Ring [feat. Yoseob]

One and Only

You look over and admire the view. From the hill you’re standing on, you can see Seoul covered in blankets of snow.

On your right shoulder hangs an oversized bag. You instinctively reach into it and grab your most favorite camera.

You drop your heavy bag on the soft, green grass and wear the camera strap on your neck, turning it on, and start snapping pictures of Seoul. 

“Yah!” Someone calls out. The voice made you jump in surprise and pout in anger. 

“HEY! You know better than to disturb an artist at work.” You say in an angry tone.

“Really, Yang Yoseob.”

He smiles childishly at you, which you responded with death glares.

While you continue taking pictures of Han River, Yoseob puts down his bag and sits down. Your eyes wander over to his unusually big bag and you ask, “What’s in there?” 

“Things.” His quick answer made you raise an eyebrow at him. 

“Oh, I almost forgot!” You exclaim, forgetting the topic about his bag completely. You walk over to your equally oversized bag and pull out a box wrapped in plain white paper and a big red bow. “Here,” You hand over the present to Yoseob. 

“Can you give that to your mom? Tell her it’s from my mom.” 

“What about mine?” You sit down and see him pouting, his arms folded. You pinch his cheeks and giggle.

You’ve known Yoseob since you two were kids. He sits upright and looks up at the clouds.

“Do I make you smile, ______?” He asks in a distant voice.

Baffled at his question, you stifle a laugh. 
He leans in closer and says “I’m serious” in a tone he rarely uses. You clap your hands on his cheeks and start squeezing it.

“Of course I do, Yang Yoseob. We’re best friends, aren’t we?”

You mess up his hair before lying on the grass, looking for familiar shapes in the clouds. He lays down beside you so that your hands are almost touching. 

“Seob. Do you remember Junhyung?”

“That delinquent who had a crush on you?” You glare at him, trying to figure out why you tell him these things. 

“YAH! He’s not a delinquent.” He lets out a loud chuckle that only made you glare even more intensely.

“Anyway,” You continue. “He asked me out. I was thinking of saying yes.”

You tell him in hopes that you’ll find his reaction as the answer to whether it is a good idea to say yes. You wait a few moments, only to be asked a question with an obvious answer.

“So Junhyung asked yoou on a date, huh?” 

Suddenly, he grabs your hand closest to his and interlocks them, his grip on it tight. Then he stood up, with your hand still interlocked and lifts you up so that you’re both standing, your bodies inches from each other.

Surprised by what just happened, you are unable to stop him when he grabs you by your waist and stares intently into your eyes.

You open your mouth to speak but not a word came out. Then he puts his hands around your neck. 

“Well, you tell that Junhyung dude that you’re inlove with your best friend and that he’s the extremely jealous type.” He says, and with that, he leans on so close that you fell him breathing and kisses you passionately. 

It seemed like hours when he finally lets go of you. But not before making you promise that you’ll do what he said, a huge, childish smile plastered on his face. Your mind was still processing what happened that your only response was an embarrassed smile. 

“YAH! Aren’t you coming?” You turn around to see Yoseob already wearing his backpack and realize that you’ve been staring blankly into space. Regaining your consciousness, you hurry up to grab your bag and catch up with him. 

“Hey Yoseob, you never told me what’s in your bag.” You say to him, poking it in the process. 

“My things, gifts for mom,” He finally tells you, the ends of his mouth curving up into a mischievous smile, “and a ring.”

“A what?” He looks up at the clouds before looking down on his watch. 

Gajja, Mom’s waiting for us. We better hurry.” 

“Wait, Yoseob.” You try catching up to him as he runs down the hill in full speed. 

“What did you say was in your bag again?”

The End