Heated up

Minister, maybe.

------

 “Hey I’ll probably disappear in a few weeks so if you don’t hear from me, don’t panic. - SY.”

“I won’t. Just make sure you’ll come back! – HY”

“Pray for me! – SY”

Sooyoung smiled, then she turned off the screen of her phone and put it down on the study desk. Now back to work. She adjusted her glasses and spent another 3 hours there at the desk, planning her next mission. At the end of the day, she finished her draft. Everything was noted down in a top secret code that only Sooyoung and 2 other people know.

I can’t mess this up. She thought to herself while going over the plan once more. Well, not just this. I can’t mess ANYTHING up, this mission and other future missions. And the thought stressed her out. Man. So hard. Okay. Sooyoung, breathe. You can do it. You’ve accomplished numerous missions in the past. This one is just like the other ones. Everything is impossible until it’s done. Yes. It shall be done.

After this brief panic and self-reassurance, Sooyoung regained confidence. She stared at the draft one last time, memorised everything, then she burned it. She placed the burning piece of paper into an ashtray and watched it until it was completely destroyed.

------

 “Hey Seohyun! I’ve got half the scarf!” Hyoyeon grinned, holding up the navy blue scarf she was knitting for Sooyoung.

“Good job unnie! It’s almost done then. The rest should be even easier for you because you’re used to knitting now.” Seohyun nodded on the other side of Facetime. “You’re always good at these stuffs.”

“So how’s your holiday? Where’s Yoona?”

“She’s in the bathroom. We just got back from the Eiffel Tower. It was freezing cold, unnie. We really needed a hot bath. Is it cold there? Make sure to keep warm, ok unnie?”

“It’s cold here too, but I’ve been at home most of the time so I’m warm, don’t worry.”

“I wish you would come with us, you know. I really didn’t want to leave you alone at home.”

“Nah, it’s your honeymoon. You two should enjoy yourselves without me.”

“Unnie! It’s not a h-honeymoon.” Seohyun blushed.

“What is it then?” Hyoyeon teased. “Alright, alright. No need to worry about me. I’m an adult. Plus I’m older than you. I can handle this just fine.”

“Next time we’ll go together, ok? You can’t say no.”

“Ok ok. Only if someone else also go to keep me company. I don’t want to be a third wheel. I demand a forth wheel.”

“Oh!” Seohyun’s face turned devilish. “Like who?” She raised her brows. “Like… SOOYOUNG unnie?”

“Hey! What kind of expression is that?” Hyoyeon blushed.

“Oh we can have a double honeymoon then!”

“Did you just admit you are having a honeymoon, Seohyun?”

“NO! Who said that?”

------

10.30pm

Hyoyeon finished another episode of Shirokuma Café. She put her laptop away and went to bed. As she laid down, her phone beeped.

“Goodnight beautiful. – SY.”

Hyoyeon smiled wide. Sooyoung had been texting her goodnight everyday now. It made her very happy. And also a little nervous. Because most of the time she didn’t know how to text back. She didn’t know where exactly Sooyoung was and the associated timezone. So she didn’t know if it was daytime or night time there, or what Sooyoung was doing. And thinking of a time-neutral, context neutral text message is really hard. I can’t keep telling her to do her best at work or eat a lot or stay healthy or whatever I’ve already said it a million times. She sighed. Oh-

“Thank you. Remember to get enough sleep, wherever you are. And keep warm. Unless you’re in Australia. – HY.”

Hey that kinda rhymed a bit. Hyoyeon thought and clicked send.

She laid down, snuggled up in her warm bed. I wonder where she is now. It must be hard doing her job. Always very disciplined and secretive. I wonder how she even have time to text me. Does she text other people as well?? And yeah she was lost in thoughts. Should I ask Taeyeon if she texts her as well… Hmm, maybe not. I can’t explain why I want to know if I ask… Well, maybe she does text other people as well. I mean, why would she text only me? She can’t be doing that… Though I hope she is…

Hyoyeon blushed in the dark as she romanticised things between her and Sooyoung. It’s kind of annoying though! I keep thinking about these kinds of things every night. What does this even mean? Does it mean I like Sooyoung? Yes I like her but… not like that? What if it is like that… But no! I mean, why? How?

And Hyoyeon’s been going to sleep confused like that. 

------

Sooyoung walked out of a secret meeting room and felt her phone vibrate. A text message from an anonymous number.

“Better come quickly. She’s on fire.”

On fire? Sooyoung raised her brow. And who is she?

“Dong Ho, are you sure that my phone is coded differently to ensure security?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes, madam.”

“Then how can this person hide their own number from me?”

“Can I please have a look, madam?”

Sooyoung handed her phone to Dong Ho who checked it carefully.

“This is… not a good sign. No number should be able to appear private on your phone, Madam. This requires a very high hacking level.”

“So that means I should take this seemingly meaningless message seriously?”

“I would suggest so, Madam.”

Sooyoung took her phone back and stared at the message. “Hmm…”

Who is she? What does it mean to be on fire? Is it literally on fire, like burning… or just someone is feeling hot? Sooyoung tried to think. To be honest, any reference of a female person right now makes me think of Hyoyeon first. But how can she be on fire? Should I be worried? The message says ”better come quickly.”, implying that I should take action and that I should be worried…

“Can you please check this address for me, Dong Ho.” Sooyoung scribbled in her notebook and tear off the page, handing it to her subordinate.

“Right away, Madam.” 

------

It’s so hot. Hyoyeon turned in her bed, wasn’t sure if she should hide away from the heat in her blanket or if she should throw the blanket away because the thing is also making it worse. It’s winter. How can there be such a hot night? I think I smell something weird too…

It smelt like something was burning. As soon as Hyoyeon realised that, her heart raced. She then was completely awake, and alerted. She sat up in bed and saw red rays flickering. Something was burning.

Oh my God. Oh my God. Something is on fire! Hyoyeon rushed towards the source of light at her door and the lights in her room. She checked and saw that her bedroom wasn’t on fire, or at least not yet. She opened the door of her room and screamed as half of the living room was on fire. And the fire was spreading like crazy, eating every piece of furniture and rushing towards her. 

------

 

“Madam, the place seems to be on fire.” Dong Ho worriedly reported after checking the address.

“Holy sh--, Dong Ho.”  

 

 

A/N: This is a shorter update ^^ but still an update! I am very sorry for such a long hiatus. All I can do is to keep writing and not give up! And I promise that I won't give up. Please keep supporting this fic!