Chapter 3

Chansoo "The Letter"

 

FLASHBACK

It's been so long now, don't you think? After 10 years, it's kinda silly, but I still remember what you said to me the first time I met you. That early school morning, I ran into class just as the bell rang, quietly taking my seat in the front where the teacher looked at me weirdly. I went down to get my notebook out of my backpack when I heard someone dropping their pencil. It rolled beside me and I went to pick it up, handing it back when I saw another hand grab it too.

I looked up to hear, " Your eyes are so big, I bet you can see the whole sky in them." That cheesy grin soon followed by the sound of what only could be descriped as a chuckle laugh with one eye squinting dissapearing into the face of that man I loved, still love.

Ah, our school years; How i always kept those memories close to my heart. From that moment on in English class at exactly 9:05 AM staring to the right side of me was not just my new friend, later best friend and current boyfriend but also my everything. It went on from their, walking to classes together talking about useless things, exchanging numbers, going over to each others houses for homework, and then sharing food at lunch. What might have been simple friend things for me ment heart punded momments, sweaty palms, and my brainn going dead. I remeber a conversation we had, talking about the old day's back when we were in high school. Btw this time i had just gotten out of college and was working my intership coming back late one night over a cheap oven meal. "I never told you before but i was actually always afraid to talk to you and dropped my pencil on purpose to catch you attention but when i did i thought it was stupid and went to pick it up, and then you went for it so i freaked out and then when you looked at me i blurted out the first thing on my mind" I chuckled at his confession "so the first thing you though about was seeing the sky in my eyes?" i stuck my fork into the still partially frozen  piece of chicken. "Yeah i know it sounds weird but they honestly look like that too me" he quickly avoided my stare and continued to eat and look down. I gently kicked him under the table to get his attention, when he looked up he looked scared at my reacotion but i just warmly smiled at him. "I thought it was the most beautiful thing anyone had ever said to me" it was the truth but by now you have since filled my heart with more beautiful words and phrases to compare not just my eyes but our whole love in general too.

 

Its the weekend now and im working overtime today cause tomorrow i just don't want to do anything. Saturday's were always' busy because most people only worked 5 day's and really wanted the weekend off but people like me; who were either: single, trying to get extra cash or have their loved ones in war, were the ones that usual stayed to work for overtime. It wasn't even like i needed the money but that empty house just wasn't where i wanted to be again for another christmas. "Sure, i guess i can visit my family" i thought . They had always invited me every year and some years i actually went, my parents house always had a distrince smell like the forest itself from where they lived. The old oak that made up the whole house was starting to show aliittle age, rotting in some places on the outside. The holes on the front porch would let the snow and water come through causeing a permanity puddle or spot on the place. The swing set was long since broken , it has been that way since i was a kid. The loud moutain birds waking you up everyday and the trees trying to block the sun out in the morning were some of the things i liked about it. When i did go on Christmas i would be a 4 hour drive and then a mile walk to the home because of the hill it was too steep to drive up. Luckily they had a gate and lights set up so you can see the walkway they made for guest. Before i left i would always take time to take pictures of the landscapre then come home and set them as my desktop and screen saver. Chanyeol would always say i should have worked for a photography company instead of my stressfull job i have now, that i have a "nack for taking good pics".

"its just taking a picture anyone can do it" "what no you have to look at it through my perspective i mean look at the way you caugh the sun in the right angle in this one" he held up a picture of some that he printed . No doubt wasting all our ink, "and this one here you even got a good side view of the mountain in the back" he proceeded to just grab more photos and shove them in my face while pointing out what he thought were "good features" of my photography skills. I just shrugged him off and went back to preparing myself for work tomorrow and just laughed him off but just for him i take some everytime so he has something to look at when he comes back.