Chapters 4

The child's wish

Sooyoung felt Dae Dong’s lips on hers as he encircles his arms to the back of her body. She stood in her friend’s embrace as her mind was absorbed into thinking about the unthinkable.
 
As soon as she gathered her thoughts, she brought both her hands up, placing them onto her friend’s chest as she pushed him away. Her hand found its way to her lips as the brunette stares back at her friend in shock.
 
"W-why did you do that?” Sooyoung forced herself to question him, visibly bothered about the fact that he had just kissed her.

 

Dae Dong simply took a step forward to her, his eyes never leaving hers’.

 

“Because I love you.” He answered back calmly.

 

Once more, she found herself stripped of all logical thinking.

 

"I-I don’t understand.”
 
"I have always loved you Sooyoung, since 3 years back. I-It just...just that I didn’t had the chance to express my love for you, because you were married to that man. And now that you both have nothing to do with each other, I figured that I would take this opportunity to woe you.”

 

The leggy brunette looked on in utter disbelief. This was her friend, Kim Dae Dong, of whom she had been friends with for 4 years, claiming to have been harbouring romantic feelings for the past 3 years. Was he kidding around?

 

Letting out a nervous laugh, she then goes on to ask him whether he was joking. When he didn’t answer her, she knew right then, that Dae Dong was being serious.

 

“I-I have to go.” Sooyoung replied as she motioned towards her door, only to be stop by her friend.

 

Discomfort starts to well up inside of her as her friend has her back against her door, each of his hands planted on the wall beside her head.

 

“Sooyoung, what do you say?” Dae Dong asks the brunette, who tries to back away from him as much as possible even though it wasn’t of any use, considering the fact that she didn’t had much space to move.

 

“I’ll prove to you, that I can do a much better job in taking care of you and your kids than how Siwon ever did-“

 

“No.” Sooyoung cuts him off.

 

The man’s facial expression turned soured as he heard her. He opened his mouth to want to speak, but she cut him off once more.

 

“No, I-I don’t... I don’t feel that way about you.” Sooyoung says. “Dae Dong, you’re a good guy, you really are. And I love you as a friend but...it doesn’t go beyond that. It never will.”
 
 Dae Dong grabs the sides of her arms, causing Sooyoung to jump slightly at the sudden gesture.
 
 “Please give me a chance.” Dae Dong pleaded, squeezing her arms a little. “You won’t regret it.”
 
 Sooyoung starts to shake her head, clearly disapproving of his advancements to her. She reached for his hands, gently lifting them away from her arms and putting them to his side. She looks him in the eye before muttering an apology.
 
She turns to open her house door when she is forcefully spun back by Dae Dong, who then proceeds to plant a kiss on her lips once more.
 
The action catches the tall woman off guard once more. She glided her hands up to his chest to push him away, needing a little more effort this time round due to him standing his ground and resisting. Fed up by his behaviour, she uses all her strength to shove him away before slapping him on the face.

 

Dae Dong stares at Sooyoung in disbelief as he brought his hand up to the part where she had just slapped him. She then lifts up her hand and pointed to the far end of the corner of the corridor.
 
“Go, please.”

 

 It was Dae Dong who shook his head this time round. He moves nearer to her.

 

 “Why won’t you accept me Sooyoung?! You know I’ll never treat you like Siwon did-“

 

“Can you stop bringing him into the picture?!” she yells.

 

It took awhile for both parties to calm. They looked at each other in silence as awkwardness filled the very air they were breathing. Sooyoung was the first to break eye contact, choosing to stare anywhere but at the person in front of her.

 

“I’m leaving Seoul this Thursday, and I’ll be gone for good.”

 

Sooyoung looked up to Dae Dong as he said that. Could this day get any worse? How much more shocking discoveries would she be finding out? 
 
 “Sooyoung.” Dae Dong says, grabbing her hands and lifting them up to chest height. “Leave Seoul with me and your kids, lets live our lives together in America and enjoy our time there, the job that’s being offered to me pays me handsomely, so money wouldn’t be an issue and we won’t have to worry about where we’re going to live, they will provide us everything-“

 

“No Dae Dong. No.” Sooyoung interrupts him, prying her hands out from his grip. Looking at him, she then sighs out loud before starting.

 

“I’m only going say it one more time, and make sure you get this into your head. I love you Dae Dong, but what I have for you, it’s only that of a brother and sisterly relationship. It doesn’t, nor will it ever turn into something more than that.”
 
 Disappointment spread across Dae Dong’s face. He wanted so badly to protest, to disagree with everything she was saying but she wouldn’t hear of it. Now knowing where she stands, on how she was bent on staying in Seoul, he then gives up trying to persuade her.

 

Dae Dong turns to leave, but not before turning around to look at her once more. She returns the gesture, looking at him for a while more before making her way back into her house.

 

As soon as the door closed, Sooyoung sighed, deeply troubled about what had happened with her friend. Everything was just too sudden, with his confession and him announcing that he will be migrating overseas, it was just too much for her to think about. She leaned her back against her front door, swiping her hand across her forehead and rubbing her temples as she closed her eyes. She sinks down till her bottom touched the floor. Sooyoung raised her hand, touching her lips.

 

The whole time that Dae Dong had been kissing her, the image of her ex husband kept flashing in her mind. She didn’t know why she was even thinking about that jerk, but she did.

 

“Why is it that I’m still thinking about you?” she questions herself out loud. “Why?”
 

Another sigh escaped , Sooyoung gets back up to fetch some water for herself, maybe that will calm her down she thought. As she entered her kitchen she suddenly stopped in her tracks, with the sudden realisation coming into her mind that her kids were still not home to her yet. She then heads towards the dining table where she had left her phone. She picks it up, about to phone Siwon when the door bell rang, resonating throughout the whole house.

 

She is greeted by her 2 kids and Siwon upon answering the door and once seeing them, she goes all smiles on her daughter, before taking her sleeping son from Siwon’s hands.

 

“Hey sweety, did you have fun today?” She asks Yoobin as the little girl takes her mother’s hand, entering her house.

 

Yoobin nodded. “Daddy showed Yoobin and Kyungsan lots of cartoons at his house.”
 
The young mother nods her head, pushing her daughter gently towards her room. She turns back, thanking Siwon and telling him to leave after he was done closing the door.
 
Siwon watches on as she enters her bedroom, closing the door shut behind her. He knows he should listen to Sooyoung and just leave, but he couldn’t contain the feelings that his heart was conveying to him. Earlier on, he had make his way down to the first floor moments after catching a glimpse of Dae Dong kissing Sooyoung. Only when he saw Dae Dong walking back to his car, did the handsome man make his way back up to the house. 
 
Before he knew it, his 2 feet started moving on its own, dragging him into the house. Siwon walked towards the couch, taking a seat on it. Thoughts were swimming into his head, he still couldn’t get the image of Dae Dong kissing Sooyoung out of his mind. Bringing his hands together, he decided that he needed to talk to Sooyoung about it.
 
A sudden click sound is then heard, and Siwon turns back to find Sooyoung coming out from her room. Said woman stops in her tracks when she saw that he was still here.
 
“W-what are you doing in here?” she asks him. “Why haven’t you left?”
 
Siwon clasped both hands onto his thighs, standing up as he walked a little nearer to her. Sooyoung watches as he stops right in front of her, his eyes staring intently at her. He doesn’t say anything for awhile, making her slightly annoyed that he didn’t answered her.

 

“If you don’t have anything to say-“

 

“How long have you 2 been seeing each other?”

 

His question caught the brunette off guard for a moment.

 

“W-what?” she frowned.

 

“You and Dae Dong.” Siwon replies. “How long have you 2 been dating?”
 
Sooyoung seem stunned for a moment, have Siwon saw the whole thing between them just now?

 

“I saw you both kissing.”

 

Now positive that he had seen them kissing, she composed herself before speaking. “We’re not dating each other.”

 

“Then why were you both kissing? You can’t tell me that you both aren’t dating each other when the fact is that I saw you both kissing.”

 

“You obviously don’t have a clue about what’s going on.” Sooyoung remarks before explaining. “He kissed me, I pushed him away. He tried to reason with me to date him and leave Seoul. I rejected him and then he left.”

 

“Youngie, you don’t have to lie to me.” Siwon says as he walks a little nearer to her, still not convinced about her story. “I-I just. Why didn’t you tell me you both were dating each other?”

 

The brunette frowned, why didn’t he believe her when she said that she wasn’t dating Dae Dong, not that it matters, but she just hates it when people starts to accuse her of lying. Or was that really it?

 

“I told you, I’m not seeing him or anything of that sort. Go please. I don’t even know why I’m speaking to you about this.”

 

Sooyoung walked past him to get into the kitchen when she hears him speak once more.

 

“Is this your way of getting back at me?”

 

She turns to face him.

 

“What?” she asked.

 

“You thought I hurt you.” Siwon started. “So you had me take care of the kids while you had fun with your date, then when you were done for the night, you got him to send you back up here and then kiss each other while I watched far from the corner.”

 

Sooyoung was stunned, how could he have conjured up something like that in his mind? Pay back? She wouldn’t scoop that low just to get back at him or anyone. She wasn’t that kind of person.

 

“You’re being ridiculous!” she raised her voice, clearly agitated by his words.

 

“Isn’t that so?” Siwon asks. “You-“

 

“You wrong! You’re so wrong about everything! Get out now before I turn nasty!” Sooyoung spoke, walking past him to open the front door when Siwon roughly spins her back.

 

“Youngie I still love you! Why can’t you see that?! Can’t you feel the sincerity of my heart?!” Siwon voice came out shaky.

 

“Let me go!” the skinny woman retorts, trying to break free from his grip.

 

The man in front of her ignores her, going further as to hug her. As a result, Sooyoung struggled more, trying to squirm out of his grip as he starts to declare his never ending love for her. When she finally did break free from his grip she gave him a hard shove, causing him to stagger back a few steps.

 

“Get out now!”

 

“Youngie please-“

 

“I said get out! Go back to that of yours!”

 

Anger began to abrupt inside Siwon as he heard that. He took up his hand and delivered a knuckle towards the wall beside him. A loud bang sound is then heard shortly afterwards

 

Sooyoung jumped slightly in fright at his behaviour, but quickly as it came, quickly it dissipated.

 

“Why won’t you believe me?!” he yelled. “Why can’t you see that you’re the only one I love?!-“

 

“I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE OF YOUR LIES!” Sooyoung screamed.

 

“LEAVE NOW! I’M NOT REPEATING MYSELF AGAIN!” she orders but Siwon stood still, not moving an inch.

 

“MAKE ME!” he retaliated.

 

That was all it took from Siwon to get Sooyoung over the edge. The brunette took whatever objects lying near her and started flinging it at the man in front of her. When he didn’t stir, she rushes over to the table and threw whatever she could find at him. She didn’t realise, but her eyes started to water from all the frustration. She was about to fling at Siwon one box of tissue when the door to her bedroom open.

 

Out came Yoobin running in tears shortly after. She ran past her mother and to her father’s side, hugging his knees tightly as she wailed into his pants.

 

“Y-Yoobin..” Siwon muttered as he looked at his daughter.

 

The little girl wiped her tears, taking glances at her father and mother before she spoke. “M-mummy, daddy please don’t fight. Y-Yoobin doesn’t like it when mummy and daddy fights.”

 

Calming down a little, Sooyoung then wipe her tears before moving forward to Yoobin and Siwon.

 

“S-Sweety, go back to the room.” Sooyoung said, trying to hide her shaky voice.

 

The little one in turn only shakes her head, moving back against her father’s legs.

 

“Mummy, d-don’t scold daddy.”

 

Sooyoung tries best to hold back her tears when she heard her, taking another step towards the duo, the young mother then bends down, looking at Yoobin.

 

“Yooie, be a good girl and listen to mummy, come here.”

 

The young girl keeps mum, closing her eyes as she tightens her hold on her father’s legs, burying her face into them.

 

“Y-Yooie, please. Y-you don’t want mummy getting angry do you?”

 

“Sweetheart, listen to mummy.” Siwon says as he touches his daughter’s head, trying to unlatch her from his legs. “It’s alright, go on, go back to your room.”

 

Yoobin begins to struggle with her father’s grip as fresh tears sprouted out her baby eyes. She wasn’t intending to leave his side.

 

“F-fine.”

 

Siwon looks back to Sooyoung as he sees her standing up. He stares at her, waiting for what she was about to say next.

 

“Fine. I-if you love daddy so much, you can follow him back!” Sooyoung says, raising her voice at the little girl, who now has her eyes wide open upon seeing her mother this angry.

 

“M-mummy.” Yoobin croaks, only to be cut off harshly by her mother, the frightened girl now begins crying worse.

 

“Why are you scolding her?! She didn’t do anything wrong!” Siwon snaps, going to the defence of his little girl.

 

Ignoring the man in front of her, Sooyoung then grabs Yoobin roughly by the forearm before pushing Siwon aside. She begins to drag Yoobin outside of the house as Yoobin begins to struggle valiantly hopelessly against her.

 

“M-MUMMY S-STOP! MUMMY, YOOBIN WILL LISTEN TO YOU!” Yoobin cries oh so heartbreakingly, but her mother would not listen to any of it.

 

“YOUNGIE ENOUGH! SHE’S YOUR DAUGHTER!” Siwon says as he finally manages to pry Sooyoung off Yoobin, he then checks to see if his daughter was alright. Yoobin then hugs him in search for comfort, crying into his shoulder. Siwon her hair, all the while telling her that it was going to be alright.

 

The handsome man’s attention is brought back to the front door when he hears it slam loudly behind him. A mark of horror spread throughout his face as he walks up to the front door. He bangs on the door numerous times, but the stubborn woman wouldn’t open up.

 

“CHOI SOOYOUNG! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!” He yells. “SHE’S YOUR DAUGHTER! HOW CAN YOU DO SUCH A THING TO HER! OPEN UP!”

 

Yoobin continues to cry as she too runs to her front door, bringing both her hands up as she continuously slaps it.

 

“M-MUMMY! LET YOOBIN IN! YOOBIN WANTS TO GO IN! MUMMY PLEASE LET YOOBIN IN! YOOBIN WANTS YOU!”

 

Sooyoung begins to cry terribly much, sinking down to her knees as Yoobin’s voice continues to echo through her head. She clasped a hand over as tears continued cascading down her cheeks. Soon, the young mother finds herself looking at her bedroom door, hearing crying sounds coming from beyond it. Ignoring the noises from outside her house, she then wipes her tears and proceeds to head into her room, where she finds her younger child, Kyungsan crying and looking around.

 

Picking him up, she then cuddles him deep into her chest as she begins to pacify him, swaying him from side to side as she whispers calming words to him. Slowly but gradually, the infant in her arms begin to shimmer down, on his binky.

 

Sooyoung plants a kiss on his head as she hugs him tighter. She didn’t know when the screaming and banging stopped, but as soon as she notices that there weren’t any noise from outside, she places Kyungsan back into his baby crib before pacing towards her front door.

 

The brunette opens the door to find Siwon and her little girl gone. There were no signs of them anywhere. Sooyoung then ventured out from her house, standing outside the corridor as she looked everywhere for her baby girl. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as she recalled the incident that occurred moments ago.

 

“S-silly girl, why didn’t you pester me further?” Sooyoung sniffed as a tear drop, her emotions starting to rock her again. “I-I didn’t mean it sweety, mummy’s sorry.”

 

--

 

“Sweetheart, come on it’s alright.” Siwon says gently as he carefully lays Yoobin on his bed.
 
“M-mummy doesn’t love me anymore.” Yoobin croaks as she turns her body to face the opposite side of her father’s bed.

 

Siwon looks on solemnly.

 

He shouldn’t have. If it weren’t for him pursuing the matter, things wouldn’t have escalated so badly to the point where Sooyoung chased Yoobin out. He didn’t see this coming, nor had he expected Sooyoung to scream at her. Both Siwon and Sooyoung had never raised their voice at their 2 beloved children before, and seeing how Sooyoung had treated Yoobin just now, he couldn’t help but feel both angry and guilty.

 

Siwon rested his hands on his daughter’s side arms, them soothingly in an attempt to comfort her.

 

“No Yooie, whoever said mummy didn’t love you?”

 

The little girl turns back to her father, looking at him with glassy eyes.

 

“Mummy s-scolded Y-Yoobin just now. Mummy has n-never scolded m-me before, so m-mummy’s angry at me.”

 

At that moment, the little starts getting emotional again. Siwon then carries her up and seats her on his laps as he hugs her tightly, the little girl doing likewise.

 

“Shsss, Shss Yoo, it’s ok, it’s alright. Mummy isn’t angry at you, she does loves you. You’re her little girl.”

 

Hot tears starts to soak through Siwon’s t-shirt, he starts to rock the little girl in his arms.

 

“I-I want mummy, daddy. I-I want to go home.”

 

Siwon kisses the crown of her head. “Okay, daddy will bring you home tomorrow ok? Don’t worry about anything ok?”

 

Yoobin nods her head as she closed her eyes, she begins to grow tired and soon finds herself falling asleep. She mutters out for sooyoung before finally drifting off to sleep.

 

-----

 

8 August 2012

 

“Rise and shine sweetheart!” Siwon exclaims rather enthusiastically, pulling the curtains aside as the morning sunlight enters his bedroom.

 

Little Yoobin is awaken by the warmth feeling of the sun’s ray touching her sooth baby-like skin. She brings both her hands up as she stretched herself.

 

“Yooie come on, wake up.” Siwon says as he gently lifted the girl up from the bed.

 

Yoobin starts to stir and once realising that her father was carrying her, she starts to smile her adorable smile. Siwon kisses her cheeks in return, standing up as he placed her down the floor.
 
“Yooie, quick, let’s get you changed so we can have breakfast alright? I texted mummy that I was bringing you back home later in the afternoon.”
 
Yoobin face noticeably changed to that of a sulky person. Siwon then bends down to grab his daughter.
 
“Yoo, I know what you’re thinking, and my answer to you is still no alright? Mummy isn’t angry at you, nor does she hate you, she still loves you sweetheart.”

 

The little girl looks at her father.
 
“W-will mummy let Y-yoobin go inside her house?” she asks as her voice cracked.

 

Siwon smiles at her, assuring yoobin that she would.

 

“Yes Yooie, daddy’s sure of it.”

 

Yoobin starts to smile once more as she hugs her father.

 

--

 

Siwon and Yoobin walked hand in hand together under the hot and sunny weather. The young father had brought the little girl out to play for awhile at the playground. She was perspiring from all the running she did just now. Sweat trickled down the girl’s forehead and into her eyes, causing some irritant in the girl’s vision.
 
Siwon tugs the girl’s hand a little harder to get her to move faster, stopping at the traffic light. Wiping his sweat of his forehead, he then turns to look around, all the while holding onto his shirt while fanning himself repeatedly. The sunny afternoon was indeed really hot.
 
Yoobin on the other hand, just takes out a piece of paper she took from her father’s home, looking at it as she starts to smile to herself.
 
A bell ringing got the attention of both father and daughter as they both start to look around, trying to find out where the sound was coming from. Yoobin, upon seeing what was making the noise, grabs onto her father’s shorts, tugging on them to get him to look at the ice cream cart.
 
Realising what his daughter was asking him to get, Siwon then smiles.
 
“You want ice cream?” he asks her and she nods her head in return.
 
Siwon smiles as he scruffs his little girl’s hair.
 
“Alright sweetheart, wait here a moment alright? Don’t go anywhere ok? I’ll be back with your ice cream.”
 
“Okay daddy.” she smiles.
 
Siwon winks at her before running off towards the ice cream cart.
 
The young girl then looks at her father making his way to get their little dessert. While she did that, a sudden breeze conjured up and blew the paper off Yoobin’s hand. Yoobin watches as her little piece of paper is blown onto the road side. She watches as it moves along the road, before it finally stops in the middle of it. The little bit of wind having faded away.

 

Yoobin was about to cross the road to get her paper back, but she stops herself just in time to see a car drive passed her. Now, a little more cautious in her walk, the little girl then turns to the right, then to the left of the road, checking to see if there weren’t any cars.

 

Moment she was done checking the road of cars, she then quickly runs towards her piece of paper.

 

--

 

“2 choco mint cones please.” Siwon says as he took out his wallet.
 
He watches as the old man in front of him starts to dig into his box of ice cream, scooping 2 balls of choco mint flavoured ice creams as he place it on 2 cones.
 
The old man smiles at Siwon, handing him both ice cream cones.

 

“Thank you.” Siwon smiles back.

 

‘SCREEEEEEEEECHHHHHH!!!!!!’

 

‘BANG!!!’

 

Siwon jumped slightly at the sound of car wheels screeching. He turned to look at what happened.

 

Right there and then, Siwon felt his heart stopped as his eyes widen in horror. He couldn’t comprehend what he was seeing now. Immediately dropping both cones from his hand, Siwon proceeds to make a mad dash towards the car, where a few passerbies had started to crowd.

 

As he reached to the accident area, tears became to drop from his eyes as he went down to his knees, his hand trembled as he touched his daughter’s bloodied head. His mouth starts to quaver as he looks on in complete disbelief. Siwon shook her slightly at first, but when she didn’t respond back, he begins to shake her roughly, immediately entering into hysterical mode.

 

“Y-YOOBIN!!!!!! YOOBIN! SWEETHEART WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!” Siwon begins to scream out frantically, cradling his baby girl as her bleeding starts to worsen. He looks up to the rest of the people as he starts to scream at them to call the ambulance.

 

“SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE! PLEASE! PLEASE YOOBIN! YOOBIN WAKE UP!”

 

--

 

“Youngie, Yoobin isn’t going to hate you.” Soojin says as she comforts her little sister.
 
“I-I shouldn’t have yelled at her like that, it wasn’t her fault.” Sooyoung croaks as she wiped her tears. “I’m a terrible mother.”

 

“Hey come on, that’s not true and you know that.” Soojin says, putting an arm over Sooyoung’s shoulders. “Listen Youngie, when Siwon brings her back here later, use this opportunity to tell her how much you love her ok?”

 

Sooyoung nods her head before the house phone rang. Both sisters looked at each other before Sooyoung stood up, having heard Kyungsan crying.

 

“U-unnie, do you mind taking the phone call for me? Sangie is crying.”

 

Soojin smiles at Sooyoung before nodding her head.

 

With that, sooyoung leaves to attend to her son, she opens the door to find him crying in his baby crib. The young mother then goes on to carry him up from his crib.

 

“What’s wrong sangie? Did the phone wake you?” She asks as the little boy started to quieten down a little, hugging his mother.

 

“mumm mummm..” he manages to say, before diving into her chest.

 

Sooyoung smiles meekly at him, his back as she goes out of the room, just in time to see her older sister drop the phone on the couch as her eyes started to weld up in tears.

 

“U-unnie.” Sooyoung asks, suddenly feeling scared even though she knew not the reason why her sister was crying.

 

Soojin turns back to her sister, getting up on her feet as she went to sooyoung’s side.

 

“U-unnie, w-what’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked, her facial expression was scared.

 

Soojin then grabs the side of sooyoung’s shoulders as she looks intently at her sister.
 
“Y-Youngie, d-don’t panic at what I’m about to s-say.”

 

Author’s Notes: Hey guys! Here’s chapter 4. Alright I apologise in advance if this was crappy, I wasn’t fully awake when I was doing this so if there are some errors, do bear with them till I get them checked. I’ll be editing this chapter, just some minor changes here and there, but it won’t affect the story line. So yeap! Do comment yea? Happy reading! :D

 

Ps. I’ll be attempting to finish this short chaptered fic(have I mention to you awesome people that this fic would only be about 7-10 chapters long? Whoopsy!) by the end of this week. Cause after this week I wouldn’t be able to update, for who knows how long. You see, in about a week’s time, I’m going to have to say bye(temporally) to my freedom as I’ll be heading in to army. Gosh, am feeling emo and nervous now just thinking about it! So yeap, I’ll be entering into a hiatus-semi hiatus status. So until I’m able to book out and update, you guys won’t be hearing from me. Boohoo! D:

 

In replies to:

 

bunniewunnie

 

Hello popcorn girl! Haha well sadly for Dae Dong, Sooie rejected him. So yeap, Siwon still has hope! :D  

 

jhenn_orton

 

Hehe, Dae Dong ain’t Sooie’s new man. He’s just a close friend who has feelings for her, something she doesn’t reciprocate to him.

 

clumzhy232

 

I’ll try to yeah? Thanks for commenting! Hope you enjoy this chapter! J

 

Soowon_Guardian4ev3r

 

Well, Sooie rejected Dae Dong. So yeap, Siwonnie still has a chance to win her back! J