Chapter 1

The child's wish

“hahaha! D-daddy! Stop tickling me!” 5 year old Choi Yoobin cried out as she tossed and the couch, her playful father tickling the tears out of her.

“Oh? But sweetheart, didn’t you ask for this?” her young and dashing father said with a playful grin on his face. He proceeds to tickle her even further, causing the young toddler girl to flail more under his hold.

“hahaha! O-ok daddy ok! I-I won’t...haha...copy...haha...what you say ever again...hahahha! just stop tickling me!”

“Hmmmm? Did my baby girl, Yoobin said something?” Siwon asked as he brought his right hand up to his ear, digging it with his index finger. “I can’t hear you..”

“hahahahahaha! I-I said I would..haha..stop copying whatever...hahaha...daddy says!” Yoobin repeats herself once more, sounding hysterical due to the constant tickle attacks her father was giving her. She lets her hands roam around her whole body, trying to defend herself from her father’s attacks but fails miserably.

The young father broke into another grin before he finally stops tickling the poor girl, he scoops her into his arms, spinning her around before throwing her up the air and catching her, Yoobin giggles out loud as her father then drops down to the couch, placing her on his laps.

“Daddy misses you so much Yoobin!” Siwon exclaims, hugging the girl tightly, who was smiling oh so brightly at her father. He showers her with butterfly kisses all over her face. “Do you miss me too yoobin?”

“Of course daddy! Yoobin misses daddy too!” Yoobin says rather excitedly, referring to herself in the third person.  

The young girl proceeds to snuggle up deeper into her father’s chest, giving him a rather warm and loving hug.

Siwon smiles at his little girl, opportunities to have Yoobin come over to his apartment and spend some quality time with him don’t come very often. That is why whenever she comes over to visit him, he only vows to spend and cherish his time with her wisely and meaningfully.

“Sweetheart, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Siwon asks her as he starts to her hair, the little girl brought her index finger to her lips, thinking hard.

“hmmmm, I don’t know daddy.” She replies him back honestly. “But I do know what I want to do now.”

“Haha, and what would that be my dear girl?” Siwon arched his brows as he anticipated for his daughter’s answer.

The little girl tilts her head up to look at her father, a little grin slowly forming on her face as she does so.

“I want to eat..” Yoobin begins as Siwon bends down, his ear directly in front of .

“Uh huh? What do you want Yoo?”

Yoobin brings her hands up to her father’s ears, covering the side as she whispers into his ears. “I want to eat daddy’s ramen.”

Siwon drew his head back from her the moment she was done speaking, he looks at her, her eyes glittering with hope.

“Yoobin, you can’t have daddy’s ramen.” Siwon says, his expression gentle on his daughter.

The look on Yoobin’s face changed to one that looked horrified. “B-but why daddy?”

 “Because you’ve been having tummy aches for the past few days sweetheart.”

“But daddy!” Yoobin whines, she brings her hands to Siwon’s forearm, tugging at them.

“Sweetheart-“

“I’m feeling fine now daddy..” The little girl interrupts her father. “Can you PLEASEEEEE make some ramen for me to eat?”

“But Yoobin-“

“I promise not to eat too much daddy.” 

“Yoobin, mummy made it perfectly clear that I wasn’t allowed to give you any ramen during your stay here.” He explains. “She told me you haven’t been feeling well these past few days, so you have to stay away from all those unhealthy food for a little while until you’re fully recovered, and that means no eating ramen.”

“Daddy pretty pleaseeee?” Yoobin pouts, trying to buy her way into her father’s good grace. “I’m feeling good now-“

“I know you are sweetheart.” Siwon interrupts her this time round. “But let’s not take any chances alright? Besides, you wouldn’t want making mummy angry right?”

Yoobin doesn’t reply her father back, looking down to her hands as she stopped tugging on Siwon’s arms.

Siwon knew how much his daughter loved ramen, especially his home made one. Heck, Yoobin would always ask for his ramen without fail every time she comes to visit him. She calls it ‘the best daddy’s ramen in the world’, and the flavour she like the most was the spicy mushroom flavour, a flavour that her mother too enjoyed having.

“Sweetheart, just hold on for a couple more days alright? Then you’ll be able to eat anything you want. You can even ask mummy to bring you here just so you can eat my ramen alright? You’re not mad at daddy are you?”

The girl looks up to her father, shaking her head.

“No daddy, I’m not angry at you.” Yoobin replies him back. “I know daddy and mummy doesn’t want me to eat too much ramen, because eating too much of it is bad for little children like me.”

Siwon had to smile, that was the one thing he loved so dearly about his baby, for a little girl her age, she was definitely way understanding and obedient than any other kids Siwon has met, not that other kids aren’t understanding or obedient to their parents, but with Yoobin, she doesn’t go overly dramatic and cries over not being able to get what she wants, something most parents struggle with their kids. And for a child her age, she’s really really obedient to her parents.

“That’s my girl.” Siwon smiles at her warmly, patting her head. “Daddy’s proud of you baby..”

“Daddy.” Yoobin frowns at Siwon’s sentence, grabbing his hand as she bats it away from her head before she gives him a pouty face. “I’m not a baby anymore! I’m a big girl!”

Siwon chuckles at his daughter, she didn’t like being called a baby and would rather much appreciate her parents to drop the whole ‘baby’ thing on her. Her parents find her overreacting of that nickname cute and would at times, intentionally call her a baby just to make fun of her.

 “Alright alright fine, you’re not a baby ok? Your daddy’s big girl ok?” He says giving her a cosy bear hug, the girl immediately loses her pouty face, quickly replacing it with the happy face she had moments ago.

“So daddy’s big girl..” Siwon starts. “Since you can’t have daddy’s ramen, how about I make you some porridge instead? You like daddy’s porridge too don’t you?”

As if Siwon had said the right words, the little girl started bouncing frantically on her father’s laps. “Yay!!! Daddy’s porridge is the best!!!”

Siwon chortle at the way his daughter was reacting, poking her nose with his index as he seats her on the couch, standing up.

“Alright then, daddy will go make you some now, how about you stay here in the living room and play with your crayons?” Siwon suggested to her, ruffling her hair.

“Ok daddy!” Yoobin replies him back, all smiles at him.

He returns her gesture before turning towards the kitchen.

“Daddy!!”

Siwon turns back upon hearing Yoobin calling him.

“mmmhmmm?” he mumbles out.

“Make lots and lots and lots of porridge for me!” The girl says, drawing huge circles in the airs with hands.

Siwon chuckles for the bazillionth time. “Yea sweetheart, daddy knows the usual ‘Yoobin’s meal serving’. You have got to stop eating so much, it’s going to be bad for your tummy.”

Yoobin only sticks out her tongue playfully at her father, who disregards it with a playful eye roll before heading into the kitchen.

“Of all the traits she could pick up from you, why did she have to share you love for food too youngie?” Siwon thought out loud as he started to ge.     

-----

The young and handsome father pops out of the kitchen 10 minutes later, carrying a bowl of porridge over where Yoobin was seating at.

“Yoobin! Your food’s here!” Siwon declares proudly, carefully setting the bowl of porridge in front of Yoobin, said girl then starts clapping her hand, hopping up and down as she eagerly waits to devour her dinner.

The little girl takes a peep over into her remarkably ‘bigger-than-an-average-kid’s-bowl’ bowl, looking into the content of the bowl. Her face scrounges up into a big smile upon seeing that her porridge was nearly filled to the brim, her smile didn’t go unnoticed by Siwon, who only smiles in delight.

“Well done Siwonnie, well done.” He thinks to himself as he mentally gives himself a pat on the shoulder on a job well done.

“Thank you daddy!” the girl says as she smells the seductively nice and tempting aroma of her father’s porridge. Porridge with pepper, egg and scallop, just the way she loves it. Yoobin’s mouth watered at the mere sight of her father’s home made porridge, taking delight in the fact that the whole bowl of heaven was hers and hers only, she was going to have herself a scrumptious dinner.

Wasting no time, the girl quickly takes up her spoon, about to scoop a spoonful of porridge into when she’s interrupted by siwon, who had cleared his throat to get her attention. The young girl looks up at her father in curiosity.

 “Sweetheart, aren’t you forgetting something?” Siwon says, arching a brow at her.

“hmmmm? Oh! Sorry daddy!” Yoobin giggles upon realising, placing her spoon down as she brought her hands together, muttering a short prayer before she was finally able to eat her dinner.

The girl’s face lit up once more in elation upon ingesting her father’s meal, it was as if she had just seen fireworks.

“haha can I try some sweet-“

“No daddy!! No touchy my food!” The little girl cuts her father off, immediately putting her hands in front of her food to defend it, as if it would kill her if Siwon were to take just one bite of it.

“haha, sweetheart! I was just kidding! Aish! You’re just like mummy! Did she teach you to do that too?” Siwon jokes.

It was true though, Yoobin really takes after her mother in that aspect, they were both food lovers and they tend to get overprotective of their food if they feel insecure about it getting snatched away from them. Her mother’s known for being able to eat loads and loads of food, having approximately 8 meals a day, and how her mummy stays so thin despite her eating so much was still a mystery to Siwon, though he really thought it was a good thing that she couldn’t gain weight, it made her look really drop dead gorgeous.

Siwon takes a seat on the floor beside his daughter, ruffling her hair once more as she resumes eating her food. He looks at the table, letting his eyes wander around it in search for the remote control when something caught whole of his attention.

“hmmmm, what’s this?” Siwon thought out loud, reaching his hands over to the piece of paper, he brushes the crayons away from the paper, before taking it up and having a look at it.

 “Sweetheart, did you draw this?” Siwon asked Yoobin, his eyes still focused on the piece of paper, it was a drawing, with what appears to be 3 person holding each other’s hands, from what it looks like, it seem like it was 2 adults and a kid, thought siwon didn’t really know why yoobin drew another circle in the middle of the male adult looking drawing, it appears to be a head.

Yoobin muttered an hmm, not taking her eyes off her food.

 “So what’s this picture about sweetheart?” Siwon asked, noticing that there were words above each drawing, since Yoobin’s mother is working as a teacher, she has thought her how to write a little, but it was still barely readable as Siwon had a hard time trying to decipher what they were saying.

Yoobin places her spoon down for a second time, giggling.

 “Daddy! That’s us silly!” Yoobin explains.

“Oh?” Siwon arched an eye brow as the 5 year old kid then hopped onto her father’s lap, taking the drawing from him.

“See daddy? This is me.” Yoobin pointed to one of the drawings, before pointing to another one, the male looking adult one with the head in the middle of its stomach. “And that’s daddy carrying Kyungsan, I didn’t draw legs for kyungsan because he can’t walk yet, so that’s why daddy’s carrying him in the drawing, and the pretty one beside daddy is-“

“Mummy?” Siwon helps her finished her sentence, and Yoobin starts smiling again, nodding her head.

“Wow sweetheart, this is nice drawing.” Siwon says, admiring his 5 year old daughter’s drawing.  He didn’t know why, but he started to feel sorrowful, the drawing was one meant to be joyful and happy, and he wished that he could feel that way too, with his family, but..  

“Daddy?”

Siwon snapped back into reality when he heard Yoobin calling for him, he looks down to his daughter’s face.

“Yea sweetheart?” He asks her.

“Can you come over to our house tomorrow and have dinner with us?”  

Siwon sat there on the floor, stunned and staring back at his daughter. He didn’t know what to say to her.

“Er, sweetheart, I-“

“Daddy why don’t you want to stay with me kyungsan and mummy?” the little girl asked innocently.

“Y-Yoobin, I..” Siwon stops, lost for words, how was he suppose to explain to her the situation he and his wife were in now?

“Daddy?” Yoobin calls out to him again, seeing as he wasn’t answering her.

Siwon looks at her, before showing a little smile.

“Yoobin, daddy can’t go back and stay with you guys.”

Yoobin pouted.

“But why daddy?”

 Siwon smiled, before continuing on. “Well, er you see Yoobin, daddy’s been really busy with work these past few months, I’ve loads of work that my boss gave me, and I have to finish them if not my boss would get mad at me, and also it’s easier for me to get to work from here, seeing as my workplace is nearer here, so I don’t have to wake up so early and stuff.”

“But I want you to come back daddy.” The little girl whines.

“I’m sorry sweetheart..” Siwon says, not knowing what else to say, he hated that he had to lie to her.

“Ok daddy, but can you please come back for dinner tomorrow?” Yoobin asks

“Well Y-Yoobin-”

“Please daddy?” Yoobin begs him, unknowingly showing him her puppy eyes. “Please come for dinner tomorrow.”

Siwon stares at her for awhile before sighing, how could he reject his daughter like that when she’s looking like this? He finally gives in to his daughter’s pleas.

“Alright Yoobin..” Siwon says. “I’ll be home tomorrow for dinner alright?”

Yoobin immediately starts cheering the moment he finished his sentence. “Yipeee!!! Daddy’s coming over tomorrow!”

 Siwon smiles lightly at her, before her hair.

“Alright sweetheart, come on, finish up, we need to get you to bed soon.”

“Ok daddy!” Yoobin replies him rather enthusiastically before going back to her food

-----

‘ding dong’

The door’s bell rang, prompting Siwon to lower his magazine and tilt his head to the left side. He gets up his sofa and headed towards the door, scratching his head as he wonders who on earth it could it be at this time of the night. He opens the door to find a beautiful lady outside his door’s step.

“Y-youngie?” Siwon stutters, looking shocked.

Sooyoung stares at Siwon albeit uncomfortably, before taking a step into his house.

“I-I left the student’s work here.” She explains herself to Siwon as he mumbles an ‘oh’, he then smiles slightly at her to go and find her stuffs, Sooyoung avoided eye contact with him as she then makes her way to his room where Yoobin was now sleeping in, having left it there when she brought her in there to change earlier that evening.

Siwon trails behind her, stopping by the door sights leaning against the door frame as he looks at her taking up her bag of schoolwork.

“Found it..” She says, turning to look at him. Siwon nods his head in response to her.

Sooyoung then turns back to the bed before bending down to check on her daughter.

“H-how was she today?” She asks him as she starts to her little girl’s hair.

He lets out a slight chuckle, folding his arms.

“Same old same old, she was obedient as always.”

Sooyoung says nothing in return, only taking her time to look at her daughter. It was starting to get a little awkward between them so Siwon decides to break the silence.

“Youngie.” Siwon starts. “Y-Yoobin asked me to come over tomorrow for dinner.”

Sooyoung turns back to look at him.

“So?” She asked, causing Siwon to frown a little.

“Sooo, can I come?” He asks her, hoping that her answer would be the one he wanted to hear.

“Oppa, I thought I made it clear, that you weren’t allowed to step foot back into the house.” Sooyoung says, and Siwon felt himself lose hope, he wasnt going to be able to drop by his old home for dinner tomorrow, but the thing that bugged him the most was that he wasn’t going to be able to keep his promise to his little girl.

“Youngie i-“

“I have to go now, Mummy’s still at home watching over kyungsan.”

She makes her way past Siwon, only to have him grab her arms, she looks at where his hand were on her arm before looking back at him, Siwon immediately lets go of her arm upon realising what he just did, apologising to her.

 “Youngie please.” He starts. “All I’m asking for is just one dinner with you and the kids, our family-“

“We’re no longer family.” Sooyoung cuts him off coldly. “We haven’t been a family for almost a year oppa, so please, if this is one of your stupid excuses in trying to win me and the kids back, then please, don’t bother asking me.”

“Youngie, I’m not trying to win you guys back, it’s just that Yoobin-“

“Why are you using my daughter as an excuse to come see us?” Sooyoung asks, looking right into his eyes.

“W-what?” Siwon says in disbelief. “W-Why would you even think of something like that? I would never ever use my daughter in any way. What kind of a father do you think I am?”

“I dont know, but I know what kind of a husband you are.”

Siwon sighs in frustration. “Can you not bring that topic up?”

Sooyoung only stares at him, before continuing on.

“Anyway, the answer is no oppa, you can’t come over for dinner tomorrow.”

She turns to leave when Siwon spoke.

“Don’t you love Yoobin?” Siwon asks her, prompting the brunette to turn back to face him.

“Wouldn’t you want our daughter to be happy?” He asks as he takes a step closer to her. “Youngie I don’t want to disappoint her. Did you know what she said to me just now?”

She kept silent, folding her arms as she waited to hear his explanations. “She asked me why wasn’t I at home always, I didn’t know what to tell her, so I had to go with the ‘I was busy with work’ tactic. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her that, she was really disappointed, then right after that, she pleaded with me to come over for dinner tomorrow-“

“And you actually promised her that you would be there tomorrow?” Sooyoung cuts in. “Oppa why are you giving her empty promises? You will only be hurting her in the process.”

That irritated the tall man a little, causing him to unintentionally blurt out some rather sensitive stuff. “The only reason why I can’t keep my promises to her is because of you.”

“B-because of me?” Sooyoung says, her voice noticeably filled with irritant. “So what are you trying to imply oppa? That you’re not able to keep your promise to her because of me?”

“N-no youngie, t-that’s not what I meant-“

“Then what do you mean by it?”

“You know what? Let’s just drop the whole thing alright? Forget whatever I said, It’s late, you have to go-“

“What do you mean by it?!” Sooyoung raised her voice at Siwon, taking him by surprise a little. She was never one to get angry over such a little thing, then again, it was him she was dealing with, so it’s kind of understandable.

“Youngie, please, Yoobin’s sleeping, lower your voice.” Siwon says, trying hard not to agitate her, he couldn’t afford another argument with her.

“No oppa!” The brunette insisted on it stubbornly. “Not until I get my answer!”

“Youngie please!” Siwon yells at her, finally reaching his limits. “Why are you getting so agitated over such a small matter?!”

Sooyoung drops her bag, throwing dagger glares at him.

“Yes! That’s right! Call me short tempered or whatever other names you want to call me! I admit it! I’m short tempered.”

“Youngie I didn’t say you were short tempered-“ Siwon has himself cut off again by her ranting again.

“But that’s because it’s you I’m dealing with! Whenever I see you, I’m reminded of the past, how I caught you cheating on me, I’m always brought back to the time when I saw you that night at your office, with that stupid who claimed herself to be my number 1 best friend and sister in the world!”

Siwon’s eye grew larger at her statement, causing him to ball up his hands into a set of fists.

“So don’t tell me when not to get angry or what not to get angry at! Because I’ve still haven’t forgotten about that time when I saw that devouring my husband’s mouth!”

“How many times, do I repeat myself youngie?! She drugged me alright?! I didn’t know what I was doing, all I know was I thought she was you! You know I would never ever do that kind of unforgivable act to you-”

“But it did happen right?! and I had to catch you, my own husband in the act with my own eyes!-”

“Youngie stop! Just-“ Siwon shuts his eyes tightly, before taking a big breath. “Youngie, please let’s not argue anymore, it doesn’t do good to both of us, so let’s not go through this stupid argument ok?”

He looks at her, watching her eyes glitter a little with water. Sooyoung doesn’t replies him back, she instead, turns her back on him, before putting on her heels. Siwon made no attempt to talk to her, he just watches her put on her heels as she wiped her watery eyes before she opens the front door.

“H-have her back by 7pm tomorrow.” Was all Sooyoung said before she closed the door.

Siwon heaves out another long sigh, lifting his head up as he closed his eyes. He looks back at the front door where Sooyoung had just left seconds ago.

Siwon sighs once more, entering his bedroom as he slowly seats beside Yoobin on the bed, careful not to make any sound. He then starts her hair as looks at her sleeping profile, his facial expression dejected.

“I’m sorry sweetheart, I tried my best.” He says to her. “I really do want to eat with you guys, kyungsan you and mummy, but mummy wouldn’t agree to it..”

Siwon says, lying beside his daughter. He reaches for his lamp just at the little drawer beside his bedroom, turning it off as he then hugs Yoobin.

“I’m really really sorry.” He apologises once more.

______________________________

Author's Notes: Phew 1st chapter done! hope this is alright with you guys! :D anyways, about my other fics, I know I haven't updated them like forever but don't give up on them alright? I promise to update as soon as i can. Do tell me your honest opinion about my fics alright? Good or Bad, i want them! :D