Chapter 2

The child's wish

Choi Siwon sat in his office staring blankly into his computer screen, his mind still occupied with thoughts about the argument he had with his ex wife just the previous night. He rubs his temples in frustration before letting out another yawn. Not only did the argument trample his mood but it also stripped him of his precious sleep.

Yawning once more, the young man then leans back against his seat, placing both hands on each side of the arm rest as he attempted to get some rest to make up for the sleep he had lost. He closes his eyes shut, taking one big breath of air in before exhaling out.

He didn’t know why, but he started reminiscing about that night.

“DONT TOUCH ME!”

“HONEY IT ISN’T WHAT YOU THINK IT IS! LET ME EXPLAIN!”

“GET YOUR FILTY HANDS OFF ME! I HATE YOU!”

Siwon’s eyelids fluttered slightly as he meditated on the memories of that faithful night. He remembered how pathetic he looked that time, trying to prove his innocence to Sooyoung.

"HONEY PLEASE JUST HEAR ME OUT!”

“LET ME GO!!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!”

His starts to breath inconsistently at the memories, his face slowly wrinkling into a frown, his grip on his armrest tightens to the point where his veins were starting to show.

“Daddy?”

Siwon’s eyes flew open the moment he felt someone tugging on his leg. He looks down to find his daughter staring at him with a look of curiosity plastered on her face. Clearing his mind off the past memories, he proceeds to carry Yoobin up and settles her on his lap.

“Is something wrong sweetheart?” he asked her while trying hard not to sound too troubled, immediately getting a nod from her as a response to his question.

“No daddy. Is something wrong daddy?”

“Nope Yoo, daddy’s fine, don’t worry about me okay? I’m just a little tired, that’s all. Why don’t you go and play with your toys?”

“Okay daddy..”

Siwon flashes his smile at her before he plants a kiss on her head, he puts her back down to the floor, watching her make her way back to her toys when she suddenly stopped on her tracks and turned her head to face her father.

“Yes Yoo?” he asks her.

“Daddy, don’t forget about tonight ok? You have to come.”

Siwon mentally did a face-palm to himself. He had been so preoccupied with the whole drama between him and his ex wife that he had totally forgotten to tell his daughter that he wasn’t going to make it for dinner.

Tensing up a little, he then starts.

“Erm, sweetheart?” He stares into her big eyes, wishing that he didn’t had to say what he was about to say.

“I-I won’t be able to make it for dinner tonight.”

A mark of horror flashed a crossed Yoobin’s face as he said that, she turns herself fully towards her father’s direction.

“B-But daddy you promised me yesterday!”

“Sweetheart, just hear daddy out.” he gets up his seat and make his way to her, and once reaching her, bends down to meet her eyes, taking her by the side of the arms.

“Daddy..” he starts. “Daddy’s got things to do later on in the night, and I have to get them done by tomorrow. If not my boss’s is going to get angry at me.”

“Can I talk to your boss for you daddy?” Yoobin asked him oh so innocently.

Siwon looks at his daughter, slightly amused by what she had just said. kids, their minds are just so innocent.

“Now sweetheart, as much as I like to have you talk to my boss, it’s not going to be a good idea. I’m really sorry Yoo.”

Disappointment soon spread across the little girl’s face, she proceeds to hang her head low.

“Hey Yoo, come on.” Siwon squeezed the sight of her arms to get her to look at him. “Don’t be like this alright?”

Yoobin only stays quiet, still looking at the floor, causing the already guilt stricken father to feel worst.

“Sweetheart, please don’t be mad-“

Siwon is interrupted when he hears a knock coming from outside his office door. He turns his head to take a look through the glass wall, finding his best friend, Jung Yunho, standing out there smiling at him. Yunho brings a hand up and waves at him before making his way inside.

Brushing that off, Siwon then turns back to his daughter as he attempted to pacify her once more.

“Yoo please? I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

He heaves out a sigh as his third attempt failed. Giving up, he lets go of her, thinking that it was probably best to let her be by herself for now.

“Did I come at the wrong timing?”

Siwon stands up straight, turning to face his friend. “No, i-it’s alright, I should probably just leave her alone first.”

Yunho nods his head before looking at Yoobin, who was now quietly making her way back to her toys.

“Soo brought her to visit you last night?” he asked as he went to take a seat. Siwon does likewise, heading back to his desk.

“Yea.” Siwon uttered a sigh as he brought both his hands up to bury his face in them.

“Hey, you alright?”

Siwon doesn’t say anything, goading Yunho to ask him whether they had an argument again. From what he had known, it was always like this every single time siwon and sooyoung saw each other.

Siwon takes his head away from his hands, sighing once more before relaying the story to his friend about last night’s incident.

“Yoobin asked if I could go over and have dinner with them tonight before I brought her to sleep. She..” Siwon says, referring to Sooyoung. He had to be careful with mentioning Sooyoung’s name for Yoobin was in their presence. “She came an hour later to get her stuff.”

Siwon closes his eyes, gritting his teeth at what he was about to say.

“I asked her if I could come over for dinner, she refused to let me come. I tried persuading her but she wouldn’t hear anything of it. We went on and on and...it led her into bringing up that time when she caught me and that..that woman.”

Yunho looks at his best friend sympathetically. “I’m sorry man.”

Jung Yunho, tall, smart and handsome, he knew siwon since birth. They have been best friends for the past 26 years. They practically treat the other as if he was his real life blood brother.

If one were to describe their friendship, he/she would compare them like the 2 sides of a coin, as both were not able to do or survive without the other halve, and were bent on going wherever the other goes.  

That in turn also explains why they were having the same job and interest. Not to mention, they used to live (before the havoc between Sooyoung and Siwon started.) pretty near to each other, further indicating their friendship (and the coin theory.)

Because of that, people who knew them well often tease and make fun of them, giving them the title ‘GFF’, short for ‘gay friends forever’, and while they didn’t like that term given to them, they also couldn’t deny, and stand the fact that their friendship was really similar to that of a gay couple.

Aside from that, Yunho’s was also one of the few people that knew about the situation Siwon was in, and as such, has been trying to help him and Sooyoung patch back together, sadly, the brunette would not hear of any explanations that he had. He feels angry for his friend and holds a grudge against the woman who was responsible for tearing apart Siwon and his family.

“Wanna get a drink and talk about it?” He asks him, not knowing how else he could help him other than being there for him to hear him out.

Siwon swipes a hand  through his hair. “No, I can’t. What about Yoobin?”

“What do you mean what about Yoobin? We bring her along of course!” Yunho rolls his eyes at him.

“And what? Let her hear me rant out all the stuffs about her mother?” Siwon soften down at the last sentence. “Bro, my kid’s 5, not stupid.”

“Oh don’t worry about that.” Yunho casually dismisses Siwon’s worries. “We can work it out. I’ll get fany to come along with the twins. That way, we enjoy ourselves together while she brings them somewhere to play.”

Siwon suspires, he didn’t feel like going anywhere now for the time being. Right now, all he wanted to do was to just get over the day with his work, head back home, get into a nice hot shower, have his dinner and go to sleep.

He looks up to his friend the moment he felt Yunho’s hand on his shoulders, he was giving him a look of concern.

“Hey man, you do know right? That’s its good to sometimes let out what you’re really feeling, you can’t possibly keep everything to yourself.”

“I-I know..But-“

“No buts.” Yunho quickly cuts him off, pulling his friend out of his seat. “Look, I don’t care, right now all I want you to do is to grab Yoobin now and get ready. We’re going out for a drink together and thats final. Don’t worry about work or anything related to it, you have nothing major to do today anyways.”

With that, Yunho heads towards the door, but not before turning back to his friend. “See ya downstairs in 10.”

”Hey I didn’t agree-“

Too late, Yunho took off. Siwon stared at the spot where his best friend had just left, groaning in discontentment. “Jerk.. do I always have to do things your way?”

-----

“I just don’t get it..” Siwon says, looking at Yunho. “Why do we always have to get into such unnecessary and stupid arguments every time we meet each other? Why is it that she has to find fault with me in every speck of things? Can’t we just hang out together without getting at each other’s neck?”

It’s been around half an hour or so since Siwon and Yunho left their workplace. The duo met up with Tiffany, whose Yunho’s wife and also Sooyoung’s best friend, at the usual coffee shop that the 2 would meet up to catch up. Tiffany then brought Yoobin and her twins across the road, where the playground was facing directly opposite the coffee shop Siwon and Yunho were at.

Yunho sets his cup of tea down after 1 sip of it, he looks at Siwon before speaking. “Man I really don’t know what to say. Maybe just try not to agitate her the next time she comes and bring Yoobin along?”

“Dude, have you not been listening to a word I’ve been saying for the past half an hour?!”Siwon groans, perplexed. “It’s as if she’s trying to find an excuse in every little thing to start an argument with me!”

“Alright alright! Chill!” Yunho says, bringing both his hands up. “Maybe we should stop talking about this for now.”

“Hey, it was your damn idea! You told me to let out all my crazies!”

“Touche.”

Siwon rolls his eyes at his friend before he leans back against his seat. He turns to look at the playground, watching Yoobin play with her 2 friends and tiffany. Watching them having fun with that bright and big smiles plastered on their sort of calmed his nerves down a little.

“They’ve really grown eh? Your kids, I mean.” Siwon says as the light wind brushes against his face.

Yunho looks at Siwon, before looking at the direction at where he’s looking at. He lets out a small chuckle before answering him.

“Yea, they sure did.”

“Last I saw them, they were still having trouble with walking.” Siwon monitors his twins, who were running about in the playground. “Now, they’re running and what seems to be, screaming at the top of their lungs.”

“Urgh..Don’t remind me about their screaming.” Yunho groans. “They’ve been annoy the crap out of me and fany every since they started learning to scream.”

Siwon laughs to that. “Have you guys started using the cane on them?”

“If you count warning them with the cane with them then yea, if not, no. We haven’t beaten them once in our lives. Well, I attempted to, but fany threatened to end me if I ever beat them with the cane. You know how she is with kids.”

“Funny, and she used to be so awkward with babies and kids last time.”

“And now she loves kids so much, she’s spoiling them.” Yunho jokes and Siwon chuckles back in response.

“5 years of blissful marriage with her and still going on strong.”  Siwon sighs. “Why can’t I have that with her?”

Yunho notices the tiny bit of disappointment in his friend’s voice, he takes a look into Siwon’s eyes, capturing a glimpse of negativity in them. “Come on bro, quit acting like that.”

“I just wished I could go back in time, and stopped myself from doing that foolish mistake, it’s my fault for hurting her.”

“Hey it wasn’t your fault alright?” Yunho interjects. “You didn’t know what you were doing ok? It’s that entire woman’s fault. Had she not done what she did to you, you would have still been having a happy marriage with Soo.”

Siwon smiles bitterly at Yunho’s statement, still looking at the girls. “It would be great If she had your kind of view on stuffs.”

“Come on, please stop being like this.”

“Look I can’t help it alright?” Siwon says, grabbing a few strands of hair before balling his hand into a fist. “I just can’t accept the fact that I hurt her this much, that she has to struggle so much because of me. But I also can’t stand the fact that she wouldn’t get the whole story of what happened, if only she allowed me to explain myself, but no, she’s just too stubborn for all this.”

“Look won, I understand what you’re going through now, but-“

“No you don’t know what I’m going through now!” Siwon says, clearly frustrated.

“You’ve never experience any of these kinds of situation before, never been wrongly accused of something which you didn’t do. Never ever had your wife, the one person whose suppose to trust you and have faith that you wouldn’t do anything to wrong her, doubt your love for her. So how would you know what I’m feeling?! You say you feel me and know what I’m going through, but the thing is, you don’t even have a single clue of what I’m going through now!”

“W-Wonnie..” Yunho stutters as he’s taken aback by Siwon.

Upon realising what he had just said, Siwon apologises to his friend. He didn’t mean to yell, but right now, there were a lot of things going through his head right now, he couldnt think straight.

“I’m sorry, I-I..” Siwon buries his face into his hands. “I-I just miss her alright? I didn’t mean to take it out on you.”

Yunho brings a hand to his shoulder, giving them a little squeeze.

“Hey, no don’t worry about it alright? You were clearly being an , but I’m gonna let that past. It’s never easy losing something, so just..just take however long you like to heal alright?”

Siwon smiles at him apologetically, seriously, who else could be as understanding of him as Yunho is to him?

-----

“Did you have fun today sweetheart?” Siwon asked as he turned off the ignition to his car’s engines.

“Yeap! Daddy can we go out to the play ground with Yun Min and Seo Young again?” Yoobin asks her father.

It would have seemed that the little girl had forgotten about earlier on, about her conversation with her father.

Siwon turns behind to face her, bending towards Yoobin to unbuckle her seatbelt for her. He chuckles at her while picking her up.

"Of course we can sweetheart, we just need to check with uncle Yunho whether it’s okay with him, and I’m sure he would like to bring you out to play with Yun min and Seo Young again.”

Yoobin starts to squeal in excitement, hugging her father tightly, he response back by pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Alright sweetheart, let's get home you back ok? It’s getting late."

"Okay daddy.."

Siwon carries her towards the building where his old house was, he brings her up to the flight of stairs, choosing to use the staircase instead of taking the lift. Sooyoung lives on the 8th floor, but seeing as this would be the last time he would get to see yoobin before he has to wait for another long while, he wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.

Time passed by so quickly however, and he found himself nearing Sooyoung’s floor. Ever felt how you wanted time to just stop? Just because you were having the time of your life and you didn’t wanted it to end? That was how Siwon was feeling now.

He finally sets foot onto the last floor, his old home coming to sight as he walked a little further into the corridor. He stops all traces of movement when he saw someone outside the door steps of his old home.

Standing outside his old home, with a peeved look for a facial expression, was a slim and tall figure. She was looking around the corridor area, as if waiting for someone to come. She hasn’t notice him and Yoobin yet.

Siwon breathed out slowly, before walking towards her.

The lone figure turns her head back when she heard the sound of leather shoes clicking on the floor, frowning upon seeing who was in front of her.

"You're late." Sooyoung spoke irritably, moving towards Siwon to grab Yoobin away from him.

"I told you to have her back by 7pm.” She glares at him, tearing Yoobin off his chest as she took a step back away from him. “Look at the time now, it's almost 7.30."
 
“I-I’m sorry, I forgotten to keep track of the time.” he apologises, fidgeting a little with his fingers.
 
Ignoring his apology, the brunette then turns her attention to Yoobin, speaking to her in a completely different tone from the one she used with Siwon.

“Hey Sweetheart!” She greets her daughter cheerfully, planting a kiss at the side of her face. “Did you have fun over at daddy’s house?”

Yoobin nods her head vigorously, putting both her hands at the nape of her mother’s neck.

“Daddy brought me out to play with Yun Min and Seo Young today at the playground!”

Sooyoung turns to look at Siwon for a second, before turning back to Yoobin. “Is that so? So I’m guessing you had lots of fun right?”

“Yeap!!” the little girl replies back and Sooyoung kisses her cheeks once more. She then glances over to Siwon, shifting Yoobin to look at him too.

“Alright sweety, why don’t you say good bye to daddy now?-“

“Mummy..” Yoobin interrupts her, grabbing a few strand of her mother’s hair as she started twirling them around.

“Hmmm? What is it Yoo?” Sooyoung asked, looking puzzled.

Siwon watches as his daughter then looks at him, before she looked back at her mother.

“Can daddy eat with us tonight?”

2 words popped out in siwon’s mind the moment he heard his little girl spoke that 1 sentence, ‘holy’ and ‘crap’. Did she just say what he thought she just said?

Siwon turned to look at Sooyoung, who seem to have the same words he had just seconds ago in her mind, the blank look on her face shows it all.

“Erm, s-sweety...i-“ Sooyoung turned to looked at Siwon, looking flustered. Siwon knew she wanted him to back her up, he was about to say something when Yoobin spoke again.

“Please mummy? Can daddy eat with us?” she said, unknowingly exposing that little set of puppy eyes to her mum.

Sooyoung gritted her teethes. Those stinking eyes of hers.

It made it 3 times harder for her to reject her, how could she say no to her when she was looking all so like a poor thing.

Sooyoung sighs, closing her eyes. She really didn’t want Siwon to come in and have dinner with them. But just like any other mother, she wanted her child to be happy, so she didn’t had much of a choice.

“Mummy?”

The young mother’s eyes popped opened upon hearing her daughter call her, she looks at her, before looking at Siwon, then back to her again.

“I-if daddy doesn’t have anything to do later, h-he can come in.” She says half-heartedly before shifting her gaze at Siwon. “Right daddy?”

Siwon slowly shifted his gaze from his daughter to his wife. He stares at her, with his mouth slightly ajar.

Siwon on the other hand, just stood there, not being attended to. The feelings he was harbouring now were of extreme gratitude and happiness, words couldn’t comprehend how much he was thankful that his girl was with him tonight, and that she was actually speaking to her mum on letting him eat dinner with him.

“S-so what’s it going to be daddy?”

Siwon turns his focus back on Sooyoung, regaining his composure.

“E-erm, yea..yea sure, why not? I have things to do, but they can wait.”

Sooyoung doesn’t replies him, instead, she brings Yoobin into the house as Siwon stood there, still dumbfounded. As soon as he gathered his thoughts, he quickly moved in to head into the house.

______________________________

Author's Notes: Alright you awesome people! heres an update! Do comment alright? feedbacks helps authors to strive to want to do better at their fic, so yeap, let the comments roll! good or bad, it doesnt matter! :) anyways, just so i let you guys know, I'll be focusing my time on completing this fic and the other horror theme based fic, featuring Soowon too, it's called 'school camp horrors' Urgh, where did i ever thought of that name to call my fic, sounds so childish, i'll be changing the title of that fic, so if you guys have any good ideas of a title(cause i at making titles), do tell me. :)

In replies to:

@ Va_asianloverz
Haha curious? then stay tune and wait for the chapter that will explain what happen to them! :D

@ iamGennie
hahaha! you're right! the ain't fany! you can rejoice now! :)

@ Soowon_Guardian4ev3r
haha! sorry but your intuition is wrong! haha it isnt fany! it's someone else! want to know who? nah i'm not telling now, wait for the update! :D

@ happy28137
Yay! you like it! haha wait for the chapter that will reveal what happened between them. :)

@ bunniewunnie
haha! updated already! :D do comment! hehehe!