Missions and dates

Minister, maybe.

 

Weekly party

 

“Guys, I have something to say.”

Everyone kept silence and paid attention to Hyoyeon.

“I think I’m ready for practice now.” Hyoyeon smiled.

Everyone widened their eyes. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon ‘Did she just say practice?’ Taeyeon looked back ‘I think I heard it too.’

“Practice?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah. Practice walking.” Hyoyeon nodded with a determined look.

“Oh unnie!” Seohyun hugged Hyoyeon. “I’m so happy! Let’s practice!”

“Oh Hyoyeon!” The girls all had teary eyes now.

“I’m so glad! You f-finally…” Tiffany burst into tears and cried on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I’m so proud of you, Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon sniffed. TaeNy cried together.

“Oh you two dramatic dorks!” Hyoyeon laughed and stood up from her wheelchair with the help of Seohyun.

“Do your best unnie! I’ll be by your side so don’t worry.” Seohyun said, supporting Hyoyeon by the arm.

“I’m here, too!” Yoon said and took Hyoyeon’s other arm.

“Thank you kids.” Hyoyeon smiled warmly.

“Let’s go to the balcony!” Sunny said and all eight girls gathered around Hyoyeon. They slowly walked to the balcony.

“Go Hyoyeon, go Hyoyeon!” Yuri cheered while Jessica clapped.

It was such a warm-hearting scene that almost made you cry.

-------

“I’m so glad.” Tiffany said hugging Taeyeon.

“Yeah… remember what the doctor said?” Yuri smiled.

“Uh huh. He said as long as she’s not dancing, walking is absolutely fine. But if she doesn’t want to walk, then there’s nothing we can do.” Taeyeon said looking at Hyoyeon and Seohyun and Yoona.

“But she does now!”

-------

“Unnie, can I ask why did you suddenly decide to do this?” Seohyun asked as the five of them were enjoying the breezes at the balcony.

“Hmm… because I had the motivation?”

“Oh where did you get the motivation?” Yoona was curious.

“Well, hehe… since there’s someone who’s working so hard to maintain world peace… I guess practicing walking is not a big deal… so why can’t I?”

Sunny was seen shooting a teasing look at Hyoyeon.

 

----------

 

One day, Sooyoung just disappeared. Well, Hyoyeon didn’t know what happened but after the meeting in Vienna, the tall Minister had not been replying her message for 4 days already…

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Seohyun ask upon seeing Hyoyeon looking at her phone sighing.

“Huh? N-nothing. Let’s go Seobaby.”

“Okay.”

So Hyoyeon went to the grocery store with Seohyun, wondering where Sooyoung could have gone to.

 

--------

 

2 weeks later

 

Kang Dong Ho’s POV

 

“Sir, you should go rest, I will guard her, Sir!” A young soldier saluted.

“It’s okay. I want to do this. You can go.” I told him.

“But you have been standing here for 5 hours, Sir!”

“Thank you for your concern. But I want to do this.” I told him again, wanting him to know that I WANT TO DO THIS.

“Uh-um, Sir, yes, Sir!” He saluted again. “If you need me I will be right at your service, Sir!”

"Thank you, sergeant." I nodded and he went away.

So it had been 5 hours already? I didn't even feel tired. Oh maybe I'm just used to it. There was one time I guarded her for 11 hours, her whole sleep.

I opened the door as gently as I could. It was dark inside but my trained eyes could see through. I saw her lying on the bed, sleeping with bandages on her forehead. Oh she smiled again. She always smiled in her sleep after a successful mission. It's not that she actually smile, though. She just looked so satisfied and somehow happy.

I stood by the bed and watched her sleep. She looked so beautiful. Well you can call her the most beautiful woman I ever met if you want. And she was so intelligent. She handled all those meetings and missions so well. How many people could be both intelligent and beautiful anyway? And she had a big heart. She loved everybody and was always ready to sacrifice herself. And so I adored her, the Korean Minister of National Defence... Well she just liked to eat a lot. But it wasn't her flaw. I found it adorable, don't you think?

I apologize to those who were fans of Choi Sooyoung, perhaps the whole Korea. I just couldn't help kissing her on her injured forehead.

And she smelled so nice.

Okay. I should return to guarding her now.

 

-----------

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Ugh… my joints...

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. It was a nice room actually. I think I was just in another hotel.

Ouch my stomach. So hungry.

How long have I been sleeping? Did I waste a lot of time or anything? *yawned* I got up and brushed my teeth. Then I saw the bandages on my forehead. Wow. I got injured. I tried touching the spot and scolded myself immediately as it hurt like hell. Haha.

I changed into my casual clothes (the clothes were hung neatly in the wardrobe by maybe Dong Ho) and went outside.

“Good morning Madam.” Dong Ho saluted.

“Good morning!” I smiled. I couldn’t help feeling good seeing things being peaceful again. It’s like the feeling you get when you watch an action movie and after the fight it became all peaceful and beautiful again.

“I see you are really happy, Madam.” He smiled.

“I am!” I winked and hummed SNSD songs all the way to breakfast.

 

-------

 

9:11pm

 

So, you ask me what happened? Well, I can’t tell you because it’s top secret. I know you’re not going to tell anyone but well it’s not good for your mental health anyway so I won’t tell.

But, wait, don’t be disappointed so fast. I can tell you that I went on a mission that was quite dangerous and well, I got injured. Usually I wouldn’t have to go on missions by myself, but this one was very important, and they needed me and my acting skills because we had to trick other ministers, and in the end the other party found out but too late. However we got into a gun fight… wait I think I’m telling too much. In sum, it was a mission.

The GOOD thing was that, we kinda won and mission completed! Peace will last longer (until the next mission)! Hooray! I feel so happy now. My people can now live longer and things. Hehe.

I was in my room in the hotel watching TV. The Prime Minister rewarded me another one-week holiday. I couldn’t have been more thankful. Maybe I should return to Korea tomorrow? Oh. Korea. Hyoyeon. OMG HYOYEON I HAD NOT BEEN TALKING, NO, TEXTING HER FOR 2 WEEKS! I grabbed my phone and saw messages from Hyoyeon. *face-palmed myself*

No need texting anymore I’m calling her nao.

*ring ring*

“Hello?” Hyoyeon said over the phone.

All my feelings. Oh my god her voice. How did I end up missing her so much?

“H-Hyoyeon!” I blurted out.

“Oi Sooyoungie!! Oh my where have you been??”

“I.. er… I had to go on a mission…” I trailed off slowly.

“Oh…” She said. “So that’s why you weren’t able to text me…”

“I’m sorry Hyoyeon…”

“It’s fine!” She smiled. Well, I bet she smiled. I didn’t see but I could tell by her voice.

“So, are you alright? Was the mission dangerous or anything?”

“Well, I only got injured a little bit..”

“No way. Does it hurt a lot?” She asked all concerned.

“Not really… hehe. Guess what, I’ll be back to Korea tomorrow!”

“Really??” She squealed a little.

“Yeah.” I laughed.

 

--------

 

No one’s POV

2 days later, 7.30 pm, Seoul.

 

*Ding dong*

“Coming!” Hyoyeon opened the door and saw a tall girl smiling at her. “Sooyoung!!”

“Heyyy!!” They hugged.

“Oh my gosh you’re…!!” Sooyoung widened her eyes.

“Yes now I can walk!”

“That’s amazing Hyoyeon!”

“Come in! Seohyun went to Yoona’s so there are only you and me.”

---------

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

After delicious dinner

 

“Wow… I’m full…that was so… delicious Hyoyeon…” Sooyoung burped quietly. She was lying on the couch and resting her head on my thighs.

“Really? I can cook for you more often if you want.” I smiled and stoke Sooyoung’s hair. She looked sleepy. Just like a kid, eat and sleep.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Yay!” She clapped.

I gently touched the bandages on her forehead. She said she got the injury from the top secret mission.

“Ou..” She whined.

“I’m sorry does it still hurt?” I quickly apologized. It hurt me too, seeing her hurt.

“Nah, just kidding.” She put out her tongue. I smacked her arm.

“Ouch! Now that hurts!”

“Bleh.” I put out my tongue. She rolled her eyes and stayed quiet. I kept on stoking her hair and she seemed to be sleepier and sleepier..

“Unnie…”

“Huh?”

“Right? You’re older than me, right? Taeyeon told me so.” She said with her eyes now closed.

“What year were you born in?” I asked. I didn’t think she could possibly be younger than me.

“I was born in 1990. You don’t know what year your Minister of National Defence was born in?”

“So yeah I’m older. I was born in 1989.” I said. I somehow didn’t like hearing her calling me unnie.

“So should I call you unnie?”

Oh somebody shoot this question.

“It’s up to you.”

“I really really like you, unnie.”

Now I didn’t know if I should smile happily for stay frustrated.

----------

No one’s POV

 

The next day

 

"Aw don’t cry." Sooyoung said, wiping the tear on the corner of Hyoyeon's eye.

"It was so good." Hyoyeon sniffed.

"I know, right?" The young minister smiled sweetly. She held Hyoyeon's hand and led the latter out of the cinema, where they just watched Shrek 4.

"I really loved it. Thank you for taking me to the movies."

"Hehe. I know you like the family kind of things."

"Yeah I do. I really want to have a nice family with lots of kids one day!" Hyoyeon chirped happily.

Somehow, our tall minister couldn’t help but feel rather sad. A piece of hope she never officially thought of was blown away by the statement. Hyoyeon's dream of having a family with lots of kids means there will be well, obviously, a man as her husband.

'Sweet. I was excluded...' Sooyoung thought. Her eyes no longer sparkled.

"So what should we do next?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Um... Are you hungry? Let's go eat somewhere." Sooyoung faked a smile.

 

-------

 

Restaurant

" I want to have a baby boy, baby girl, baby girl, baby boy, and a baby boy in that order.... hey are you listening?" Hyoyeon waved her hand in front of a dazed out Sooyoung.

"O-of course I am." Sooyoung blinked various times.

"Okay so I also want..."

Sooyoung watched the blonde girl talk about the family of her dream. Hyoyeon would show her warm smiles and her eyes twinkled like the stars in the night sky. She said she wanted the daughters to be like Yoona and Seohyun. The sons can be like Dennis Oh, Eunhyuk and Chris Brown.

'She would make a great mother to her lucky kids...'

 

--------

 

Later that night

"Thank you Sooyoungie. I had a great time today." Hyoyeon said as the two were standing at Hyoyeon's apartment door.

"That's good. I had fun, too." Sooyoung smiled. "And why are we holding and swinging hands?"

"A-hahaha I don’t know..." Hyoyeon laughed awkwardly. "Somebody told me to do so..."

It's me writer hi how r u.

"Oh..." Sooyoung raised her brows. "So, I think I should get going now. Goodnight."

Hyoyeon suddenly stood on her toes and gave Sooyoung a peck on the cheek. The tall girl was surprised and she immediately blushed.

"T-thank you again f-for the ...d-da..." Hyoyeon looked at the ground and stutter. "...ate.."

"The what?"

"The... date..."

Sooyoung felt like her head was about to explode.

"Y-you're welcome... We can do it again... if you w-want..."

"Sure. Let's do it again!"

After bidding each other good night rather lingeringly, Sooyoung left. She stepped onto the street with grin on her face which she couldn’t stop.