Chapter 3

The child's wish

Here they are now, in their little journey to Siwon’s car. The awkward silence between them was definitely not appreciated by the both of them. Being with the person who was once so close to you and now so foreign wasn’t a situation someone would want to be in now.  

Had it not been for Yoobin and her big mouth, Sooyoung would have been still at home, probably giving the little girl her night shower now before putting her and kyungsan to sleep.

That child of hers sure knew how to have fun during dinner just earlier on, making Siwon seat next to Sooyoung as they had their meal. Heck, little Yoobin even went as far as to push Siwon slightly nearer to her mum’s side.

Sooyoung’s foot found foothold on empty air, her body motioned forward towards the ground. She would have fall if it weren’t for Siwon who immediately caught hold of her arm, reeling her back before she could pummelled down the little flight of stairs along the pathway.

“You alright?” Siwon asked, looking straight into her eyes with such intensity, it made her felt uncomfortable.  It was then that she realise that the handsome lad in front of her was still holding her in his arms, she immediately backed away from him.

The brunette tucks her fringe aside before looking down to the pavement, muttering a sorry to the older man in front of her.

“T-thank you.”

“Don’t mention it.”

Silence brewed once more between the 2 for the next 2 minutes or so before they finally reached Siwon’s car. Siwon took out his car keys before opening the door, but not before spinning around to look at Sooyoung.

“Thank you.” Siwon says gratefully. “For tonight.”

“I didn’t do it for you.” Sooyoung replies him albeit coldly. “I did it for Yoobin.”

With that said, Sooyoung then turns back to leave, ignoring him when he said his bye to her. Siwon rested his arm on the roof of his car as he watch Sooyoung walk away. A little smile formed on his face as he got into his vehicle and started his engines, driving off.

-----

7 August 2012

 

Stepping out of the cab while taking a deep breath, Choi Sooyoung checks her watch to see what time it was.

She was conducting a little class test of her own today. Due to the upcoming exams nearing in just about a week’s time, she wanted to make sure her students were ready and well prepared for it. The time now was 8.27, and the very class test that she had scheduled for today was about to commence in exactly 3 minutes time.

Sooyoung quickens her walking pace as the thought of starting late eats at her mind, she wouldn’t be able to postpone her class test. Reason being was that she only gets to see her form class for lessons 2 days a week.  Any other options that she had was to post pone the class test to next week, but exams would have already started by then.

The brunette was in such a daze, she didn’t realise she was walking straight into someone and in a blink of an eye, she found herself colliding into that person. She staggered a few steps backwards before regaining her composure. Sooyoung voices out an apology, turning to look at the person she had just bumped into. Right as she did, her eyes widened.  

“You’re freaking kidding me!”

 

“Oh Sooyoung, it’s you.”

As much as she wanted to leave, Sooyoung forced herself to smile back at the guy in front of her.

“M-Mr Park.”

Now Mr Park wasn’t someone she was particularly fond of. As a matter of fact, Sooyoung tries best to avoid being noticed by him, she didn’t like the vibe Mr Park gave off. He may seem like a friendly and caring teacher to the students but Sooyoung was weary of him.

The male staff in front of her looked like he was in his early 30s, and judging by the piece of silver ring wore on his around his left ring finger, he was married. Still, given his status as a married man, that didn’t seem to rid Mr Park of his constant habit to check out the female staffs of the school.

“So, Sooyoung, you seem like you’re in a rush.”  Mr Park said as he gave her a creepy smile.

The unnerving feeling begins to eat at her as she notices him casually scanning her from top to bottom.

“Y-yea, I’m conducting a class test for my students, which is about to start in 5 minutes time.” She replies him. Great, she wondered. Why did she have to run into him?

Mr Park only gives a ‘oh’ in response to her answer, his eyes now taking pleasure in staring indulgingly at her long model-like legs.

“Stupid disgusting jerk! Quit staring at my legs!”

 

 “Sooie!!”

Sooyoung looks to the back of Mr Park, following wherever the familiar voice had called out to her, and upon seeing her friend, she immediately calmed.

Mr Park follows Sooyoung’s lead and turned back to find the American brunette teacher, Tiffany Hwang walking up towards them.

“Ah, Miss Hwang.” Mr Park greeted her with a smile.

Tiffany smiles back at him, though her smile was far from friendly.

“Mr Park.” She greets him back. Sooyoung could hear the obvious sarcasm in her friend’s voice, which oddly went unnoticed by male with them. “And its Mrs Jung by the way, have you forgotten? I’m married.”

Mr Park snaps his fingers as if a sudden realisation has occurred in his mind. “Ah, that’s right, I forgot.”

Tiffany mentally rolls her eyes at him, she then shifts her sights to Sooyoung, greeting the taller woman with her famous eye smiles before causally hooking arms with her.

“Sooie, come on. Didn’t you say you were conducting a class test today? The test papers on your hand aren’t going to hand themselves over to the kids you know, let’s go.”

“Yeap, let’s get going.” Sooyoung replies back. It was moments like this where she was extra grateful to God that he had placed her best friend in the same school she was teaching at.

“Alright then, Mr Park, if you would excuse us.” Tiffany said as both she and Sooyoung started walking away from Mr Park.

 “Oh my gosh! Thank you fany!” Sooyoung exclaims when Mr Park was out of sight. “That guy is just plain creepy.”

“There’s no need to thank me Sooie.” Tiffany replies back. “I just can’t stand it, the way he stares at you so ersely.”

“Doesn’t he do that with all the other female teachers? I mean he does look at you like that too.” Sooyoung says as they continued on walking.

“It’s not the same with you babe. The way he looks at you, is way different from how he looks at me or any other female teachers.”

Sooyoung shrugs. “I say, he’s got good taste a woman then.” She jokes and Tiffany laughs.

“Trust you to make jokes like this.”

Sooyoung finally reached the front door of her form class. She turns to look at tiffany before smiling at her once more.

“In any case, I’m just thankful that you’re teaching in the same school as me, thanks again I owe you one.”

Tiffany shows off her famous eye smiles once more before pushing Sooyoung nearer to the front door, telling her that they would talk later on during break time.

--

Students started to flood the canteen moments after the bell rang at 11.30am. Thankfully for the two female teachers, they had already found their seats, having reached the canteen before any of the students arrived.

“So how was the test? Did the kids seem like they were having a hard time? ” Tiffany asked her friend as she sips on her grape juice.

Sooyoung continues on to munch on her food as she turns up to look at Tiffany.

“Majority of them would do just fine, they didn’t seem like they were having problems with the papers except for maybe 1 or 2.” She says as she reached into her pocket, taking out a piece of tissue to wipe .

Tiffany flashed a smile to her friend.

Tiffany Hwang, or rather, now known as Tiffany Jung, is Sooyoung’s 23 years old best friend. She’s happily married to Jung Yunho and is a proud mother to a pair of twin girls.

“How have you been my dear?” Tiffany asks her. Ever since Sooyoung and Siwon divorced, the Korean American has been spending lesser time with her best friend, even though they shared the same job and stayed near each other. She missed hanging out with her, but the thing she missed most was seeing Sooyoung and Siwon together.

“I’m good?”

Tiffany giggles at her friend before reaching across the table to hold her friend’s hand. “Sooie, we haven’t been hanging out for quite some time, how about you come over my place tonight for dinner? Bring Yoobin and Kyungsan along alright?”

Sooyoung huffed out a breather before she spoke. “I love to fany, but.”

Tiffany’s face scrounges up in slight disappointment. “But what?”

“Y-Yunho oppa.“

The shorter of the 2 at once knew what her friend meant, she was about to protest to Sooyoung not coming over because of that reason, that was until the brunette said she had another reason for not being able to make it so. She was going out for dinner with a particular someone, and upon hearing that someone’s name, Tiffany’s eyes widen.

“Y-you’re having dinner with that guy? “ Tiffany looks at her friend in disbelief.

“That guy, has a name you know.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “And besides, it’s not as if we’re in to each other, we’re just doing what normal close friends do, a simple dinner with each other.”

“And how is it that I have no idea you 2 have been keeping in touch for the past few months?”

“Maybe because like what you said, we haven’t catch up in awhile, so that’s why.”

“Wow, so much for me being your best friend.” The American said, visibly bothered by the fact that her best friend didn’t even tell her she was keeping in contact with the fellow.

“Look fany, I don’t like him or whatsoever, so you don’t have to worry.”

“Ok ok so wait, that aside, what about Yoobin and Kyungsan?” Tiffany voices out her concern for the kids. “Who’s going to watch them while you’re gone for your ‘date’?”

“It’s not a date, and yeap I’m coming to that. Could you look after them both while I’m having dinner?” the brunette asks, her hopes soon crushed when her friend refused almost immediately without a second thought.

“Sorry Sooie, but asking me to look after 4 kids at one go, it’s just too much for me.”

Sooyoung nods her head. “No biggie, I’ll just get mum and dad-“

“Didn’t uncle go for surgery recently?” Tiffany interrupts her friend. “I don’t think you should impose on your parents, auntie has to take care of uncle.”

 Sooyoung pouts, Tiffany was right, she couldn’t trouble her parents, not after her dad just recently got out from surgery. She had one other person in mind to take care of her kids, her sister, Choi Soojin, but she was also busy with her stuffs down at the acting theatre.

Sure she couldn’t play a big part in operation-get-Siwon-and-Sooyoung-back-together, but boy did Tiffany feel good about finally contributing some help, in the area of preventing Sooyoung from going to meet the male friend of hers. Tiffany knew how Kim Dae Dong had a thing for her tall friend. He wasn’t bad or anything, in fact, he was actually a pretty decent fellow. But more than anything, Tiffany knew that Sooyoung was rightfully Siwon’s girl, and that they were meant to be together.

The American lady is brought out of her little ditz when she hears Sooyoung groaning in frustration. She watches as the leggy woman fishes out her cell phone from her bag, sending out a text message to someone.

“Who ya texting?~” Tiffany asked in a sing song tone, moving closer to see who she was texting.

“Who else? I getting Oppa to come get the kids later in the afternoon.”

Oh freak. Tiffany thought.

“Y-you’re texting Siwon to come pick them up later?” Tiffany tried not sound too horrified, this was not what she had in mind.

“Duh! Who else is there to take care of Yoo and Sangie?” Sooyoung retorts.

“S-Sooie, I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

Sooyoung takes her eyes of her cell’s screen, looking up to meet her friend’s face.

“Why?” she arched a brow.

“Because it’s Siwon?” Tiffany replies, trying to imply to her friend about the inappropriateness in asking her ex husband to take care of her kids while she was out having dinner with some other guy.

“Yeah? So?” Sooyoung wore a look of puzzlement.

“Sooie what are you going to tell him?”

“That I’m having dinner with a close friend?”

“Babe, don’t you think it’s a little inappropriate to get him to look after the kids while you’re out with Dae Dong? I really don’t think you should ask-“

“Why shouldn’t I?” Sooyoung interjects. “What’s wrong with me having dinner with a friend and asking him to come look after his kids while I’m out?”

Tiffany wanted to speak but the brunette interrupts her once more.

“Look fany, why would I care what he feels about me having dinner with Dae Dong? He can get jealous all he wants when he finds out and I still wouldn’t care. Besides, he has his to keep him company.”

“Sooie.” Tiffany looked sullen as she stretches her hands to the opposite to get Sooyoungs’. “Won’t you even hear him out? I’m sure he has an explanation.“

 Sooyoung expression soften to her sentence, she placed her bread down as she fumbled the crumbs off her hands.

“Fany, I’m done with him. He doesn’t need to explain to me. No, not when I saw him in the act.”

“Sooie-“

“I’m tired of it, you know Fany. I don’t want to be hurt like this ever again, I’m done with relationships and commitments.”

“Sooie, come on-“

“Sorry Fany, I have to go.” Sooyoung says as she stood up straight from her seat. “I’ll see you tomorrow ok?”

Tiffany opened to speak, but she doesn’t get far, only managing to mumble Sooyoung’s nickname as she sees her friend walk off.

-----

7 August 9.55pm

 

“Sweetheart, watch over your younger brother for me behind there okay?”

Siwon looks back to the backseat of his car momentarily to check on his two young children, turning back to focus on the road when he was done. Boy did he have the surprise of his life when Sooyoung asked him to watch over his 2 lovey dovies for the day, but ecstatic as he was, he was puzzled, what dinner did she had with a friend that was so urgently seeking the need of him to take care of his kids?

Nonetheless, he was still happy that he got to spend his time with Yoobin again, this time along with his younger son, Kyungsan.

 Siwon looks at his watch, the time now 9.55pm. Seemed like he had a for being nagged at by his gorgeous ex wife, Sooyoung had stressed upon it to him earlier in the day, to have the kids back home by 9.45 and not be late. He took out his phone, sending her a text that he would be reaching soon and that he was sorry for being late.

10 minutes passed by, and he reached the car park near his old home. Quickly turning the ignition off, he quickly grabs both children of his and raced across to the lift. The handsome man started to panic as he waited for the lift to come, which was taking forever. Sooyoung had not yet replied to his message, and if this was her way of implanting fear into his heart, then it was working.

 3 minutes past, and the man now found himself needing to catch his breath, having decided to just carry his kids up the stairs. He continued walking and walking till he saw 2 figures.

Right there, he felt his heart stiffened.

--

Sharing meek laughers while walking along the corridor on the late and quiet night, were 2 eloquently dressed for what might have appear to be appropriate for a dinner date, a man and a woman. Short but seemingly sweet conversations were happening between the 2.

“Thanks again for dinner tonight dae dong.” Sooyoung says as she stops at her front door, holding onto the grills of her front gate as she looked at her friend.

Dae Dong shows a handsome smirk-ish chuckle as he shakes his head.

“How many times do you want to thank me?” Dae Dong replies as he stared back at her.

“Alright, alright. I’ll stop now.” Sooyoung grins. “Hey, why don’t you head back home now? It’s getting late.”

Dae Dong nods in agreement as he looks at his watch, he eyes fall on Sooyoung once more before they shift their sights to looking through the windows of her house.

“Are your kids staying with your parents?” Dae Dong asks.

Realisation soon shot back to the brunette as she suddenly remembered that she had told her ex husband to have her kids back by 9.45pm. She mentally grit her teeth as she silently cursed under her breath, where was Choi Siwon with her 2 sweethearts? It was getting close to 10.15pm.

She couldn’t blame him though, it was her own fault for forgotten that she was suppose to get back home to wait for him and her kids.

A sudden warm feeling touched the bare sides of Sooyoung’s arms, causing her to look back to see her friend looking at her in concern.

“E-erm no, they are with my ex.” She replied him. “I told him to help watch over them while I had dinner with you, I have no idea where he is now with the kids though.”

The brunette thought she saw a slight change of expression on her friend’s face as he then places his hand into his pockets.

“I see, your ex should really know how to be punctual in bringing the kids back, that’s so irresponsible of him.”

Sooyoung didn’t know why, but right at the moment Dae Dong said that, she felt a little offended.

“It’s not his fault. I told him to reach back here by 9.45pm, he might have left to get some coffee after realising I wasn’t home yet.”

“That so? Then maybe I might have spoken to soon.”

Sooyoung just nods her head in reply as she starts to dig out her keys from her purse. “Alright then, I’ll see you, good night.”

Sooyoung turns to her door, leaving Dae Dong unattended to. She was about to open her front door when she heard him calling her. She turned back.

And right as she did so, her eyelids pulled wide apart from each other as she looks on in total shock.

Kim Dae Dong had just kissed her on the lips.

And, unbeknownst to them, they were being watched from a near distance by Siwon.

 

 

Author’s Notes: Hello once again you awesome bunch of readers! Here’s an update for you guys, hope it’s not too crappy for you readers. You probably already memorize this next sentence I’m about to say.

Do comment and give me your honest opinions about my fic alright? It’s alright to criticise me, i wouldn’t mind really, in fact, that’s how people improve, by getting feedbacks and reviews by people. So let the comments roll alright? Other than that, do enjoy this update!

I’m currently now working on the 4th chapter, it’s not a promise though ok, but I will try to get it done before Friday. No grantees alright?

Oh and lastly, I was thinking of getting a poster done for this fic, you know to better promote it. So yeap, if you guys have anyone to recommend me to help do my poster, do tell me kay? Thanks! :D

In replies to:

 

clumzhy232

 

Haha, stay strong! Wait till the stories progresses on to find out what will happen to both Siwon and Sooyoung! :D

 

bunniewunnie

 

Heyo! I updated already! Do tell me if its alright kay? haha and you’re not a dork for doing that! Hehe!

 

jhenn_orton

 

Whoopsy! I sort of skipped the whole dinner part, hope you’re okay with this, and if you’re not, please forgive me! J

 

wongielover08

 

Heyo! Hey you! Yea you! Just wanted to tell you, that I think your fics are awesome! Particularly your one shots about Siwon and Sooyoung! darn nice to read! Haha keep out the good work! Anyways, I’m not going to spoil it for you alright? Wait till I update the chapter that will explain everything about the girl that ruined Siwon and Sooyoung’s marriage. J

 

teygomez

 

Well I didn’t include the dinner part in this update, whoops. Hope that its still fine with you though. XD

 

Soowon_Guardian4ev3r

 

Haha well dinner went pretty well I guess for Soowon, though yeah you probably know how it went by reading the first part of this chapter.

 

hangooksonya

 

Yeap yeap! She should right?! hehe!

 

SooWon4Ever

 

Haha Sifany’s cool! But Soowon is love! Let’s just support them in whatever they do alright? :D Anyways thanks for such nice comments! I already updated ‘The Cheongdam-dong Case’. Bet you knew already haha!