The fire

Minister, maybe.

Hyoyeon slammed her door closed. “FIRE! FIRE!” She screamed. The fire alarm was going off loudly. “Oh my God, no no no no no…” She looked around, trying to find a way to escape. The window seemed to be the only option. Everything else was just furniture and walls. She grabbed a towel, quickly soaked it in the bathroom, and wrapped it around her body. I remember reading somewhere that this can protect me from getting burns and-. Hyoyeon coughed. The smoke was pouring into her room via the gap at her door. She ran to open the window. Cold air came in and she caught up with her breath.

“My phone… where’s my phone??” Hyoyeon quickly ran to her bed and found her phone. Then she came back to standing by the window. “Uhhh…” She didn’t know who to call. The fire alarm was already set off, so it means that fire fighters should be there soon. She could hear noises coming from outside as people were evacuating. Did anyone know she was trapped in there?? “HELP ME!!” She yelled. But no one probably heard her. She turned and looked out the window. It was cold out there and extremely hot in her apartment.

“Why am I on the 22th floor of such a big building?” She whined. Then her door caught on fire. She gasped and then truly felt scared. She started shaking, her heart racing in fear. “Somebody help me…” And then she started crying, and coughing in between. She looked out the window again, this time looking down on the street. There were a crowd of people already gathering outside the building and looking up to see what’s going on. A firetruck was there. Thank God. They really came very quickly.

But the fire was spreading towards her, it’s already eating her wardrobe. And it was getting harder and harder to breathe. There was not enough oxygen, and she was getting dizzy. She cried, and was worn out. It didn’t help. She gripped onto her phone to try to stay conscious. She coughed more, falling down on her knees. 

“S-sooyoung…”

Then she collapsed and fainted. 

 

------

 

“I gotta go and get her…” Sooyoung mumbled as she stumbled backwards in shock. Her face got pale.

“Madam, be careful!” Dong Ho got a hold of the young minister and kept her from falling onto a large vase of lavender that was behind her.

“D-Dong Ho… I- I have to go back to Korea now.”

“But Madam, the mission is starting in an hour. You cannot personally go to Korea now, Madam. Please give your commands and I will make sure it will be done, Madam. You don’t have to worry.” 

“No, you don’t understand!” Sooyoung snapped. She was worried sick. Her heart lost a couple of beats as she started to imagine what could be going on at Hyoyeon’s place. “Hyoyeon…” Her breath was shortened as she got more and more worried. “What do I do…?!”

“Madam! Please calm down. The mission is very important. You cannot miss this one. Everyone’s lives depend on this, Madam!” Dong Ho tried to get the minister back to her normal rationality. “Madam, please give your commands as soon as possible. I will have people take care of this address.” 

------

“Hyoyeon unnie?” A soft voice called her. Hyoyeon slowly opened her eyes. She felt weak, and heavy, as if she held her breath for a very long time.

“Hyoyeon unnie! You’re awake!” Seohyun called out in joy. “Dear God, I’m so glad! How are you feeling unnie? I was so worried!!” And then the girl started crying.

“Seohyun, silly girl. Why are you crying…” Hyoyeon placed her hand on Seohyun’s hand to comfort her.

“Because I was so worried about you! And now I am so happy that you finally woke up.” Seohyun sniffed and wiped the tears off her cheeks.

“I’m feeling a little weak. But honestly I don’t feel like I’m dying, so I’m ok.” Hyoyeon smiled faintly at her own bad humour. 

“Unnie! Don’t joke like that.” Seohyun pouted. “Everyone was so worried when we heard about the fire.”

Oh yeah, the fire. Hyoyeon remembered what happened. When she first woke up she only vaguely remembered something that was very traumatising but could not precisely recall what happened or how she ended up in the hospital. Memories flushed back into her mind. She remembered the fire, and how it was consuming her apartment, her bedroom and was going for her. She shivered and pulled the blanket up closer to her chin.

“I’m sorry, unnie. I shouldn’t have reminded you of it…” Seohyun saw the gesture and took Hyoyeon’s hand. “It’s okay now, unnie. You are safe here. I’ll be here with you and I wo-won’t leave you alone again!” And with that, Seohyun shed more tears.

“Hey, stop crying already. It’s not your fault.” Hyoyeon weakly scolded the younger girl. Seohyun sniffed and nodded, taking a deep breath.

“So how long did I sleep?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Hmm, so how long is long and how long is short for you? I just want to prepare you so that you won’t be shocked.”

“What? Did I sleep that long??”

“No no, I mean, I don’t know! How long is long and how long is short for you? It might be long for you but short for me, that’s why I’m asking you.”

“Well, I guess 2 or 3 days can be seen as short, whereas a week or two is long.”

“Well then, you slept for quite a long time, unnie, but not too long. It’s been 8 days now.”

“Wow. That’s long.” 

“It was very long!! I thought you weren’t going to wake up again huhuhu” Seohyun pouted. “Everyone took turns to stay the night with you.”

“I’m sorry I worried you guys.” Hyoyeon patted her younger sister. “8 days of waiting must had been hard on you.”

“But it’s okay now! I’m glad you woke up.” Seohyun smiled. “Actually, I should go and tell the Doctors that you’re awake now so they can give you a check-up. And I should tell the other unnies that you’re awake too. Sooyoung unnie has been worried sick. I’ll be back here soon, okay? You get some rest, unnie.” Seohyun stood up and walked out the room. 

Sooyoung… I hope I didn’t worry her too much. Hyoyeon laid back and closed her eyes. Especially if she was on a mission! Oh no, I hope no one told her about me while she was busy with other more important stuffs… 

 

A/N: A quick update for the day :) hope you guys liked it! Please do leave comments and tell me what you think or just cheer me up and motivate this poor soul! Be safe and be happy everyone! xx