Minister of National Defence, yes, I am.

Minister, maybe.

 

BAM

 

Everybody screamed. Five girls stopped singing and rushed to the figure lying under the huge stage lamp.

“Hyoyeon!!”

 

“Unnie!!”

------

 

Hyoyeon jolted at 3 in the morning, panting.

She closed her eyes and sighed in relief.

It had been almost two years since the accident, yet everything felt like yesterday.

Hyoyeon had been dreaming about it, the accident that took away her career, almost every night. She used to have the dream then woke up crying. She cried thinking of not being able to dance anymore because of her disabled legs. Dancing was her passion, her way of living and her soul’s way of breathing. How cruel is that now she could barely even walk.

Day after day, Hyoyeon got tired of crying, but the ugly truth was still there.

She put the blanket over her head and tried to go back to sleep.

 

-----

 

The accident two years ago also ended SNSD, the famous Korean girl group consisted of 6 members: Hyoyeon, Yoona, Seohyun, Tiffany, Sunny and Jessica.

After the accident, Hyoyeon’s fellow members blamed the manager company for negligence and brought the case to court. All 6 girls, especially Hyoyeon, were rewarded millions of dollars and became millionaires. They now lived in expensive apartments and could buy almost anything they wanted. Hyoyeon, however, was still suffering depression since her lifetime passion had been taken away. She still smiled though, but they were never happy smiles.

One day, while the girls were having their weekly party, Hyoyeon was again in her own world. She sat alone on her wheelchair and watched the night city, probably thinking of sad things.

From afar, or from the other corner of the room, a little discussion took place among the girls.

“I think we need something new. These parties clearly are not helpful. Just look at Hyoyeon.” Yuri, Jessica’s girlfriend, said.

“You’re right. Suggestions, anybody?” Tiffany said.

Everybody looked at each other. They had been thinking of a way to get their friend out of this state for a long time now. They tried to cheer Hyoyeon up by paying her visits regularly and throwing weekly parties. Seohyun even moved in with Hyoyeon to look after her but the result didn’t seem to be very bright.

After another round of asking and thinking hard, Tiffany’s girlfriend, Taeyeon, spoke up.

“Maybe she needs love.”

“Love?” Everybody paid attention to Taeyeon.

“Yeah. Remember how she was Lonely Dancing Queen? There are two parts of that name, Dancing Queen and Lonely. Although she was lonely, she was happy because she could dance. Now that the dancing part can’t be fulfilled, she needs the lonely part to be fixed.”

“And aren’t Kim Hyoyeon’s two most important things in life dancing and family? You’re brilliant, Tae Tae!!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“That sounds good, Taeng!” Yuri nodded.

“So what should we do now? It’s not like she’s going to go out and find someone to date, is she?” Jessica said.

“Actually, why don’t we throw a bigger party and invite all the potential people…” Taeyeon said with a sly smile.

 

-----

 

2 weeks later

 

The girls arrived at one of the most expensive hotels in the city. They were all dressed up and looked stunning.

“You’re going to love this party, Hyoyeon.” Sunny said while pushing Hyoyeon on the wheelchair to the ballroom.

“I just don’t see the point of going to a party in this marvelous hotel on a wheelchair…”

That totally shut Sunny up.

“On a wheelchair or not, it’ll be fun.” Yuri said covering Sunny’s part.

“S-sorry guys. I know you are just trying to cheer me up.” Hyoyeon lowered her head.

“Then you better enjoy this special party. We put lots of effort into it!” Tiffany winked.

Eight girls entered the ballroom in the welcome of smart dressed ladies and gentlemen. The girls bowed lightly to the guests and started the party. Everybody took turn to come up to Hyoyeon and chatted. The blonde girl had a good time meeting new people who were all very nice to her. She made friends with a lot of them and showed her genuine smiles.

“Things are going nicely, yeah?” Yuri commented as the girls were watching Hyoyeon from afar.

“Yeah. She looks so much better! Our efforts have been paid off!” Tiffany smiled happily.

“At least it was worth it spending hours of looking for compatible people to invite. I seriously had a sore back when I finished the guests list.”

“You’re jjang, Taengoo!” Sunny gave a thumbs-up.

“Oh unnies. Who’s that? The tall one standing at the cocktail bar. She looks so familiar.” Yoona pointed at a tall girl who just grabbed two glasses of cocktail at the bar.

“That’s Choi Sooyoung.” Taeyeon said.

The girls gasped.

“Choi Sooyoung??? You mean Choi Sooyoung the Korean Minister of National Defence???”

“Yeah…?”

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung then at her girlfriend in disbelief. “Omg Kim Tae Tae you’re friends with Choi Sooyoung the Minister of-”

“National Defence. Yes. She’s my childhood friend.”

“Omoooo.” The girls dropped their jaws in admiration.

“Hey Sica, stop that. I’m your girlfriend here!” Yuri covered Jessica’s eyes as she saw the latter staring at Sooyoung too intensely.

“Oh come on seobang! It’s Choi Sooyoung! The hero of Korea!” Jessica protested.

“The youngest Minister of the world…” Yoona continued.

“And the only female in the cabinet…” Seohyun ended dreamingly.

“How come you never told us that you’re friends with her?” Sunny asked.

“She’s actually not around that much. She’s always either overseas or on top secret meetings and missions. I only got to see her like once per six months.”

“And how come she’s here now?”

“She just came back from the meeting with the United Nations in Australia yesterday and had a week long holiday. We went out for coffee and I invited her.” Taeyeon explained.

“Good job, Tae Tae!”

 

------

 

“Good evening. May I get you a drink?”

Hyoyeon looked up at a handsome tall girl who just talked to her. “That’d be very nice of you.”

“No worries.” The tall girl left and returned with two glass of cocktail in her hands. Hyoyeon noticed how she walked in a powerful yet elegant manner and assumed that the girl must be in some very high educated class of people such as a princess or something.

“Here you go.”

“Thank you.”

“Anytime.” The girl flashed a warm smile and took a sip of the cocktail.

“Um... What’s your name?” Hyoyeon hesitantly asked.

“I’m Choi Sooyoung.” Sooyoung said and offered her hand.

“Kim Hyoyeon.”

They shook hands and remained silent. Sooyoung just stood by Hyoyeon’s wheelchair and watched the party mindlessly while Hyoyeon observed her. Hyoyeon found the latter stunning in a dark blue strapless dress which successfully emphasized her curves. It was a pity that her y collarbone was somehow covered by her thick long brown hair. And her facial features were totally beautiful and attractive. The way her eyes looked at her surroundings was just so deeply smart. It was like she could notice every little thing in the ballroom and nothing moved without being noticed.

Hyoyeon thought she saw that kind of look somewhere on TV before. She tried to recall and remembered a news about National Defence on  TV a long time ago. There was this same girl in army uniform who observed the lines of soldiers with that same clever pair of eyes.

“Aren’t you… Minister Choi Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung slowly peeled her eyes off the people near the grand piano and looked at Hyoyeon who was rather speechless.

“Yes. Yes I am.” She nodded.

“Omo!! Wow. I just got a drink from Choi Sooyoung the Minister of-”

“National Defence. Yes. Yes you did.” Sooyoung chuckled.

“It is such an honor to meet you, Miss Minister.” Hyoyeon bowed her head.

“Oh no. The pleasure is mine, Miss Dancing Queen.”

“Miss Dancing Queen! Hahahaha” Hyoyeon suddenly burst out laughing.

“What is it so funny?”

“Nothing… Hahaha It just sounds weird… Nobody really calls me… Miss Dancing Queen.”

“Actually, it is weird indeed.” Sooyoung smiled sheepishly.

Gahhh how cute. Hyoyeon thought. “Just call me Hyoyeon.”

“Then I’m just Sooyoung, not Miss Minister okay?”

“Okay!”

Sooyoung playfully winked. “Do you want a tour around?”

“Here?”

“Yeah. I’ll push you.” Sooyoung put down her cocktail. She held Hyoyeon’s wheelchair and slowly pushed her around to talk to people. Hyoyeon was amazed at how well the young Minister could communicate with others and easily gained admiration and respect. People got comfortable around her and appreciated her at the same time.

“You are really a hero in everyone’s eyes!” Hyoyeon commented as Sooyoung was pushing her to balcony to get some fresh air.

“Aw I’m really not.” The tall girl blushed.

“You’re like the hero of the whole Korea!” Hyoyeon continued to compliment with a bright smile.

“Hehe.”

 

 

A/N: So here it is my HyoSoo fic. I know there are not many HyoSoo shippers but well. I think that our beautiful Dancing Queen deserves attention, too~ so I'mma do this, even if nobody reads x'D