How to Spend a Day Off

SECRET FLOWER
  • Let's Meet Up! - Chapter 5 [recap]

 

Nichkhun blushed when he noticed how close they were to one another and took one step back stuttering. "Y-you ready to go?" He shyly asked.

"yeup!" Hyomin smiled and followed closely behind Nichkhun as he walked towards their next destination.

===========================

The subway was rather packed and Hyomin was stiff as a rock trying not to move around too much on the shaky cart. Since they usually had the nanny van to drive them to places, Hyomin hasn't used public transportation in a while, besides, T-ARA's Hyomin casually walking onto the subway without any disguise would cause a ruckus...not a good idea in such a crowded place. 

Hyomin had no idea where Nichkhun was taking her, as the subway stopped at each station Hyomin swayed with the moving mass of people and sudden jerk of the train. On the 3rd stop Hyomin nearly lost her footing, she made a small yelp preparing to crash into a stranger when an arm grabbed her waist. 

"T-thanks.." Hyomin smiled and looked up at Nichkhun as he stared back at her with cautious eyes.

"Stay close to me.." Nichkhun whispered, he was really nervous from the sudden contact with Hyomin, but he tried not show it. He didn't want her touching some other guy, for whatever reason, and told her to stay close...just incase. 

Hyomin slightly nodded her head and pushed herself closer to Nichkhun, slightly leaning on him for support. 'Public transportation is scary..' was all Hyomin was thinking about.

Nichkhun's heart started to beat faster as he felt Hyomin lean into him, he nervously looked down to see the worried look on her face and could only think about how cute she was. 'breath Nichkhun, breath... please...when will we reach our stop?'

*10 minutes later* Nichkhun looked up at the subway map and noticed they had finally reached their stop, as the doors opened Nichkhun gently placed a hand on Hyomin's shoulder, who seemed to be spaced out the entire time, signaling for her to get off.

Exiting the crowded cart, Nichkhun took in a deep breath.

"Ahhh~ finally made it." 

"Pabo... where are we going?" Nichkhun looked back at Hyomin and laughed, she was still calling him Pabo. 

"You'll see, why are you still calling me Pabo?" Nichkhun asked with a confused face.

"Because! if I say 'Nichkhun-Sshi' people might notice.." Hyomin whispered his name in her sentence just to make sure no one heard.

"Ahhh... okay, but just for today, being called pabo is embarrassing. What should I call you?" Nichkhun scratched the back of his head, this was the only exception made for Hyomin. 

"uhmm... anything you like!" Hyomin tapped her chin and smiled. "I don't really care ~" She began to walk towards the station exit.

"anyways, Pabo. Where are you taking me? let's hurry!" Hyomin hopped a bit and Nichkhun smiled at her sudden energy.

"follow me ~" Nichkhun took the lead once again as Hyomin followed closely behind. 

------------------

Hyomin's eyes widened at the cute knick-knacks placed in the shops window, Nichkhun had taken her to a small shopping district where it was mostly older people so they didn't have to worry so much about being mobbed, but they still kept their disguises on. 

"Pabo... this one is cute." Hyomin pointed towards a small piggy keychain in the window. "You think I should get it?" Hyomin looked up at Nichkhun who had been admiring a few plushies through the window.

"How about we walk inside and take a look first?" Nichkhun laughed, she was like a small child in a candy shop. 

Today Nichkhun learned a few new things about Hyomin, She didn't like public transit, She has sudden bursts of energy, can act like a kid but is very mature, and likes cute things, but has great fashion sense. 

"ahhh..." Nichkhun wanted to call Hyomin's attention, but remembered that they had to use 'nicknames' or 'codenames' today just incase.

"ahhh...Sunyoung-Sshi~!" Nichkhun suddenly remembered one night that Hyomin told him her real name and since he at making up nicknames, he decided to use her real one. 

Hyomin looked up from a few stationary items at the sound of her real name as her eyes darted towards Nichkhun.

"yah.. it's weird being called that." Hyomin pouted and stared at him.

"Sorry, I couldn't think of anything, besides I think Sunyoung is a pretty name. Its suits you." Nickhun smiled, he was telling the truth. Out of all the female Korean names he's heard so far, SunYoung was one of the prettiest. 

"T-thanks... why;d you call me though?" Hyomin slightly blushed.

"I just wanted to ask if you were done yet, I still have one more place I want to go to" Nichkhun planned to go to two places today with Hyomin, it was a last minute planning, but it seemed like it will work. 

"Oh sure ! I was just about done~" Hyomin stood up straight and headed towards the exit.

"You don't want the keychain?" Nichkhun asked as she stepped out.

"uhmm.. I'll come back some other day ~ it can wait!" She smiled and Nichkhun quickly followed her out, not forgetting his manners and bowing to the older shopkeeper. 

"Where to now Pabo?" Hyomin looked at Nichkhun expectingly.

"it's a surprise!" Nichkhun placed a finger over his lips to show the secrecy of the next location, Hyomin slightly puffed her cheeks, she was getting too many surprises today. 

---------------------------

"Waaaah! it's SOO cute!" Hyomin excitedly pointed towards a small rabbit hopping around in the fenced area "Can I touch it?!"  Hyomin looked up at the animal keeper asking for permission.

"Of course you can young lady, just come through this fence and you can go hold one." The man lead Hyomin towards a small gate leading into the rabbit pen with Nichkhun following behind.

Nichkhun had taken Hyomin to a petting zoo where you can play with small farm animals and pets, it was meant for children, but Nichkhun thought why not since it's another place they will least likely be found. Besides, it looked like Hyomin was enjoying it. 

"Pabo, pabo! come look! it's so soft and it's just staying in my arms~ kyaaa~ I want it..." Nichkhun chukled, here comes to cute childish Hyomin. 

For the next hour, Hyomin and Nickhun toured around the petting zoo, feeding baby goats, holding rabbits, grooming small hoses, and seeing newborn kittens. It wasn't a typical date, but Nichkhun figured that if Hyomin had fun that was all that mattered, and clearly, she had fun. 

By the time Hyomin and Nichkhun had finished touring the entire petting zoo it was already 5:00pm, Since they had scedules the next day they decided to head back early. Once they had reached the station, rush hour had already passed and to Hyomin's pleasure, the subway was rather empty.

*on the subway* 

"Nickhun-Sshi, thank you for today ~" Nichkhun looked at Hyomin as he noticed that it was the first time she had properly said his name today, it was most likely because the bus was pratically empty with only a few older people a fw seats down.

"It was my pleasure, it was luck that we both had a day off" Nichkhun blushed. 

Hyomin nodded and stretched relaxing her muscles "I'm glad I spent time with you today, it's nice becoming close with fellow idols." 

Nickhun sighed, "it;s nice having a break every now and then." being and idol was fun, tiring, and stressful all at the same time. If he didn't have this one day off every couple of weeks, he might go insane. 

***

As the cart came to a slow stop, Nichkhun stood up and offered Hyomin his hand as she stood from her seat. In the span of one day, Nichkhun and Hyomin got that much closer. Even though they still frequently blushed with one another, without the other knowing, they were comfortable and were now "good friends" 

Since Hyomin still declined Nichkhun's offer of escorting her home in the worry of being caught, the idols both bid their proper goodbyes at the station.

"Bye-bye!" Hyomin waved as Nichkhun waved back "See ya!" 

Hyomin began to walk away and turned around once more "thanks again for today!" and with that she turned and hurried up the stairs. 

Nichkhun smiled, he felt warm inside. A weird sensation of happiness tingled inside of him, but soon left when he realized that she was gone. 

Nichkhun quickly took out his phone and messaged Hyomin: 

"Text me when you reach your dorm, kay?" 

- Nichkhun

! ONE NEW MESSAGE !

"Arrasso~"

-Hyomin

TBC 

==========================

woot ~ woot~ another update yo! I know this took forever and I would like to thank you guys for waiting so patiently for this update, I hope the date was okay for you guys - it's rather short on some parts, but I didn't want to make this chapter SUPER long ~

please leave your comments ~ and I hope to be back with another update soon ^^

Thank youu ~! 

tumblr_me45blsfny1rl5vxjo1_250.gif