Chapter Six: A Star

The spark

OST1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUPlLx_3gJY

 

He couldn’t see anyone, the crowd in the station had disappeared, he only saw her…Alone!

He couldn’t understand why she was crying, he only knew her 2 days ago. Why was he even caring!

She then straightened herself,  dried her tears, then went to the exit.

 

That time, Jaejoong was the one that felt like he was abandoned, without second thoughts, he quickly got up and followed her.

When he was in the exit, he saw that she was about to take a cab.

He then screamed “Hey, you thief!”

She turned around, and her face instantly lightened up with a smile when she saw him.

She hurried to him, then paused in front of him and gave him the coffee that she was carrying.

Jaejoong was surprised by the fact that she didn’t blame him or whine because he left her.

He casually took the coffee, and said “ where are you going with my suitcase, are you some sort of thief??”

She brightly smiled “Your suitcase was my hostage in case you think of running away from me….Ah, Is your coffee at your taste, I figured out it was the only way to wake you up!”

He smiled “How did you know I like cafe latte!”

“The first time we met, it was what you were drinking! A cafe latte!”

He smiled. Lana then said “Now, let’s find a place where to crash!”

 

Aix En Provence was a quite a little town in south France, near Marseille. It was a beautifully cozy and small place, exactly what Jaejoong needed.

While looking for the hotel, he was surprised to see that Lana was easily speaking French.

Although, it was difficult to find a hotel, since it’s summer, the little city was crowded by tourists.

After a LOT of searching, Lana finally managed to find a hotel

“So, I finally found a hotel….”

She bit her lips then continued “But….They have only ONE room left!”

“WHAT!” screamed Jaejoong!

“Hey, I should be the one protesting! I’ve looked everywhere, it’s the only place left!” retorted Lana

“I can’t, you can go, I’ll look for something else!”

“Pfff! As you like!I’m really exhausted, I was running around to find a place with these heels, I’m exhausted, do  as you please!” Lana then gave Jaejoong his suitcase, and entered  the hotel without looking back.

Jaejoong was blankly staring “ Following me like a puppy, and now leaving me…Like that!”

He ruffled,   and angrily his hair, then went to look for another place.

 

He was now walking for 2 hours, and couldn’t find anything, he was beyond exhausted! And was angrily cursing Lana “She left me just like that, spoiled brat! What she wanted me to do? Spend the night with her, in the same room, the same bed!”

While he was walking down for the 5th time the principal avenue, rain started falling.

He started speeding up the pace, and wanted to cross the street to get to a place to hide, but the traffic lights were green, he has to wait.

While he was intently looking at the lights, he suddenly couldn’t feel the rain anymore on him, but he could still see it, he turned around and saw her, behind him, blocking the rain with an umbrella, sweetly smiling.

How can she be always there, every time he felt down?

“I knew I’ll find you here!”

He was still staring at her, this time not out of annoyance, but out of something else he couldn’t figure out. He was reassured by her appearance.

“ We will get all wet, let’s go!”

He silently followed her to the hotel, when they got in, he said “Listen, we can’t sleep in the same bed, it’s..”

“It’s a room with TWO separate beds!”

“Ha! Why didn’t you tell me!”

“Because you didn’t ask!”

She smiled then got to the reception where she got the keys..

“Come on!”

Jaejoong was still hesitating

“I won’t you, if that what you’re afraid of!”

“YA!” he then grabbed his suitcase and followed her!

************************

Jaejoong got out of the bathroom after having a refreshing shower, Lana was out to do some shopping, “to have finally a luggage” as she said to him.

He laid on the bed, and started thinking about everything, then he found himself thinking about that annoying girl that now was sharing a room with him.

It was already night, while thinking, he switched to dream land, and slept out of exhaustion.

 

While he was sleeping, something bothered him, a sound was bothering him, some sort of whining.

He groaned and said “Ya, Changmin-a stop it”

But the sound wasn’t calming down, he then opened his eyes, and remembered where he was, and with who. Lana was lying on the other bed, sleeping, but she was out of breath, whining, he couldn’t tell if she was having a nightmare or if she is sick.

He quickly got up, and went by her side, he slowly touched her shoulder “Lana, wake up!”

She closed her eyes tighter, like she was in pain, she was sweating, he then touched her forehead, she was burning.

Jaejoong panicked “What should I do?!”, then shook her “Mia, do you hear me??!”

She was still whining, he couldn’t think straight, went to the bathroom and came with a bowl of cold water, and a towel, and said to himself “If she isn’t getting better, I’ll call the reception desk”

He started putting the  wet towel on her forehead, and starting wiping the sweat, minutes later the whining were getting lower and lower.

“She’s getting better!”, the temperature was getting down.

*********

Jaejoong woke up the next morning, and was feeling awful, his body was aching, indeed he was sitting on the ground resting his head on the bed….Lana’s bed…He remembered what happened yesterday and quickly opened his eyes to look for Lana, she wasn’t in her bed.

He quickly got up, and started looking for her in the bathroom, and all around the room, but he couldn’t find her.

He then quickly changed his clothing , and was about to go out when Lana entered the room

“Goooood Morniiiing!”

She then showed the two bags that she was carrying “ Croissant & Café latte!!!”

“Ya!!! Where were you???”

Lana opened her eyes out of surprise “What??!”

Jaejoong still frustrated “ You were sick as a dog yesterday, what were you thinking about going out in your state! Are you insane!”

Lana kept looking at him, then busted into a loud laughter. Jaejoong was angrily staring at her.

“Ohhhh! You worried about meeeeee!!!!” she chanted

“You really are a spoiled brat! Really!” Then he was about to rush outside, when she grabbed his wrist, he then turned around “I’m sorry.....and thank you for caring about me!”

Still seeing his angry face, she pouted then got the breakfast bag in front of his face “ My apology, freshly baked French croissant!”

She then dragged him, he sat on the bed, she put a little table in front of him, then started unpacking the breakfast while humming a song.

Jaejoong was looking at her, and smiled, she is really crazy, but so sweet and easygoing.

She came and put the croissant and the café latte in front of him, then put hers and sat across him.

When they started eating, Jaejoong asked her “What happened yesterday? You were so sick!”

“Ah that! Just the rain from yesterday, don’t worry! I’m better now!!” She smiled and showed her tiny muscles to prove that she is fine

Jaejoong laughed, and continued eating

“But thank you, I’m sorry I troubled you!”

He smiled then continued eating.

 

They passed the day walking in the tiny streets of the town, Jaejoong was taking pictures of everything, while Lana was touching every corner of every building, monument or statue they saw.

In the night, Lana heard that an event was held in the observatory of the town, open to the public, where people can be introduced to the area of astronomy

“We will see stars!!” she was saying that for the 100th time!

“I’ll go with you, just stop bothering me with that!”

 

OST2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1T7EuEa5qc&feature=relmfu

 

When they got to the observatory, a girl welcomed them then asked them something in french, Lana giggled then responded to the girl.

Then she asked them to follow her. After walking, they got in a sort of piece with a telescope, invited them in then wished them a good session.

The room had a glass roof; the light of the moon was the only light of the room. Jaejoong was weirdly looking through the room..

“Jaejoong come see the stars!”

Lana was already looking through the telescope. He came close to her and asked “Why are we alone here?”

While still looking through the telescope she answered “ It’s a room for couples, a couple session!”

“WHAT!!!”

Before he could start arguing, Lana dragged him closer, and made him look through the telescope, the telescope was already set on a position, on a certain star. That star was brighter than the others, she was in the center but the other stars were far away from her. While he was still looking, Lana said “They said, we can buy a star…What do you think about this one?? I’m going to buy it!”

Jaejoong was still looking through the telescope “Why?”

“Because she is a lonely star, all the others are ignoring her, she needs comfort, so I’ll buy her! So she would know that someone is caring about her!”

Jaejoong was still looking at the star, but he has perfectly heard Lana’s words, it weirdly touched him, it seemed like she was talking about him, the lonely star.

She then pushed him “Let me see her again, my little Jae Na”

“Jae Na??”

“Jae from Jaejoong and Na from Lana!”

“You are really mental!”

“I know!”

She continued to look through the telescope.

 

Jaejoong walked around the room, then sat on the wood flooring, then lied and started staring at the sky through the glass roof.

After some time, Lana silently lied down next to him, and slowly whispered “Music?”

Without responding Jaejoong got his ipod from his pocket, dropping on the floor something in the same time. Put on his Ipod, put an earphone on his ear and gave the other to Lana.

They stayed for a long hour in the same position, looking at the night sky, while listening to Jaejoong’s music.

Jaejoong mind was wandering around, he thought about his group mates, his early days in the entertainment world, the demons that were haunting him.

Then he thought about Lana, the girl next to him, sharing this intimate moment with him, although he just met her 4 days ago.

He slowly turned his eyes to see her, her eyes were closed, while her hands were moving at the rhythm of the music.

Her profile was near perfect, her small face, her cherry lips, her eye smile. This crazy girl was doing something to him, she has some sort of magical powers. Although he wanted to stay alone, but weirdly now he wouldn’t want to stay alone! No he wouldn’t want her to leave him alone…At least, during this time.

At this time, Lana slowly opened her eyes, and turned to see Jaejoong. She found him staring at her, he didn’t bother himself changing his position, neither she.

Normally, in these cases, Jaejoong would do a move, and go for a kiss, and then conclude with a heated night.

But Lana didn’t inspire him that, he wanted just to remain like this, just looking at her comforting eyes, that in some manners told him that he is not alone.

 

At this moment, the door opened, and the girl that walked them in said : The session is finished!

Both of them got up in a glimpse.

Lana uttered: Ok, thank you

The girl awkwardly smiled and closed the door.

The ipod of Jaejoong was still on the ground, when he was about to grab him, he saw the bracelet and grabbed him “I need to get rid of it! Why am I carrying it for god sake!” he thought

When he was about to put both the ipod and the bracelet in his pocket, Lana grabbed his wrist to stop him, then slowly looked at him

“What is my bracelet doing with you!?”

Jaejoong surprised “YOUR bracelet?!”