a warm smile which only made me smile warmly in return. I reached out my left hand to grab the hot cup, carefully not to burn out. Instead, I extended my sweater sleeves to hold onto the cup without burning myself. I raised the cup to my mouth and took a little sip of it and noticed a few mini marshmallows floating in the cup, the way I always like my hot chocolate. I gave her another warm smile and settled the cup in between my legs, being hugged by my pajama pants. She then reached out her hand.

"Come on, Soomin-ah. Let's go for a walk," with a smile, I gladly took her hand whilst holding onto my hot chocolate with my other free hand.

We were walking down the hallways slower than usual. We could hear the twins playing foosball downstairs in the living room. I never really got to spend quality time with my two oppas but since Hyorin grabbed me for a little tour around the house, I decided we would hang out later.

"So Hyorin-unnie, what's on your mind?" I asked.

"Well, I never got the time to hang out with you or let alone have a girl-to-girl conversation since I'm so busy house-keeping with others. So I decided on my day-off, I thought I'd be glad to take the time," she explained. I was more than delighted to spend the day with my unnie instead of by myself.

"Awh, unnie you're so nice! So what do you wanna talk about? Girl stuff? Boys?" I emphasized the last word with a little raise of my eyebrow and a slight, suggestive tone.

"I definitely want you in the latest trends but I think boys would be more fun," she winked at me.

"So? Do you have a boyfriend or not!?" Sounding impatient.

"Not at the moment but I know a nice, young man who's interested in you," she playfully nudged my shoulder.

I've never been in a relationship with a boy before. Youngmin-oppa, Kwangmin-oppa, Hyorin-unnie, and even my parents push me to go out and date. Of course being the protective family, my "date" has to be approved. I'm not sure if I could date now or later so why not give it a try? I'm sure the guy's nice.

"I don't know. I don't think I'm ready to go out with a guy. I've never been on a date before."

"Soomin-ah, you're beautiful, kind, funny, caring, determined, intelligent, and a wonderful girl. How can you not be? Have you noticed the way boys look at you when you we go out? They practically drool and then eventually, fantasize about you. Come on, a gorgeous girl like you shouldn't stay single. Not now, not ever."

I grinned cheek to cheek at her words.

After a few moment of thinking, I finally agreed.

"Hmm, okay. But if this first date come out to be a disaster, I'm blaming all of it on you."

"Okay, deal!" She replied with her signature bright smile and clapped her hand together. I lightly chuckled at her adorable reaction. If she wasn't hired to be a servant for the house, or should I say mansion, I honestly wouldn't be the bubbly, lively person I am today, thanks to her. I didn't notice that we landed on the first floor of the living room where we saw the twins competitively play foosball. Aish, these two...


Hi again! I'll be writing the next chapter later today! ;D so keep your eye out on this one! Don't worry, everyone else will come in the later chapters c: pleaaase comment and subscribe!